Discounts for new A3

tony1

Reaction score
Hi ya

My Audi A3 2.0 TDI is due to arrive this week.

The spec is

Ebony Black
Black Leather
Heated Front Seats
Front Centre Arm Rest
Storage Pack
Acoustic Rear Parking
17'' Parabolic
Interior Light Pack

I only managed to get a 5% discount. Are there any dealers that are willing to give larger discounts?

What are the best deals people have obtained?

Thanks

Tony

Why are you now asking ? You can't do anything about the price you paid. Would it make you happier to know that most people get 10% ?

Hi Tony

I also have a new A3 2.0 TDI DSG on order. Mine was ordered in mid-March and is now not due to arrived until the end of July. Seems that the TDI DSG combination is very popular in mainland Europe and they cannot make them fast enough.

In my case I am trading-in my existing A3 1.8T and any discount is built in to the trade-in price. The dealer has agreed to stick to the original trade-in price, even though it will be a couple of months older and have more miles on the clock.

I think at the moment the dealers can sell all the A3 TDIs they can get so I would not expect much in the way of discounts.

Dave R

i got 5.5% then got offered 6% at another dealer but the dealer i went with was alot nicer to me plus chucked in a few things that i didnt ask for so was happy with the 5.5%

6% was also on a spec list i didnt want.. so happy with what i got..

I got £700 off my 1.6 Special edition which is just under 5%

Don'#t forget too much discounting means your car will depreciate faster like a Vauxhall or a Ford /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JezyG said:
Don'#t forget too much discounting means your car will depreciate faster like a Vauxhall or a Ford

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Not entirely sure how you work this one out... Depreciation is brought about by many things, build quality, number sold etc.. but not how much discount the punter got when he bought the car.

Glasse's guide take into account the average price that people are paying and then base the car's first drop just a bit under this. Some cars are an exception to the rule and is dependant on deamand in the used car market.

Depreciation is mainly down to desirability and image, numbers only come into play on a desriable car that has suffered oversupply.

But if you can buy it at 14k instead of 15k new you will then expect to pay around 13500 used. Hence the above rule being applied.

I will give a bigger discount (mines only 2 months old)

04 04 140TDI Full Audi Bodykit
2,000 Miles
Full leather
Cruise Control
18"Alloys (2K)
Reverse Park
Storage Pack
Metallic Black

Cost just over £25k

Open to offers £22k ??

Never smashed or stolen

Audi_5.jpg

Gareth J,

I'm picking my car up on Saturday so I haven't paid for the car yet.

The dealer said he would give me some free accessories, and also managed to get rear floor matts.

I'm happy with what I've paid as the service I have received has been excellent.

I can't wait to pick it up.

Wish,

If only you told me earlier I would be interested in your car. The bodykit and alloys look great!

What are you buying next?

Can you still get me a supaguard kit?

Drop me an email tony and i will arrange one for you

As you havent paid the dealer, just pop down and pick mine up ...... its already been treated !

Whats next ... Not sure at the moment

Tony1

Hope you enjoy it, they are truely excellent cars and hopefully you won't suffer from some of the beta testing problems that us early adopters have had to live with.

Glad that you are getting good service, I certainly believe that Audi dealers have got a lot better in the last year or so.

Wish

Why are you selling the car ?

The later cars deffo seem to be better, not had one single problem with mine that was late Feb build...Touches wood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think the build quality is top notch and actually slightly supperior to my wifes 318Ci and my old 320d /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You can get good discounts at drivethedeal (8-9%).

However, they don't do part exchanges and because the car could be delivered from any Audi Dealership in the country, it's not quite so easy if things go wrong.

I ordered an A3 TDI sport with a list of extras longer than my arm which had a list of £23447 - i managed to beat em down to £21650 in the end which equates to about 7.7% (£1800) discount which i was over the moon with when you consider that drivethedeal wanted £21469 for the same car - i was only £180 away which i thought was worth paying extra to get car form local dealer!