S3 1999 Pre FaceLift

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi there all ,

i am looking at getting a s3 and wondered if i buy a 1999 model am i missing out alot on the facelift model ? . I was looking at audi 1.8 T but i have always wanted a s3 so i am now on the search :wacko:

Any answers would be nice

You need to post in the 8L forum mate.
I dont think so Staz.

He's asking whether anyone whos had both, can compare the 8L & 8P for him...

I reckon he's posted in the right place.

Sorry S3mad, ive not driven an 8L, all I know is the 8L has a strong following, some saying that the 8P is the poor relation, all I know is I love the 8P :wub:

some saying that the 8P is the poor relation

Whoever says that is a complete nutter, I still own both the 8L and 8P S3 and i've been driving the 8L around for the past week whilst my 8P is in the bodyshop having some work done.

As soon as it's out i'm going to sell the 8L....the car does absolutely nothing at all for me anymore, I know it's an unfair comparison to make to a car 6 years younger but the 8L really is a much poorer car in comparison to the 8P in terms of performance, build quality...the works.

Looking forward to replacing it with something uber old and uber fast :laugh:

To answer your question anyway, you're missing out on a different centre console, different front and rear lights, slightly different engine (although i'd doubt it would make any difference) steering wheel and other minor things.

I dont think so Staz.

He's asking whether anyone whos had both, can compare the 8L & 8P for him...

I reckon he's posted in the right place.

No mate he's asking about a pre and post facelift 8L.

The reference to a 1.8T suggests to me he's asking about 8L models only pre and post facelift.
Only one man can clear this up though ...

You are right

The reference to a 1.8T suggests to me he's asking about 8L models only pre and post facelift.
Only one man can clear this up though ...