S3 Alarm sensitivity

MacrosTheBlack

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wondered if anyone knew about how sensitive the alarm should be on the S3? I can give mine a full wash without setting it off. Is that normal?

Hmmm. I know it has an exterior and interior sensor, as you can disable them from the edge of the drivers door with a button press. Now personally I would quite like the alarm to go off it someones pouring liquid and wiping something all over the car! lol

Hmmm. I know it has an exterior and interior sensor, as you can disable them from the edge of the drivers door with a button press. Now personally I would quite like the alarm to go off it someones pouring liquid and wiping something all over the car! lol

Will never be that sensitive i'm afraid...will be like the alarms of yesteryear that went off if there was a slight breeze!

Well yes I agree, wouldn't want it so sensitive that people walking by in car park etc set it off. But I really think leaning/resting over the bonnet whilst rubbing a wash mitt all over windscreen and rest of the car should set it off! Otherwise what's the point of an exterior sensor? Might as well just have the interior one for actual breaks into the car.

Mine goes off when you wash the roof/windows with the pressure washer

Every time i wash it the alarm goes off, without fail. (that is with a power washer / pressure hose, whatever you wanna call it).

It aint so sensitive that if someone brushed up against it, it would go off right enough.