What is my S3 worth?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22276
  • Start date
Audi have offered me 19.5k for my car, which is about right for trade, so I think as soon as I get back from the road trip I'll try to flog it for as much as possible, and if I can't shift it before the new plate comes out I'll just give it back to Audi.

So it's lost ver near a third of it's value in under a year, thought the S3 was supposed to have superior residuals to the rest of the A3 range and other competition. :ohmy:

Maybe better to sit in it another year before you move on...

So it's lost ver near a third of it's value in under a year, thought the S3 was supposed to have superior residuals to the rest of the A3 range and other competition. :ohmy:

Maybe better to sit in it another year before you move on...

Tell me about it, it's savage! I think the state of the economy isn't helping.

The sensible thing to do would be to hold on to it for another year or two (and I still might), but I really want the Noble!!

11095-2007-Noble-M400.jpg

Couldn't be bothered to read all posts.

Glasses says £20300 for a top condition private sale.

Sounds about right, as leon says, with my spec I might be able to squeeze another g or two out.

I doubt it. Spec makes next to fek all difference, just makes it more saleable.

If I was buying an S3 right now I'd pay a little extra for one with buckets/fbsw and sprint blue paint, but we'll see how it goes when I put it up. You're probably right though.

The Nobles have dropped a fair amount too, so it's all good.

Just got shot of mine to Audi last month and was given 21.5k against a new one, spec as below minus the RNS-E, bluetooth and flat bottom wheel which I took out.

It had 17k on the clock and was a 56 plate 07 reg

Just got shot of mine to Audi last month and was given 21.5k against a new one, spec as below minus the RNS-E, bluetooth and flat bottom wheel which I took out.

It had 17k on the clock and was a 56 plate 07 reg

That's a really good price, but it was against the new one which I guess is why, unfortunately Audi don't sell M400s!

Tell me about it, it's savage! I think the state of the economy isn't helping.

The sensible thing to do would be to hold on to it for another year or two (and I still might), but I really want the Noble!!

Yes things are really bad and the further up the chain you go the worse it gets.

Even popular (supposed good demand) cars are hurting just take for example 520d sport last year trade in was £1,250 more than on the same car (age for age i.e. at 6mths old) with more spec just now.

The dealers are just wanting more in a car now as they expect them to sit longer so they need to protect themselves.

But as you say the noble should have fell as much or more so it's all good.

LOL!!!! The response ive had has been crap at £24350, just dropped down to £23850, im probs gonna drop it some more after a couple of weeks if it doesnt sell!!!!!! Oh well, its gotta sell eventually.......hopefully before its worth jack all!!LOL!!!! Mines got the buckets and loads more aswell and it hasnt seemed to help much!

Hate to agree but all premium cars are being hit. I was lucky to own and just move on an M3 CSL, lost very little on it in 2.5 years motoring and 16k miles. Will never do that again.
Jux, Your car is a great spec, but it is the colour that ditracts. Many will like it, but selling on is a nightmare. I have spoken to a few Audi dealers whilst looking for an ibis white S3 and when i have asked about resale values with colours, they hate having the Orange cars, they have all had nightmares and low prices to shift them. I will continue to hold out for a white one.

Hate to agree but all premium cars are being hit. I was lucky to own and just move on an M3 CSL, lost very little on it in 2.5 years motoring and 16k miles. Will never do that again.
Jux, Your car is a great spec, but it is the colour that ditracts. Many will like it, but selling on is a nightmare. I have spoken to a few Audi dealers whilst looking for an ibis white S3 and when i have asked about resale values with colours, they hate having the Orange cars, they have all had nightmares and low prices to shift them. I will continue to hold out for a white one.

Good point ref. colour.

When youre buying used you tend to have criteria comprising `must haves` and `mustnt have`, especially when spending 20K +!

Solar orange has a very niche appeal so the market for selling these on used is very small indeed. Stating the obvious maybe, I know,

When I was looking my colours were sprint, black, Ibis, in that order, however at the right price Grey, Silver, Red were posibilities
BUT, even at a wacky low price I wouldnt have bought one in Solar or Yellow and I reckon that goes for most potential S3 punters IMO.

Good luck anyway.

Paul