Operation Safe Car

EAGLE79

Reaction score
Right Chaps,

Had a note through the door a few weeks back from the local police saying there has been a spate of break ins in the area recently and to be on the ball, locking windows, doors, keys out of sight etc etc.

My girlfriends mate who lives a few blocks away rang this morning to say that some scummy little chav's had put a brick through their window (next to front door, unfortunately they'd left porch unlocked) at 5am this morning to get the keys to her A3 Sportback.

Lucky ish for her was that she's left the keys in her bag which upstairs and not on the Key rack. The took all the keys off it and nicked her husbands Focus (which he'd only just filled up with petrol the night before). Thats the unlucky part, they also now have their door keys... (so now having to get locks changed).

Police said they were after the Audi without being funny...

This has got me worried now...

So here's my safety plans of which most i do anyway...

Park Car on drive with Girlfirends Blocking the exit
Her car has crook lock fitted
Going to buy Crook lock of some discription for mine (any recommendations?)
Porch Door and front door are locked
Alarm is active for whole of downstairs
Keys are hidden out of sight and mind in a safe

Now the best bit!

Deep Heat Spray (for victims face) and golf club next to bed in case they want to threaten or attack me! (only protecting girlfriend & myself)

Is that enough? Suppose half the time they just want it easy and if we leave things laying about...... They would have to beat a lot to get away with the car......

Views please Gents/ Ladies

Isn't there something in the law where you can only attack an intruder if they enter your bedroom? You should check on that before using the bat\golf club. (obvioulsy I don't mean that literally - the burglar isn't going to wait while you call the police for a second opinion!).

I've been considering similar security issues in case I opt to purchase the S3 I currently have on demo. Options such as those security post jobbies - maybe two behind the car on the driveway, or maybe a wheel clamp of some description.

Blocking your car in with the girlfriend's one is probably a cheap and cheerful way to stop someone towing your car off your drive, but chances are if they break into your house to steal your keys they'll have the presence of mind to steal her keys too and not just stand in the driveway scratching their heads wondering how they'll shift her car out of the way! There's also the question about what happens if she is away for the night with her car or you are home late or leaving early so leave your car behind hers.

At the end of the day if they really want your car they'll find a way to get it no matter what you do to prevent it, but I suppose the more difficult you can make it the less likely you are to lose your car. Then again if they do come into your house the important thing to remember is that your car is insured and given the choice I know which I'd rather sacrifice! Having said that, who knows what you'd do if push came to shove (so to speak!).

Marc,

A lot of the above is true and i've also thought about one of those security posts.

All that stuff is in my bedroom, wouldn't go hunting them down, probably wedge the door with a unit and call the police. But if they got in the room then i'd defend myself within reason!

Work hard to afford my car and no half wit on the doll is going to get it off me that easy.... They can take the misses first! LOL

Most of the time they want a quick get away so blocking that with posts, cars, locks/ clamps, keys being locked away etc means they aren't gonna be in and out....

The more difficult you make it, the more chance they will simply move on to an easier target.

I hadn't thought about the deep heat thing, thats a great idea! I'm gonna get some of that to go along side my rolling pin that I keep in the bedroom. :nunu::asskicking:

The more difficult you make it, the more chance they will simply move on to an easier target.

I hadn't thought about the deep heat thing, thats a great idea! I'm gonna get some of that to go along side my rolling pin that I keep in the bedroom. :nunu::asskicking:

Lol,

And you need to say to them as you do it

'Feel the burn baby' :)

Exaclty my thinking though, the more difficult the less likely they will try...

Yep same here , S3 parked on the drive , my little Renault Kangoo van parked behind it ( never thought about a crook lock ) porch and all doors locked , all curtains closed , two dogs ( good hearing ) keys in the bedroom!

A 2 ft hand scythe next to the bed ( you need to scare them , they need to ask themselves " is a Audi worth more than my arm " )

p

Disklok are good http://www.disklokuk.com/home.html - if a bit cumbersome to store - but deffo recomend one - lovely visual deterrant - especaially the yellow ones !
Just dont put the key for it on the same as your car keys !

Do agree with making it as hard as possible to steal and hopefully they will move on to an easier target.

If have a garage get it cleared out and use it (unlike most people ) Out of sight out of mind and all that

Richard

A 2 ft hand scythe next to the bed ( you need to scare them , they need to ask themselves " is a Audi worth more than my arm " )

p

Nah a machette - easier to swing in confined spaced - alledgly !

Richard

A friend had them security posts and parked his old car behind his S4 so no one could get in.

Kept it up for about a year and a half then one day arrived late with the S4 behind the old car in day light. Next thing about 4 guys with axes and bats storm through demanding the keys.

The rest is predictable, if you have family with you it would be unwise to fight.

The best security for you guys would be; garage, watch you are not followed as some plan their attack for weeks and any suspicious activity i.e young chavs coming to your house asking stupid questions while another snoops about.

This is what puts me off the S3, too many thieves want it and get it.

*edit* You may think about attacking someone however remember it is usually you that would get arrested not the criminal - justice in motion!:slapped:

Well the actual break in that took place wasn't for an S3, it was a 1.6 A3 Sportback!

As for the justice system.... there i have a plan.

Once you've kick **** out of them, drag them outside off your property.

They are hardly going to call the police and say 'I was just breaking into this house when he beat me up' are they!

Job done, any how if they do get the car they won't get far as the deep heat will make theirs eyes water a little..... :crying: LOL

My 2 Dogo Argentinos called Thunder and Lightning are my best line of defense. All the doors in the house are left open at night so the dogs have free roam of the place. Anybody who is suicidal enough to even think about coming near the house is pretty much guaranteed to be eaten alive. These boys generally try to eat anything that comes through the door.

I strongly recommend dogs although my neighbors hate me.

Or you could stick the body in the boot (it will fit - trust me, I've checked!) and dispose of it in the nearest landfill or suitably similar location.

A body fits perfectly in there, they showed a clip of it on youtube :blow:

The problem with all these other security devices is that they are locked nad unlocked by keys that are on your car keys.

If someone comes into your house and wants keys to your car i assume they wud say open that post as well........

Only form of defence in my eyes is big gates or a garage and hope they dont see what they want..

If they want your motor they'll just wait til you're on the road, follow you and jack you at the next set of lights. If a brick comes through your driver's window followed by a gun (almost always a replica) while your nodding away to your BOSE in a world of your own I promise your only reaction will be to **** yourself and hand over the keys. Unless your name is Charles Bronson.

Is a golf club a good weapon? I would certainly not like to be hit by one, but assuming you miss-hit slightly and didn't smash my skull wouldn't the shaft bend after the first hit making it then a rather feeble weapon? Also a club would take some swinging in a small space.

I hope I never get to find out though!

If they want your motor they'll just wait til you're on the road, follow you and jack you at the next set of lights. If a brick comes through your driver's window followed by a gun (almost always a replica).

Wish that was the case here in South Africa (replica guns), alas here they shoot you for your cellphone.:mad:

Wish that was the case here in South Africa (replica guns), alas here they shoot you for your cellphone.:mad:

Yeah I've heard that - my mum's auntie lives in CapeTown and says a car is worth a lot more than a human life in some areas. Getting more like that over here but thankfully we are a few years away from that level. I take it you just have to be careful where you take your car when driving ?

Yes but thankfully I live and work in Turkey where no such silly restrictions apply. My dogs are only dangerous when they or their loved ones are threatened.

If the scumbag is smart enough to bypass a CAT1 security system he'll have no problems getting past a crook lock. They are a waste of money IMO and a pain to use. If a garage isn't an option (and if it is have it alarmed) parking a car behind yours, or even parking it at an angle makes it more difficult for a thief with a low loader.

If the scumbag isn't smart enough to get pass the car security he'll most likely try to break into your house for the keys (and at the same time get the crook lock key which WILL be on your key ring!). A house alarm for the dumb thief is the best solution IMO (and mad dogs!). If the keys are not in the immediate area most will panic and run. So keep them out of sight in a not obvious place.

I think a safe is a good idea for when your not at the house. If you keep the keys in them at night, and a gang burst in oblivious to the alarm I wouldn't want to explain to them the keys are in a safe, then have to show them where it is, open it up, give them all my prize possessions etc. I'd just want to throw them the keys and have them leave ASAP.

If the scumbag is smart enough to bypass a CAT1 security system he'll have no problems getting past a crook lock. They are a waste of money IMO and a pain to use. If a garage isn't an option (and if it is have it alarmed) parking a car behind yours, or even parking it at an angle makes it more difficult for a thief with a low loader.

If the scumbag isn't smart enough to get pass the car security he'll most likely try to break into your house for the keys (and at the same time get the crook lock key which WILL be on your key ring!). A house alarm for the dumb thief is the best solution IMO (and mad dogs!). If the keys are not in the immediate area most will panic and run. So keep them out of sight in a not obvious place.

I think a safe is a good idea for when your not at the house. If you keep the keys in them at night, and a gang burst in oblivious to the alarm I wouldn't want to explain to them the keys are in a safe, then have to show them where it is, open it up, give them all my prize possessions etc. I'd just want to throw them the keys and have them leave ASAP.

You stole my ****** nickname!!!

Having been victim of an armed robbery I can tell you that when it hits the fan, in the words or martin lawrenson (bad boys 2) "This sh*t just got real!"

Now having been through it I would react differently, on that note I love having my Chronicles of riddick claws on display to make sure I got my back :)

clifford blackjax, check it out. nuff said. in short....if the scummers get your car they have 20 or 30 seconds to disable the car by a combination keypad before the car shuts down and this is even if they are in possion of the car WITH the keys!!!

I've been looking at the SPAL anti car jack device sold by Sempal.

It's a bit like the Blackjax idea except you carry a tag around with you. If the tag is not in the car then the immobiliser kicks in. Anyone on here got one or heard anything about them?

You could always just wire one of those 99p toggle switch jobs from halfords (or similar) between your ignition and the starter motor and then stick the button in a location that only you know - under the seat, in the ashtray, in the wee cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel, under the dash, or somewhere else out of the way. That way even if they get your keys they'll not be able to start the car.

Won't do any good if you get carjacked I suppose, unless you are able to hit the kill switch before they pull you from the car.

REVO the car and use the select switch as extra security.

Keep it seperate to the keys and the vermin will be going no where.

Was thinking along the lines of a disable switch in the wiring..... liking that thinking....

Did also think about the REVO idea, good way to convince the misses into letting me get the car mapped! LOL 2 birds with one stone!

Was thinking along the lines of a disable switch in the wiring..... liking that thinking....

Did also think about the REVO idea, good way to convince the misses into letting me get the car mapped! LOL 2 birds with one stone!

You can get the " kill " map with GIAC also!

p

Deep Heat Spray (for victims face)

Views please Gents/ Ladies

Would actually recommend making a nice cocktail of heavily salted water and birds eye chillis, blending it in a liquidiser and then putting in an aerosol - only problem is that appears a bit more premeditated :eyebrows:

Been running that justification exercise too.
Im conviced!:idea:

I keep shotgun shells scattered around the car....I'd hope someone would get the idea by just looking through the window :laugh:

I keep shotgun shells scattered around the car....I'd hope someone would get the idea by just looking through the window :laugh:

Think I read somewhere that Nottingham is the gun capital of the UK. Wouldn't that be par for the course round your way ? :)