Deliveries

Dave1000

Reaction score
Been told today there are delays at the factory on some models including the S3 if ordered today they are now quoting Dec/Jan 09 delivery dates anyone experiencing delay on there current orders?

Not heard anything about mine.....meant to be getting built a week on mon (week 32).

Did they give a reason why?

I'll check mine on Mon.

I was told October when getting a quote for an S3 Sportback, but since I ordered, I haven't had firm confirmation of delivery date.

Been told today there are delays at the factory on some models including the S3 if ordered today they are now quoting Dec/Jan 09 delivery dates anyone experiencing delay on there current orders?

Might it just be from orders from now as opposed to ones ordered a while ago, if quite a few people have placed orders they may have a backlog?

He didn't know the reason it was certain engines they quoted he had the info given to him from Audi on Thursday I have to say he is a honest chap could of told me earlier dates to get my order in....if it goes into Jan 09 feel like I would rather wait till March & get 09 Reg not that keen getting a new car in the middle of winter I wouldn't use it much anyway just sit on the drive getting dirty !!!!

I only have heard of the TDI engines being delayed to be honest never the 2.0TFSI ones, just rand the dealer and although I couldn't speak to the bloke I ordered from I explained whats been said and he did not confirm any delays.

He will try and check the build week on my car to see if it has changed but may not be able to do this until mon.

Apparently once a build week is confirmed (mine is) then they say this never moves and always takes place??

Also read on another forum there are loads of Internet rumours going round which may have spread from the hail storm incident where loads were damaged at port but it does not have seemed to have affected delivery dates that much according to peoples orders on that forum.

Might just by the diesels hopefully!

Another dealer has just confirmed delays unless already pre built 2009 is now the norm for deliveries

On that basis may aswell have for 1st of March for a 09 better weather then too

A colleague has just been told, today, that his new A6 Tdi has also been delayed.
Was originally told mid-August, now being told well into September.
He's seriously hacked off, considering his options.

With overly long lead times like that AUDI could see punters going elsewhere.

A colleague has just been told, today, that his new A6 Tdi has also been delayed.
Was originally told mid-August, now being told well into September.
He's seriously hacked off, considering his options.
Not exactly a long delay. Why anyone would take delivery in August is beyond me. May as well wait and put it on a 58 plate.

Not exactly a long delay. Why anyone would take delivery in August is beyond me. May as well wait and put it on a 58 plate.

A/ It was a 'special offer' thing they had on
B/ It's a company car, so no gain putting it on an '58 plate.
C/ It'll have a private plate

May not seem a long wait to you, but the point is it goes against their original delivery date and he has committed to getting rid of his A4.

If its a private sale this is a "Godsend" scenario for screwing more discount out of them isn't it ?
Mine was the opposite - arrived 6 weeks EARLY and the dealer retrofitted RNS-E and Bluetooth to compensate.

All I can say is lucky my dealer was honest I really wouldnt of wanted it in January I was originally quoted October but he had a note from Audi come before I signed the paperwork cant imagine anyone wanting a car Jan/Feb so I am going for March 09 so a nice 09 plate for Spring/Summer & still got my 9% off so quite happy.

A/ It was a 'special offer' thing they had on
B/ It's a company car, so no gain putting it on an '58 plate.
C/ It'll have a private plate

May not seem a long wait to you, but the point is it goes against their original delivery date and he has committed to getting rid of his A4.
Our company would always wait if it is only a few weeks until the next reg plate, as companies have to sell on their cars like anyone else and the reg plate will make a difference to value. I'm not sure what difference a private plate makes, as it will have to be allocated an 08/58 plate at resale.

Of course, if he has made arrangements to get rid of the old A4, then I can see why it would be annoying, although maybe his company can make suitable arrangements for him.

In the most recent A3 brochure, it states that they will supply you a courtesy car if there is a delay to the original delivery date in order to minimise any inconvenience.

Our company would always wait if it is only a few weeks until the next reg plate, as companies have to sell on their cars like anyone else and the reg plate will make a difference to value. I'm not sure what difference a private plate makes, as it will have to be allocated an 08/58 plate at resale.

But we don't have to worry about resale, the leasing company do.
If leasing companies worry about reg plates, I see no evidence of it.
Their monthly lease figures are the same, regardless.
Not as if they're saying "Look, if you wait for a '58 plate we'll give you £20 a month off", which would be fair enough.
The private plate makes a difference to the bloke himself, as it makes the 'thrill' of having a '58 plate irrelevant.

But we don't have to worry about resale, the leasing company do.
If leasing companies worry about reg plates, I see no evidence of it.
Their monthly lease figures are the same, regardless.
Not as if they're saying "Look, if you wait for a '58 plate we'll give you £20 a month off", which would be fair enough.
The private plate makes a difference to the bloke himself, as it makes the 'thrill' of having a '58 plate irrelevant.
Ah, through a leasing company. You should have said. :whistle2:

If I remember correctly my dealer said he could give me a further £750 on trade-in if I waited for the new March registration when I purchased mine in 2007 although mine was going straight onto a personal plate. It will obviously be allocated an 07 rather than a 65 when I do come to sell it.

So it certainly makes a difference to those of us who purchase our own cars.

Just got home from the dealer however...

I rang customer services today who confirmed this delay as they stated the car/engine on the S3 was in such demand (not sure she knew what she was on about though as she was asking if I specced manual or auto??!!) She then said best to speak to the dealer I ordered from as they could see on their computers better what dates it currently stands at.

So called into the main dealers and they looked on the computer and phoned the sales place up they put their orders through, mine has only been put back a week to build week 33 which is the 11/08/08. Its confirmed for this date also so it should not move any more according to them.

They said I should be picking it up second week in Sep.

Think I have been lucky as I got my order in way back in May and the dealer said it might be just the case on orders being placed now as its well publicised now that the facelift is out especially the 5 door sportback.

It may be the case the production line is shared with the sportback and only certain weeks of the month are dedicated to the 5 door and vice versa with the 3 door?

Nice one I look forward to your piccies then as I won't get mine till March )-: