S-line rear boot spoiler

JiSi

Reaction score
I am considering buying an S-line rear boot spoiler for my Sportback. Do any of you know how it is mounted? I have spoken with two Audi-dealerships, and neither of them knew for sure how it is mounted.

Some say the standard little spoiler is removed, the brakelight is moved over in the new spoiler and the spoiler is glued onto the car. Others say the S-line spoiler is glued onto the existing one?

As far as I can see, the existing spoiler is an integrated part of the boot and cannot be removed.

I hope some of you can shed some light on this for me.

Peace,

Jimmi

The "original spoiler" if you can call it that is all part of the tailgate. 2 Holes need to be drilled into this to allow for the s-line spoiler to slot into the top as far as i am aware the underside of the tailgate needs to be accessed so bolts can be screwed into the petruding parts that you just slotted in. Already attached to the new spoiler should be adhesive pads ready for it to adhease to the tailgate. I'm no mechanic, but I do have a ready painted spoiler infront of me ready to go on and thats how it looks to me.

The "original spoiler" if you can call it that is all part of the tailgate. 2 Holes need to be drilled into this to allow for the s-line spoiler to slot into the top as far as i am aware the underside of the tailgate needs to be accessed so bolts can be screwed into the petruding parts that you just slotted in. Already attached to the new spoiler should be adhesive pads ready for it to adhease to the tailgate. I'm no mechanic, but I do have a ready painted spoiler infront of me ready to go on and thats how it looks to me.

So you don't need a new break light for it?

No, there is a recess in the bottom part of the spoiler allowing the original brake light to peak through.

If you look at rear shots of s-lines/s3's you should see the spoiler underneath goes up and over the brakelight.

I've been talking to an Audi spareparts guy, and we cannot seem to find the correct one. He says the S-line spoiler only fits onto a specific S-line boot, and not onto a standard Sportback boot.

However, me mentioned this one which is part of the original Audi accessories:

rear_boot_spoiler.JPG

But I think it looks weird with the break light, as it is quite high. Can you take a picture of your spoiler, and do you know if it is actually an S-line spoiler og "just" and original Audi accessorie? Perhaps a part number if you have?

I cannot find any close-up pictures of S-line rear boot spoilers, as you mention.

Mine is a 3door hatch. Sport.

Mine has this backend

DSC00975.jpg

I'm not sure if the spoiler or fitment instructions are the same relating to a sportback.

I will take a pic of my spoiler when I get home.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-Sport...7257597QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

It the one Audi sell is part of the Votex kit, if If I remember correctly the sportback spoiler encorporates the brake light unlike the 3 door which has a cut out for the brake light.

See the below posts for info

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=49530 post 10

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=49530

3 door part no 8P0071640K9AX £145 RRP

Sportback part no 8P90716409AZ £200 RRP

I am not very fond of the Vortex tailgate spoiler, but it was nice to get a name to go with it :).

But I am curious about the one with the part no 8P4827933. However, if that one doesn't fit on a non-Sline Sportback then I will have to consider the Vortex model.

The part no I got from Audi was with a X in the end whereas the one you mention is with a Z in the end. Do you know what the difference is?

3 door part no 8P0071640K9AX £145 RRP

Sportback part no 8P90716409AZ £200 RRP

is that the code for the votex one? My ETKA doesnt recognise it. The 2 door code that I found is 8P3 860 943 or 8P4 827 933 for the 4 door.

kinda fancy one too.

is that the code for the votex one? My ETKA doesnt recognise it. The 2 door code that I found is 8P3 860 943 or 8P4 827 933 for the 4 door.

kinda fancy one too.

I got this code from Audi which is for the Sportback, and it is apparantly the Vortex model:
8P9 071 640 9AX

I am not very fond of the Vortex tailgate spoiler, but it was nice to get a name to go with it :).

But I am curious about the one with the part no 8P4827933. However, if that one doesn't fit on a non-Sline Sportback then I will have to consider the Vortex model.

The part no I got from Audi was with a X in the end whereas the one you mention is with a Z in the end. Do you know what the difference is?

Sorry its meant to be a X, my typing error

kinda fancy one too.

Try an X at the end
8P9 071 640 9AX

I got this code from Audi which is for the Sportback, and it is apparantly the Vortex model:
8P9 071 640 9AX

Thats the correct one

I recently bought the s-line wing from Stafford Audi for my 3-door 3.2 Sport. It is cut over the break light and comes with an adhesive strip round the edges. The Audi instructions state that a bonding kit is required to secure it to the car so I hope it sticks well!!

I checked ETKA which suggests that two M6 x 16mm bolts are required but the part only has two small recesses in it that aren't threaded, if they were there is no way you could drill the existing boot lid to match them.

Going to fit at the weekend.

MECHANIC69 my father in law had the same spolier from staffs audi and has just fitted it with the boding kit, you would never get it off, its like sh*t to a blanket, no drilling or bolts required just bonding!

cheers

Thanks 1wheelonly. Was half expecting to see it flying off down the road.

Do you really need to leave it for 24hrs after fitting before driving?

I recently bought the s-line wing from Stafford Audi for my 3-door 3.2 Sport. It is cut over the break light and comes with an adhesive strip round the edges. The Audi instructions state that a bonding kit is required to secure it to the car so I hope it sticks well!!

I checked ETKA which suggests that two M6 x 16mm bolts are required but the part only has two small recesses in it that aren't threaded, if they were there is no way you could drill the existing boot lid to match them.

Going to fit at the weekend.

price and pics before and after would be nice as its the s-line I fancy to finish of the rear better:rockwoot:

Thanks 1wheelonly. Was half expecting to see it flying off down the road.

Do you really need to leave it for 24hrs after fitting before driving?

he fitted his at about 5.00pm and left it till he went to work the next morning at 8.00am and its fine,i guess the longer the better mate.

good luck with it mate

Fitted spoiler this weekend

Before

Spoiler back from the paint shop.

Easy to fit clean-up all surfaces, apply bonding adhesive to spolier. Part comes with double sided tape. Its best to get someone to help position it on the car because once it touches the car its a ****** to re-position and you get bonding adhesive everywhere.

Finished job, looks sweet

Now for that lower s line valance..........

looking good, thanks for the pictures. I checked the ebay seller but he only has sportback ones at that time. I take it they are cheaper than the dealer?

i think mine is a vortex spoiler but at the bodyshop they said they can either drill it through or just stick it on and i didnt fancy having holes so they just stuck it on with some adhesive and it feels very very strong and i have done a good 130mph(on the private road):S and it has not been flung off.
IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

they do change the look of the car and i think makes all the difference.

lex

I spoke to Stafford Audi, as I also want the three door spoiler they were selling on Ebay.

They are waiting for stock from Germany and will relist as soon as it arrives, so keep an eye on Ebay.

rear spoiler makes a huuuge differnece looks wise, good effort guys, love it. much better.

thats weird, when i was looking for the spoiler stafford audi had them in stock for ages, unlucky. Don't get tempted by the spoilers from poland, they are not gen and are ***** quality. Maybe try you're local stealer if they are less then £150. happy hunting

Apparantly, the S-line roof spoiler for the non-S-line Sportback requires a new boot. So I ended up buying this roof spoiler from Oettinger through the Audi-dealership: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=54571

Is this just the sportback? On the old A3/S3 the tailgate was different part numbers but this was just because the s3 had holes in it. It was the same shape though. My tailgate looks like mechanic69's - same colour too :) so Im hoping it will fit just fine.

Is this just the sportback? On the old A3/S3 the tailgate was different part numbers but this was just because the s3 had holes in it. It was the same shape though. My tailgate looks like mechanic69's - same colour too :) so Im hoping it will fit just fine.

Yeah, that one is just for the Sportback.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-8P-RO...12|39:1|66:2|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

this look like the correct s-line one? Working out at £110 including delivery sounds ok if it is. Or is this the crappy Polish ones you are talking about?

I ordered what looked like the vortex front and back lower spoilers for 150 delivered from a very similar add from poland - 98% poistive feedback. I received cheap copy grp parts which i wouldn't stick on my car. When i complained the seller dissappeared and de-registered with ebay!!!!

They sound cheap because they are **** be very aware.

I ordered what looked like the vortex front and back lower spoilers for 150 delivered from a very similar add from poland - 98% poistive feedback. I received cheap copy grp parts which i wouldn't stick on my car. When i complained the seller dissappeared and de-registered with ebay!!!!

They sound cheap because they are **** be very aware.

I guess they claimed the parts were 100% genuine too. This guy started in January of this year. Will probably hold off till stafford have them back in.

If anybody is after the genuine Votex rear spoiler, Stafford Audi now have it back in stock (£160 delivered).

Ebay item no. is 380054655611.

did we decide what the difference between s-line and votex were? To me Mechanic69 and Lex's looks the same.