how much money do u spend on petrol a week?

audi_driver

S LINE
Reaction score
I only use my car 3 times a week now and a 40 pound fill up lasts me up to 3 weeks! its amazing:arco:

how annoying.

drive 45 miles every day and a tank usually lasts about 8 working days (so just shy of two weeks and a weekend)

costs about £30 a week

Mine varies wildly but i'd say about £20 a week (commuting to work), nothing outrageous. I only have a 10 mile round trip to work but at weeknds i sometimes spend another tenner depending what i'm doing...

It varies for me. I only do short drives normally but then I have to do long drives to the UK and back every so often.

By the way fuel costs more in Germany and NL than in the UK. They're up to about 1.65 a litre for super plus, that's £1.31 according to XE.com.

About £70, 300 miles commuting a week. More if I actually go anywhere :ermm:

That's with V Power at 1.22 a litre

None... its a diesel!

Fill it up about once every 2 weeks so prob works out at about £30 a week

On average for me i spend about £60 a week, depending on the particular job im working on.

It varies for me. I only do short drives normally but then I have to do long drives to the UK and back every so often.

By the way fuel costs more in Germany and NL than in the UK. They're up to about 1.65 a litre for super plus, that's £1.31 according to XE.com.
I filled up on Saturday for €1.289 a litre!

Ouch.

I get through about £10 ave Diesel per week, unless I have a business trip, in which case it varies (but I do get 40ppm back on my expenses).

The MX-5 gets through a bit more, I'd say ave £15 per week, depending on what trips the Mrs makes.

Paul

About £140-160/week, but getting slightly more (about 350miles more) than Big Andy's 200miles per tank!

I normally put in £60 a week of V power petrol and that gets me about 360 miles, majority of my miles are motorway, and my DIS is now showing that the car is averaging 31.2mpg :applaus:

72 bastarding quid to fill my R32 up the other day.

Got a paltry 220 miles out of it.

So far have put £300 of the black stuff in the motor this month - yes I do a fair bit of travelling with work. Luckily I'll get most of that back when I claim for business mileage at the end of the month.

Im fortunate, i work offshore/overseas for 4-6 weeks at a time so only put in about 60 at a time that does me 10-14 days :arco:

I usuallly have about 3 visists a week to my local Shell, spending about £150 a week on Vpower which normally gets me from Bristol to Maidenhead (and back) twice a wek and Leeds (and back) once a week. About 850 miles. Fortunately mine is mainly business and I able to claim the majority back.
I get about an average 25mpg.

I spend about £80 a mth on fuel, i only use my car at weekends and do about 100miles each weekend if that.

Usually the car just sleeps in the garage as i walk to work or the missus drives me in if its raining or if i am late out of bed...............which is pretty much every morning.

Man. I got a diesel, £70 to fill her, and will do 3 tanks every 2 weeks. Got my 1.8T aswell, and will do a tank every 2 weeks on top (£60)

About £75 a week, that gets me about 520 miles from my new A4.

I didn't think that was too good compared to my old A3 2.0 TDI but having read some of the other posts I'm now a bit happier :yes:

its kinda frightening how much money we spend on petrol a year. Average person spends about 70 odd pound a week in this forum, times that by 4 then 12, thats 3360:sadlike:.

well I think it is cheap!!!

I would spend a lot more money if I had to use the public transportation, not to mention time and also inconvenience...

In my case £100 it comes cheaper in the end.

Pedro

The option of using public transport isn't there for me. To get a train to work would mean leaving home at 5am and making 3 changes to do a 52 mile trip.

So my fuel/car costs are well worth it to me as well.

Who given the choice would rather take public transport?

J.

very few I imagine!

Petrol/diesel is still too expensive though