Black or chrome mirrors with Optics grill on Akoya A3

mattandrew

Reaction score
I have just bagged a set of folding mirrors from nigel, just need to work out the full closure (fold on lock) then I will be fitting them. I can decide if to fit the oem chrome mirror cases or glossy black to match the black optics. Any comments
Thanks to mdre83 for the photoshop

mirrorblack.jpg
mirrorchrome.jpg

SideBlack.jpg
SideChrome.jpg

Think the black is probably the better colour for your car Matt. I think the aluminum mirrors may get lost in the Akoya Silver. The black will stand out more.

Have you ever seen an Avus Silver S3? You can hardly see all the chrome\aluminium bits.

A Lamin-x headlight kit to go with them and you'll be sorted.

I agree mate, black would be the better option to blend in with the optics grille and the windows :thumbsup:

The Lamin-X headlight kit does look good too. You should upload the photoshop mate see what people think.

I thought you couldnt have closure on the mirrors???

No such word as cant!!! As you already know you dont have closure but as my A3 does have the wiring to the switch on the door me and nigel are working on a circuit to do full closure with one press of the remote (actually nigel is working on it for me)
I will keep you updated

Black gets my vote

However, I was arguing with myself to save you the hassle cos it matches the colour of your alloys (picture side on)

Nah...black will look better:yes:

Thanks for all the opinions guys & girls. I have got a spare set of mirror casings so got nothing to loose in getting them sprayed black and fitted, once I get the ****** car back from the stealers it been there 3weeks on saturday - dont ask :aggressive:

No such word as cant!!! As you already know you dont have closure but as my A3 does have the wiring to the switch on the door me and nigel are working on a circuit to do full closure with one press of the remote (actually nigel is working on it for me)
I will keep you updated
good stuff... :icon_thumright:

I'd have to go against the flow and say Brushed Aluminium for me..

C

I'd have to go against the flow and say Brushed Aluminium for me..

C

It isn't easy mate. I've been looking for a while now and still cant find the right one for me! :keule:

If you come across a Misano Red Sportback S-Line, 140/170 give me a shout :thumbsup: :respekt:

Anybody know if it is easy to replace your standard grill with the Black Optics ????

Or is it a body shop job ????

cheers

There are many, many threads on this very subject. Do a quick search and your prayers will be answered.

Although to answer your question...Unless you're practically minded get a pro to do it.

On the wing mirror topic i'd go chrome casing. Really don't think Black suits Akoya. I think you can end up fitting mods to be fashionable when they don't actually suit the car...Just my 10 cents!

From the front the black looks better from the side the silver ones (due to the non-matching wheels).

From the front the black looks better from the side the silver ones (due to the non-matching wheels).

Thats my thought also!

The black looks well from the front as it matches the optics but the chrome looks good from the side.

As i said before ive got a spare set of covers so I am going to get them sprayed black and see how they look.

Thanks for all the input

Guys me Matt are testing something, can someone PShop his wheels to darker colour & Laminx the lenses please, thanks

Finally got round to getting my spare set of mirrors painted, but now the gf has gone to the cinema in the A3. Suppose I am off out with the lads on her night of from work, oh well ill get them fitted tomorrow.

IMG_1168.jpg

THey look nice matt...Ordered some parts today the grill front bumper fog lights and flog lights grill...ordering the rest end of the month and booked into a garge the 10th of october...get a photo when you get them on:icon_thumright:

Fitted the mirrors this morning with a hangover, was only a 10 minute job. Look just like the photoshop ones above but now there the real ones.

Here one old & one new

IMG_1170.jpg

Both fitted

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

Might fit my lamin-x tomorrow