Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalex View Post
    Lots of people here seem to be trying to find reasons to dislike the new S3 - is it coincidence that many of them seem to own the current model? I've never seen that happen on a car forum, EVER!
    I disagree - all healthy debate.
    I think everyone on here would agree, the new S3 has lot's of pro's:
    Lower emissions - so lower tax band
    Better economy - though would love to see how the managed this.
    Better haldex
    Standard FBMFSW
    Standard arm rest
    Sportback version
    Better tail lights
    Better bonnet crease
    Slightly more flared arches (apparently)

Though, some changes, right now aren't quite so cool:
    Bigger wing mirrors
    Less aggressive bumper and front fog light inserts

Errr, that's a about it actually.....
    Anyway, I have the old one and am seriously considering upgrading mine early...... toying with another S3, but maybe sportback this time..... maybe...... though RS5 next year........ who knows!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Everyone on here seemed to hate the pre facelift S3 wheels when they first came out now they love them. Fail to see how the front bumper is worse IMO looks well more aggressive!

Suppose its takes a while to get used to change!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    Jamie

To get the better economy it is a revised up to date software map along with a flat underbody on the car which gets the better economy.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3 View Post
    Jamie

To get the better economy it is a revised up to date software map along with a flat underbody on the car which gets the better economy.
    I hope Audi continue to make strides in this area - BMW really have got the lead on taking standard car and adding the bits to deliver signifincantly better 'book figures' in order to get lower tax bands etc.

I far from hate the new facelift - quite fancy one (in fact can't wait to paw over yours!!!), but I do think some changes are just unexpected - wing mirrors for one - though as said, every car will prob have bigger mirrors soon (they must be worth a couple of MPG eh )

6th Gear

Status
    Only 6 weeks to wait now!!

jamiekip
    A bit you can't wait given your current run around

6th Gear

Status
    Exactly!

At least it saves me time on a morning though.......don't have to shower before leaving the house......the leak in the roof soaks me after its been raining when I turn a corner!

I'm counting the weeks down.....

jamiekip
    ha ha, an A3/S3 can be just as bad if you have the window open a touch.... the amount of times i've had a soaking!

6th Gear

Status
    True mine did that too, not through the interior light though lie what's happening at the minute!

Mellow Yellow

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiekip View Post
    ha ha, an A3/S3 can be just as bad if you have the window open a touch.... the amount of times i've had a soaking!
    left hand bend, drivers window open, in it comes off the roof...

..straight into the electric window 'basin' where it puddles and drains into the switches unless you're quick to wipe it. Nice design there Audi!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3 View Post
    Jamie

I wonder if it will be possible to buy the flat underbody parts and retro-fit them to a pre-facelift car?
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalex View Post
    Lots of people here seem to be trying to find reasons to dislike the new S3
    You can't mean my post - I gave 3 "likes" and 4 "dislikes" - that's a pretty balanced view surely ?

Those wheels just ARE too "Astra VXR" and the fins across the fogs weaken the nose. All opinions of course but if I was buying a facelift car I'd change those two things straightaway.

Just as I'll be changing the rear lights on my pre facelift car ASAP.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by golf View Post
    You lot do realise that every newly designed car will now have huge wing mirrors? It's the law I'm afraid. I was a big fan of the RS4's forked, sleek mirrors but now they'll be like the RS6 thanks to health and safety.
    did they ever think that with bigger mirrors its easier
    to whack pedestrians???

09' imola yellow S3...
    h&r spings, forge twintake, forge dv, frc software, autotech hpfp, 76mm dp + zorst, bbs ch 19's & defi boost gauge

jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by dbndude View Post
    did they ever think that with bigger mirrors its easier
    to whack pedestrians???
    They're probably bigger to accomodate the pedestrian airbags

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    S3 + SPORTBACK = NO!

Dame Edna lights and now big silver Shrek ears. Nice! NOT!

Do prefer the new wheels though, so there's one consolation...!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiekip View Post
    They're probably bigger to accomodate the pedestrian airbags
    valid point

09' imola yellow S3...
    h&r spings, forge twintake, forge dv, frc software, autotech hpfp, 76mm dp + zorst, bbs ch 19's & defi boost gauge

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post
    I wonder if it will be possible to buy the flat underbody parts and retro-fit them to a pre-facelift car?
    Dont think it will be as simple as that somehow...

Mellow Yellow

Status
    The pre-facelift has an almost flat underside thanks to the plastic cowling right under the length of the car. Do all models not have this?

Drive it like its hot!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband View Post
    The wing mirrors on these are HUGE! They almost compare to the Q7!
    I was about to say the same thing!! never noticed it before but they are massive. Bet he got bullied at school with such commets as "FA Cup Car"

C
    A3 170 TDi Quattro S-Line
    Misano Red - Armrest with GSM Phone Prep - iPod Connection - MFSW - Heated Front Seats - Rear Parking Sensors - RNS-E - Cruise Control

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12