A3 Cabriolet

royjk

Reaction score
Well having had on order since 3 March, I collected from my local dealer yesterday afternoon, it has been well worth the delay as I am so very very much pleased with it. Was a little conncerned as it was my second A3 but my first S-Line & having read loads of people moaning about the suspension I was wondering what I had left myself in for. Thought the suspension was softer than my daughters A3 S-Line, more like my last A3, although hers did not bother me, but then having had a Mk1 & Mk3 MX5 I am much used to a firm ride. Will post some pics next week when I return from a long weekend in Devon.:kissmyrings:

Is this the cabriolet you paid £34k for?.... I hope it's the best A3 you've ever driven my friend!!

I'm only messing, none of my business how much it was...As long as you're happy with it (which you are) thats all that matters!
Be interested to know what the depreciation is though!

What's the engine like ?

(Given it is the first appearance of the new common rail engine in the A3 platform)

So you've had MX5's and now this? Ever owned a Suzuki Vitara?

Yes it is the first appearance of the new common rail engine. I found it very quiet & smooth & plenty mid range grunt, though will run it in for a while. Also felt that the whole car seemed to feel chunkier & more solid than other A3's I have been in. Interesting info from my Audi dealer, not sure how true but recons all new Audis will have one colour of wiring, black.:kissmyrings:

Yes it is the first appearance of the new common rail engine. I found it very quiet & smooth & plenty mid range grunt, though will run it in for a while. Also felt that the whole car seemed to feel chunkier & more solid than other A3's I have been in.....

:thumbsup:

woo hoo, finally got it then roy, but your well happy??

Now forget about this long weekend trip and get those pictures posted sharpish :thumbsup:

even if it's just 1 to:hubbahubba:

If you buy the 1.9TDI cab it's supposed to retain 60% after 3 years. Not bad, up there with mini depreciation!

33k is a bit much for an A3.

Thought the 2.0tdi would be better residual wise than the 1.9tdi, if it is the old 1.9 v the new 2.0 know where my money would go.

60% of 33k still means a large loss, i'd rather lose 60% on a 13k renault.

Get some pics up though!!