DIS - Trip Mileage?

chill14

Reaction score
I have a 2005 A3 Sport and I wondered if it possible to get the trip mileage on either computer 1 or 2.

My 2003 Ibiza used to on its computer, as I used to 'trip mileage 2' to monitor how many miles I was getting to a tank of diesel, and then i could use the trip counter above the Odometer to count the mileage I was doing per month.

Since I have had the Audi I cannot find this function. Does it exist? I have checked the menus via the switch under the wiper stalk but cannot find out how to activate it.

Is it something that can be activated in Vagcom or VacTacho (like the miles to empty does on the mk4 Golf / VW Bora)?

If it doesn't then I'll have to live without, but if it can then I want to activate it.

Many thanks

Do you have buttons on the end of your wiper stalk? If so then press them and it should move through the menus.

The Sport models have DIS as standard. On the 2005 model the button on the bottom just resets the displayed counter.

On my 2007 model the bottom button switches between trip1, trip 2, digital speedo, navigation, menu and then in each menu the buttons on the end of the stalk scroll through the different trip computer menus and setup menus depending on which screen you are on.

Yes I have them, and can switch through them with the rocker switch on the end of the wiper stalk.
I think I have confused matters a bit though in my 'waffle'. All I want to know is that in addition to the list below, is it possible to see the trip mileage on each computer.

ie that computer 1 monitors current trip mileage (as with other functions for speed etc) and computer 2 monitors overall trip mileage as it does with other functions.

At the moment all I have on my computer 1 and 2 are:
Average Mpg
Average speed
Drive time
live mpg
fuel range

Is possible to tun on trip mileage or is this a function that cannot be activated.

it doesnt actually display it (just checked). You get average speed, average mpg, range left, realtime mpg and time driving but doesnt give you a trip. Bit odd, Marc maybe your newer cluster does display it?

I thought that, but I'd read in another thread while searching that some people had got it, so I thought it was just mine that hadn't got it but that it could be 'activated' somehow.

Its just I have bought a 3rd Party Vagcom lead that appears to actually work (my last two lasted 10 mins each), so I have been activating everything I want. This is one of things I'm after.

hopefully the rest of the guys will get back to let us know if they have the function and if it is year specific.

My previous A3 was a 2004 2.0TDI-140 and that did not have the trip function in the DIS. My current 2007 2.0TDI-170 does. Obviously it was changed some time between the two.

My MY04 model had the two computers but the first one was only for a single trip and reset after the ignition was off for two hours or more. That trip didn't show distance travelled and I always wondered why it didn't.

My MY07 model does have distance travelled on trip1, so it obviously changed some time between MY04 and MY07.