Enable DIS on an A3 with S-Tronic/ DSG gearbox

nhowroyd

Reaction score
Website
www.howroyd.co.uk
Many thanks to MarcQuinlivan and mitch78. Marc for the instructions and mitch78 for the use of his VAG.COM and Computer.

Marc some of the coding was slightly out but it gave Lee and myself the start point.

Here are the instructions as to how....

Section 1 - Vag Com - 5 minutes
1) Plug and prepare the vag com through your cars diagnostics port
2) Go to section 'Steering Column --> 16' and change your coding to 0011142.
3) Go to section 'Instrument Cluster --> 17' and change your coding to 0000423.
4) Once changes have been made, dissconnect the vag com, take the key out of the ignition and wait 10-15 sec.
5) Turn the ignition on and wait for the idiot message to go away. You should now see that performing Section 1 will result in two things. One, the washer fluid empty icon May appear since some A3s do not have the sensor. Two, you will get the distance to empy readout.

Good job Nick. I assume you'll grounding the repair wire to make the washer fluid error go away?

I think the coding on the notes I sent you was the coding for the car of the dude who posted the thread I mentioned.

Cheers Guys its SWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT.....

Just found out that my neighbour knows an Audi mechanic who will fit the washer stalk for me and get it at his cost price..... Dude I am so happy...

Good job Nick. I assume you'll grounding the repair wire to make the washer fluid error go away?

I think the coding on the notes I sent you was the coding for the car of the dude who posted the thread I mentioned.

No washer error came up so I gonna run down my washer and see what happens........

Yea the coding was for a left hand drive car some where else... as when we did it it came up the passenger door was open but the drivers one was. Also there was the most annoying beeping coming from the car, some sort of warning tone..... Then also the Temp changed to F....

But I am well happy with it.. I need to get a VAG.COM sorted now and get the stalk fitted..

But once again cheers gents...:respekt:

Sorry to seem dense, but do you mean that, if I buy a used A3 (Sportback) SE without DIS specified but with DSG that I can just buy & fit a washer stalk with the buttons on and recode using VAG COM to activate DIS?

Clear it with VAG-COM, although sometimes you just need to take the car for a drive and the ESP light will go out. Mine did this after I had removed the steering wheel one time.

The ESP fault is displayed because you would have had the battery disconnected while removing the airbag. You should also have a steering wheel light on the dash. Driving the car a short distance will clear the ESP light and you'll need to do the steering angle calibration thing too. The steering wheel light will go out at the same time as the ESP one, but he steering angle thing may need doing too. I've never done it, but some people might suggest that you should do it.

Well now have the airbag light on now... Don't know about the steering angle calibration.... sure some one will let me know what to do..