Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: A3 Cabriolet

1st Gear

Status

A3 Cabriolet

Well having had on order since 3 March, I collected from my local dealer yesterday afternoon, it has been well worth the delay as I am so very very much pleased with it. Was a little conncerned as it was my second A3 but my first S-Line & having read loads of people moaning about the suspension I was wondering what I had left myself in for. Thought the suspension was softer than my daughters A3 S-Line, more like my last A3, although hers did not bother me, but then having had a Mk1 & Mk3 MX5 I am much used to a firm ride. Will post some pics next week when I return from a long weekend in Devon.
    A3 CABRIO S-Line 2.0 TDI DSG
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

2. # ADS
    ADS

jamiekip

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Is this the cabriolet you paid 34k for?.... I hope it's the best A3 you've ever driven my friend!!
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

1st Gear

Status
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

S3 (8P)

Status
    Enjoy.

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    I'm only messing, none of my business how much it was...As long as you're happy with it (which you are) thats all that matters!
    Be interested to know what the depreciation is though!
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

1st Gear

Status
    Was not offended

R8GGA

Status
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    I'm only messing, none of my business how much it was...As long as you're happy with it (which you are) thats all that matters!
    Be interested to know what the depreciation is though!
    Eye watering like it is on most new cars
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    As others have said hurry up and get some pics up
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

3rd Gear

Status
    What's the engine like ?

(Given it is the first appearance of the new common rail engine in the A3 platform)

***** rent boy

Status
    So you've had MX5's and now this? Ever owned a Suzuki Vitara?

1st Gear

Status
    Yes it is the first appearance of the new common rail engine. I found it very quiet & smooth & plenty mid range grunt, though will run it in for a while. Also felt that the whole car seemed to feel chunkier & more solid than other A3's I have been in. Interesting info from my Audi dealer, not sure how true but recons all new Audis will have one colour of wiring, black.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royjk View Post
    Yes it is the first appearance of the new common rail engine. I found it very quiet & smooth & plenty mid range grunt, though will run it in for a while. Also felt that the whole car seemed to feel chunkier & more solid than other A3's I have been in.....

1st Gear

Status
    No but I've driven lots of them

Neutral

Status
    woo hoo, finally got it then roy, but your well happy??

Now forget about this long weekend trip and get those pictures posted sharpish

even if it's just 1 to
    A3 cabriolet S-line,phantom black, leather/alcantara, bose,xenons + led drl's, rear park, light + rain pack, interior light pack

4th Gear

Status
    If you buy the 1.9TDI cab it's supposed to retain 60% after 3 years. Not bad, up there with mini depreciation!
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

Neutral

Status
    33k is a bit much for an A3.

Thought the 2.0tdi would be better residual wise than the 1.9tdi, if it is the old 1.9 v the new 2.0 know where my money would go.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am getting mine on Tuesday, so I shall give you my opinion then!
    TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Sport Coupe|Titanium Grey Leather/Alcantara Sport Seats|Comfort Pack

5th Gear

Status
    60% of 33k still means a large loss, i'd rather lose 60% on a 13k renault.

Get some pics up though!!
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined