what springs??

matt77

Reaction score
hello all, im quite new on here and new to audi ownership.
ive got a 3.2 quattro and it needs lowering, although when i got it 3 months ago i promised my missus i was gonna leave it alone.

i want to lower it about 40mm with using springs only as i want to keep some comfort, ive had coilovers before and they were harsh.

just after some feedback really and pics if possible of cars with similar setup, going for 18s soon aswell.

cheers matt.

different brand suggestions and suppliers would also help.
cheers.

H + R seem to be the best mate. Had them on my S3 and they were excellent.

matt77

You will have problems finding 40mm springs for the 3.2 as no one makes anything less than 30mm (I know I have checked every brand!). If you have the sport or sline then they are lower than standard anyway so it will not be the full 30mm. I have a 3.2 sport and put 30mm Eibach Pro springs on anf it only dropped about 10mm!!! If you want it 40mm lower you will need to get coilovers. I've just put V-Maxx coilovers on and it actually rides better than the Eibach Pro springs and standard shocks.

I hope this helps.

John.

I had H&R springs on my 3.2 sportback, IIRC they dropped the height around 35-40mm from the original sport height. Looked just right IMO. It sat slightly lower than S-line.
I would definately recommend them:thumbsup:

thanks for help and suggestions people, are the coilovers fairly soft then cos i had some on a 200sx and it felt like i had no suspension it was that hard.?