New A3 2005 model

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a new A3 2.0 TDI SE with a DSG on order. The order was placed on 15 March 2004. I was originally given a build week of week 21 - 17 May.

I have just been told by the dealer that the build week has been out back to week 27 - 1 July and that the car will be built to 2005 specification. The problem is that he has not yet been told the changes between 2004 and 2005 spec. I would doubt if any of the changes would be major as the design is still quite new, but if anyone hears anything about the 2005 spec I would be very interested to know.

The reason given for the delay is the popularity, particularly in mainland Europe for the TDI + DSG combination. It seems they cannot make DSG gearboxes fast enough!

I reckon they might put indicator mirrors on it but that's about it...The grill is already the new cross style Audi grill, indicators are clear repeaters as it is. It's too new IMO for anything to be changed.

Hi Irish

I spoke to Audi Customer Services this afternoon and they checked to see if they had any further information. The only things they came up with for the SE spec were a different design of alloy wheels and rain sensors on the wipers. They offered to email a picture of the new alloys, but nothing received yet. Shame really because I quite like the current SE wheels. Will keep you posted if I hear any more.

Dave R

Hi All,

I ordered my A3 2.0 TDi Sport about 3 weeks ago now and am intrigued to here that the spec is about to change already!!! It doesn't seem 5 mins ago that I saw the thing at it's launch in Geneva back in March 03.

I still haven't been told my build week yet, but since I've ordered the car sans DSG then I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later. I will also be heading down to my dealer very soon to see what I can find out about this rumoured 2005 model spec as it sounds like I may either just obtain or just miss out on the change.

As an aside (and with a nod to their possible inclusion on the 2005 model) those wing mirror mounted indicators can be a pain. If you have ever driven the new Golf and tried turning into a left hand T juntion (right hand on RHD cars) you end up getting a face full of ornage flashin light when looking through the side window in the direction of travel. Not very good when driving at night. Just a small gripe there : )

I look forward to hearing any more info you guys can obtain and will see what I can lay my hands on myself and get back to you all.

Craigos

Don't like the replacment Alloy wheels for the Standard Model /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif They may look better in the flesh but that picture makes them look lioke wheel trims!!

Alu trim sounds like a good idea, I might retro fit it to mine.

Week commencing 24th May is my build week!! And i ordered light sensor pack does that mean i will automatically get rain sensors included even tho price has increased???

ps you have waited an awful long time from march - ordered mine 18th April and got build week 5 weeks later + 2 for delivery which adds up to 7 weeks in total! (and thast with £1,800 discount!)

I'll answer my own question for info of others - my car as ordered on 18th April for build week 22 has confirmed as being a 2005 model year car - and as my options included light sensor pack i now have auto wipers at no additional cost! fantastic!

Just rang my dealer to get this info.

Steve