0-60 of remap 2.0TDi (140)???

ckh

Reaction score
Hi

does anyone know the 0-60 times of remapped 2.0TDi?

and is it usually 185bhp?

thanks

I'd like to know this too even if its not entirely accurate a good guess will suffice :)

Depends on the remap company really.

My TDI has Bluefin on it and is pumping out around 172bhp with 268 lb/ft of torque (364Nm).

And whats the 0-60 like? Compared to standard?

REVO pushes out around the 185bhp mark with 290 lb/ft of torque. First gear is a complete waste of time as the change to second needs to be done so quickly but once in second it just keeps pulling and pulling. Not sure of the 0-60 though as there is so much torque its hard to stop the front wheels from spinning.

does the remap help in MPG at all ? or does it just drop like mad?:search:

I had mine done at Superchips (Bluefin) 177 bhp, dsg box.
Beddie had his car done at the same time manual and his was 192bhp not sure on the torque. Both cars move ok lol on the ring last year.

I can still get over 450 miles from a tank as long as i thrash it!

My 140 does 186bhp and well over 300lbft. torque according to the dyno.

A better test would be 30-70mph as to avoid that useless first gear and any wheel spin.

I have had sprints with quite a few other 140's now and I can pull away significantly under nearly all conditions, especially motorways.

I do 600 miles a week and drive on the same roads every day. I was getting no more than 500 to a tank. I'm now getting 540-560 consistently.

10% is not bad and exactly what the guys said who carried out the upgrade.

Ive been thinking alot about re-mapping my 140 (when i can convince the missus!!)
Can anyone tell me the difference it makes to your insurance?
(its one of her main excuses for not having a re-map)
sorry for the hi-jack

It depends on your insurer but mine HIC broker RSA as the provider it cost nothing it was the same with my previous company who didn't charge.

We have to get round to testing our A3 Tdi 140 with Racelogic P-Box. The P-Box is still in its box and have had it for 5 months!

0-60 with a DSG is pretty consistent, but with a manual box it's all down to the driver.

It's about 6.8 on my DSG Revo 140, it was 6.5 on my Revo'd PD150 Golf Mk 4 at Bentwaters - GTi Inter. Not had the A3 on the strip, so we had to use GPS and a stopwatch.

The A3 runs 190bhp and 300lb ft.

standard 140 guessing 155hp, 9.3, dsg 8.7
chipped to 180, 8.1, dsg 7.5
chipped to 200 7.4, dsg 6.8
big turbo 235hp 6.4, dsg 5.8

all approx calculation, best case

This is great information! and a great question by the OP!

I hear the Revo's are totally untraceble? That must be very useful if you have a switcher?

I had mine done at Superchips (Bluefin) 177 bhp, dsg box.
Beddie had his car done at the same time manual and his was 192bhp not sure on the torque. Both cars move ok lol on the ring last year.
The figures I quoted are from a Vagcom plot measuring group 20 in the engine and doing a 3rd gear run from about 1500rpm to red line.

I've shown the plot to Jamie at Superchips and he said the plot is about right for the car - any more and I'd leave a nice trail of black smoke :). Still think it might be worth getting a 'true' dyno of it as it feels faster than that to me (I hope it is), but still.....

A3Sline which remap did u use?

I initially had a Revo on my first 140 which was written off. A friend of mine had his done by a company I'd never heard of called Evolve on this forum. His car was so impresside that I gave them a go.

The delivery is smoother and more powerful compared to the first 140.

MPG is not something I had expected to be better. How it manages to have more go and use less diesel is beyond me.