Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Electric Lumbar support S3

Is this worth having does it make the seat more comfortable?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    No mate.

Had it on my last one and never used it, waste of money in my opinion.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

likes his V6

Status
    Depends on your back really. I find that i adjust mine occasinally as it helps supprt my back depending whether i've been tense at the office or working hard at the gym. It also helps on long journeys almost acting like a massage

jamiekip
    Before getting my car I had an S-line for a weekend demo, then an S3 for an afternoon, neither had electric lumbar support and I could never quite get comfortbale - lower back was never quite comfortable.
    I specced it with mine, and have got it set right for me, but obviously never adjusted since then. So, get a test drive in one without elec lumbar, an extended drive if you can - if you get comfy - no need, if you can't it's a worthy addition!

S3 (8P)

Status
    Once you have set it you will never change it. So if the std seats already suit you then I wouldnt bother.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1000 View Post
    Is this worth having does it make the seat more comfortable?
    I'd say so. For me the seat needs a little more lumbar support, but as suggested already, drive one with and without if you can.

L60N
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    I'd say so. For me the seat needs a little more lumbar support, but as suggested already, drive one with and without if you can.
    It goes without sayin - You need to drive for a fair length of time to know whether no lumber is going to give you jip

5th Gear

Status
    personal opinion but I would say YES as I find the base backrest in the A3 soft. I missed it off my 3.2 ages ago and I have to say the S3 seat is much better. It is true that you probably wont change it but that doesnt make it not worth having..
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

3rd Gear

Status
    I've got it and i always spec it on my cars, because of my bad back - Works a treat for me.
    RS4 family wagon.....gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    Mate i've got it and didn't spec it, car was already built and it was and extra bit thrown in.

TBH i've used it a few times. Find it good on a long journey as i adjust it to help stretch/ support my back and change its position. Depends how comfy you find the standard seats etc.....
    2008 S3 in Ibis White

291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

1st Gear

Status
    I had it on an courtesy car and found it gave extra support that the drivers seat lacked.

Impressed enough with it that I've ordered it on my new S3
    S3 Sept 08 to.....
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport April 04 - May 08

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Guys think I will have it then

3rd Gear

Status
    depends how old you are or how bad your back is - im old but didn't spec it but now thinking like you - is it worth having - im going to see if my local audi has one and try it - it wont be a perfect test but I just add it anyway - may do the same for the load through option was thinking of colour coding the wing mirrors but I may keep them silver anyway

I did think about electric seats but every seat ive tried is frustratingly slow - sure memory seats are better but ill probably stick with manual unless someone can sell me the benefit other than sheer laziness

decisions decisions - so indecisive - lol on the same day I spent >7 times the amount on a new flat to rent out and spent about approx. 1/700th time deciding whether to buy it compared to a replacement or new car, crazy really - cars really do hit that emotional button

3rd Gear

Status
    is it me or are audi and other manufacturers missing a trick - seems that a lot of options you have to specify as part of the build and retro fit isn't possible. surely you should be able to buy any option after getting the car and to avoid people having a low spec just make retro fit a lot more expensive

ive read some comments that if you don't specify electric lumbar support you cant add it later as the electrics are different - crazy, what a missed sales opportunity

3rd Gear

Status
    think ill prob add, wonder if electric seats are worth having, then again when do we stop adding options, lol