Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    4th Gear

Status

does the rns e direction show on the DIS

hi i am looking into getting the rns e, when i had a A6 as a courtesy car few months back, the rns e map / direction also showed up on the DIS, is that possible with the A3?? or do i need to switch that function on with VAG.com?? or will that function come on soon as i install the RNS E?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Go into NAV mode and select "Settings". There will be an option called "Compass". Enable this and when you are not navigating anywhere there will be a compass on the DIS menu. The DIS will go Trip1>Trip2>Speedo>Compass>Menu

EDIT: Just realised you don't have the RNS-e yet. Once you have it you can do the above.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    Go into NAV mode and select "Settings". There will be an option called "Compass". Enable this and when you are not navigating anywhere there will be a compass on the DIS menu. The DIS will go Trip1>Trip2>Speedo>Compass>Menu

EDIT: Just realised you don't have the RNS-e yet. Once you have it you can do the above.
    i knew you would the answer, looking at your photo Fitted my FBMFSW the last one it looks like you have that map direction on the DIS, is that what you mean by "compass"? what i am looking for is what was in the A6 it gives you direction on the DIS, by the photos looks like you have that

6th Gear

Status
    That is the navigation direction, not a compass.

There is a compass option that is displayed on that same screen when the guidance is not active which just says N or S or NE or whatever direction you are travelling.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    hi i am looking into getting the rns e, when i had a A6 as a courtesy car few months back, the rns e map / direction also showed up on the DIS, is that possible with the A3?? or do i need to switch that function on with VAG.com?? or will that function come on soon as i install the RNS E?
    If you have DIS and retrofit the RNS-E, the instructions show up without any coding required (A3 only). The instructions only show up when navigating to a destination; if not, i.e. in any other mode, you get a compass and the current road name or number in the DIS display.

You can still access the fuel economy info too by pressing the button underneath the wiper stalk twice (I think this is marked "Mode"?). Then press it once again to go back to the nav instructions or the compass.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

4th Gear

Status
    oh thanks alot both of you, that clears it up, thanks once again