AutoVolks are they good people to deal with?

iModA3

A Yank in the UK internet web.
Reaction score
Website
www.mydubspace.com
This is my first post on the UK forum, as I am from the states. I am trying to order up some parts from a salvage yard in the UK and a place called Auto Volks in Solihull, United Kingdom has a few of the bits I need. I was hopeful that some of you all could point a fellow Audi-brutha in the right direction. Any feedback good or bad on these AutoVolks? Thank you in Advance for any pearls of wisdom!

Hey welcome matey!
Never delt with AutoVolks so cant help you there. Sorry!

But... Whats parts are you after for your A3??? Am sure people will be able to help!

Any photos of your car?

You need Nilz or Jojo on the case... he's in Solihull. So is... urm... MattySupra

:sign_welcome:

Nilz to the rescue!!

Hey mate, i have only heard good things about these guys to be honest, they are a small little place but are really good when it comes to parts etc...

So hopefully you should not have any probs with them :)

Hope that helps

Sanburn are also very good, Local as well (to me) lol...Coventry way

LOL...not me :blush:, used to go there often when i had the golfs, but so far havent had the need

... so you guys have no idea how lucky you are to have the A3 quattro 2.0TFSI MT6 cars available to you. In the states we can only get 2.0TFSI in FWD, which is painful in terms of power loss as the wheels hop around searching for traction on hard off the line starts. 2009 we will get the quattro version but only in DSG, and I HAVE TO ROW or I'll go crazy.

So I am 100% committed to doing the all wheel drive conversion for this car. Otherwise I will be limited to maybe 400BHP because anything over that is just plain silly and unmanageable. So I need to get a 4-motion 2.0T GTI or A3 Quattro 2.0T entire rear-end and tranny as well as the center propshaft and some other bits to get this sorted. Thats what I am working on. So if any of you folks would be down to help me sort this by helping me locate a respectable scrappy, I'd be eternally grateful. I contacted a courier in London who quoted me an obscene figure for shipping everything over.

Is there a better courier who normally does car parts that will ship to the states? This dude quoted me nearly $1000- USD just in crating and shipping charges!

Help me out my UK brothas!

Thanks-
Jason (oh yeah, here she is....)
VOF-iModA3Rollin.jpg

VOF-Valley.jpg

nice shots, is that a quad tailpipe setup you got there??

You get any quotes from London your gonna be paying for more. Everything is x2 in cost ;)

Main UK couriers are DPD/Interlink, Parcelforce, DHL, UPS, TNT, CityLink probably if that helps.

Thanks for the ups on it. I didn't realize that they'd be so expensive in the city of London. I'll have a look around and get some bids that are closer in geographical terms to wherever the parts are. This is what I was quoted in USD:

Wooden Crate: $236- (custom built)
UK to USA freight: $958-
Airline charges: $134-
Fuel surcharges: $302.27

Does that look right to any of you guys?