Should i have Chrome Mirros on a3 Or No? :)

Ash B

Reaction score
Hi every1 im not sure if i should have chrome mirrors on my Lava Grey a3? What do you all reckon? Rekon it look nice or i should just leave it with the mirrors it got? And if any one has photo shop if they could do a photo for me it be very appreciated
Thanks
Ashley =)

12072008007.jpg

hi

get the original s3 mirrors(matt effect) dont get the chrome 1s.

im actually getting a set painted black to match my optics pack. but mine is a silver s3. every other a3 i see has chrome mirrors.

omar

My advice is buy some anyway and try them. It's not as though you're spraying the whole car or spending thousands on mods. Worst case scenario if you don't like them or get bored of them... Just swap them back and sell them on.

Silver mirrors look nice but they are a target for scum to nick them to sell on.

I am always wary where i take my car nowadays in case mine get nicked.

I'm gonna buck the trend here and say leave the S3 mirrors for S3's.

They will look good though if you do choose to put them on , and as said you will become a target for thieving scum.......and they cost £375 a pair.

p

they was a pair just gone there on ebay I was considering but just had the feeling they were stolen. Guess it was the wording in the ad. I think the brushed alum looks good, but not shiny chrome.

Thanks for that every one...Quite agree with you PHANTOM & ROBINA3 about them getting stolen and getting sold on...But its not hard to find out who stolen what and sold it to who as i found out when some one broke into my aunties car lol (mistake haha) umm it ok because i dont think any one steal off my car around by me and the only place my car is parked is on my friend drive my drive and at work or the gym which is quite safe. Any where else i get some one to drive me haha :) and yeah they do cost quite abit if they get stolen i suppose its a risk im gonna have to take.
And PNH80 i think im gonna get them if i change my mind or get bored take them back or just sell them on.
And S3OMAR do you know how much the original s3 mirrors(matt effect) are? And have any photo? and do you have a photo of your car?
Marriedblonde do you have a photo of your car?
Thanks every one :)
Ashley

Thanks for that every one...Quite agree with you PHANTOM & ROBINA3 about them getting stolen and getting sold on...But its not hard to find out who stolen what and sold it to who as i found out when some one broke into my aunties car lol (mistake haha) umm it ok because i dont think any one steal off my car around by me and the only place my car is parked is on my friend drive my drive and at work or the gym which is quite safe. Any where else i get some one to drive me haha :) and yeah they do cost quite abit if they get stolen i suppose its a risk im gonna have to take.
And PNH80 i think im gonna get them if i change my mind or get bored take them back or just sell them on.
And S3OMAR do you know how much the original s3 mirrors(matt effect) are? And have any photo? and do you have a photo of your car?
Marriedblonde do you have a photo of your car?
Thanks every one :)
Ashley

hi ashley

dont know how much exactly. around 350ish from audi but you can pick some cheap originals on ebay from germany for around 180-200 if i can remember. cos my mate bought these.

a few of ma mates have them. 1 has the chrome 1s which luk naf. and thats being nice in my opinion.

thats how if come across a free set and im guna get them sprayed gloss black and the alloys and a few other bits. all gloss black

will put some pics up when i get home in bout an 1hr. they are on my laptop. but next week it should luk how i want it to look.i'l put some more pics up then.

omar

here is a pic of the mirror and 1 of the car.

dsc00166zo3.jpg

dsc00163jn3.jpg

Aww yeah i've actually got some thanks omar they came today. Have not fitted them on yet will do tomorrow and show you a picture.

Yeah haha every 1 opinion welcome i've seen a a3 with a cheap copy one that looks really tacky and cheap around by me and looks like really cheap pastic.

Aww yeah that will look really nice. Thanks for the photos....Yeah defo let me know how your car looks next week. How long you had your car for?

Ashley

I love my alu mirrors, allbeit on an older model!

hi mintys3
How are you?
thanks for that would you be able to put a photo of a closer up with the mirrors on your car? Do you reckon they will look nice on mine? I thought they would bnut my mum and dad making me doubt now but other people say i should put them on haha

Ashley

I think they will look good yeh. I find they break up the overall colour of the car which is good IMO!

Hey what do parents know my mum didnt like look of mine when I showed her the pics but she didnt say anything but when I actually got the car and showed her she wants one too now!

Mines silver so less noticeable ofcoarse!

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Aww thanks for that :) Yeah i thnik they do break up the overall colour as you can see my car just one car lava grey!

Some one did actualy reverse into my car the other night in a drive through! They used the excuse it was dark and i said so my car not black and you dont reverse in a drive through you so straight forward lol...So maybe the different mirrors might help my car stand out and idiots not reverse into me.

Aww haha must say its a really nice car mind =) How long you had it?
Your mirrors do look good on your car

Ashley