Door creaks - warm weather ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21388
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21388

Is anyone else suffering from this - both doors seems to creak (when shut !) - Warm weather causing the plastics to expand a bit and rub ?
Now the car is very dusty at the moment which probaly does not help.

Any other ideas before I go mad and clean all the door rubbers with vasaline or ??

Richard

Yep, my car did this all last summer - took it to Audi a couple of times but they didn't really find the cause. It stopped in Winter but now it's back! Extremely annoying.

Another thread on here said to rub black crayon ( kids crayon ) on the felt strip along the top of the door. I haven't tried this but did wash the felt strip with water last time I washed the car and the noise seems to have stopped. Will probably come back when the felt dries out though.

Someone else suggested some grease you can get from BMW - search for 'door creak' there are loads of threads about it!

I can't believe the dealers don't have a resolution in the system for this, it seems a lot of people get it and it's very noticeable if driving without the radio on.

A tadge of silicon spray on a cloth and then on the rubbers seems to help. I also use silicon on my window guides.

LOL looks like will have to wash the car and give doors seals a good going over then again !

Richard