Badger5EM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

GSM Dash mount...

I'm coming across a vast number of A3s that have the GSM dash mount installed, I'm trying to avoid it as it's a bit of an eye sore but seems to be quite difficult...

How exactly does this work... is it bluetooth?
    What phones are compatible with it?
    Is there any point in having it if I plan to install the RNS-E?
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    The Audi phone kit always has a cradle attachment that you can fit cradles to to charge your phone and connect the external aerial up. I think it was in 2007 it became an option that if you specced the arm rest the cradle mount could be fitted in there. If you didnt spec the arm rest or the car was made before that was an option then you got stuck with the awful looking dash mount. Phone cradles are available for it but only for very old phones. The system is still bluetooth though and you can pair and use most bluetooth phones without the need for the cradle. The audi phone system intergates with the RNS-E brilliantly and is deffinately worth having both but try and get a car with the cradle in the arm rest.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Drive it like its hot!

Status
    If the cradle is on the dash, can it be easily removed or is it a case of it leaving massive holes etc??

C
    A3 170 TDi Quattro S-Line
    Misano Red - Armrest with GSM Phone Prep - iPod Connection - MFSW - Heated Front Seats - Rear Parking Sensors - RNS-E - Cruise Control

6th Gear

Status
    I've read that it leaves a 10p sized hole.

Drive it like its hot!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    I've read that it leaves a 10p sized hole.
    Yeah I just read that - good old Audi!

This is the point where GSM Prep becomes an undesirable option and retro fitting sounds like the way to go!! Unless the car is post 07 and has it in teh armrest. We will see

Cheers
    C
    A3 170 TDi Quattro S-Line
    Misano Red - Armrest with GSM Phone Prep - iPod Connection - MFSW - Heated Front Seats - Rear Parking Sensors - RNS-E - Cruise Control