Fuel pump replacement

sakkie69

2008 Audi S3
Reaction score
Is there somewhere a bulletin or link to the different fuelpumps on the S3s? I have the "old" fuelpump on my car (apparantly) and want to take the car to Audi to replace it, can I just ask that they put the new revision in due to upgraded one being out, is there a recall out or does it actually have to fail first? Any one got the fuelpump numbers as well (which models are old, new etc)

I didnt know there was an 'old' and 'new' fuel pump. But.....

If you pay them, they'll do whatever you ask.

If you want them to replace it for free, it'll will either need to have failed and be covered by warranty, and theres no guarantee they wont just replace it with another 'old' one. Or there will need to be some sort of recall out for it (which there isnt).

Why do you want it replacing?

The new fuel pump is supposedly an H model, was fitted from middle of 2007 onwards or so according to dealer. The earlier fuelpumps have delivery issues in midrange, hence why so many chipped people have the Autotech pump. The new pump from VW/Audi addresses the issue and also stops some failure that occured in some cars.

The new fuel pump is supposedly an H model, was fitted from middle of 2007 onwards or so according to dealer. The earlier fuelpumps have delivery issues in midrange, hence why so many chipped people have the Autotech pump. The new pump from VW/Audi addresses the issue and also stops some failure that occured in some cars.

I took the liberty of having my internals upgraded in my fuel pump to the Autotech internals. In order for Audi to actually upgrade your pump from H to the newer J revision, your car will need to throw a consistent low fuel pressure code on VAS. Has your car been remapped yet?

I got told to check my fuel pump first because they were having issues with some cars with the older pump.

Who did the upgrade for you on the pump?

I got told to check my fuel pump first because they were having issues with some cars with the older pump.

Who did the upgrade for you on the pump?

What software are you planning on remapping your car with? If its GIAC then I'm betting you are going to have an issue. I purchased the bits from FRC and they arranged for my local Audi dealership to have it installed.

Interesting. So does having the new H revision pump give you the same as having the Autotech internals?

I'd be interested in knowing this too, as I was going to upgrade the pump but if there is no need I wont!

Is there a part number on the pump somewhere?

Interesting. So does having the new H revision pump give you the same as having the Autotech internals?

You mean J. Not too sure mate but I do know the H pump has been superceded to the J pump. A mate of mine had the low pressure fuel code and had his replaced with the J pump...he also did the Autotech internal upgrade to the J pump.

Interesting thread!
Will be speaking to my dealer about this...

I'd be interested in knowing this too, as I was going to upgrade the pump but if there is no need I wont!

Is there a part number on the pump somewhere?

Abit difficult to get to the part number mate, best check your VIN number and call your dealers parts dept, they should be able to give you the part number if you provide them with your VIN.The last letter on your pump part number should be either a H or J...obviously depending on which one your car has.

Is there an easy/quick way to check what revision you got by the way? Just to confirm if the dealership did swop it out I can verify it myself without having to run to the tuner first.

Is there an easy/quick way to check what revision you got by the way? Just to confirm if the dealership did swop it out I can verify it myself without having to run to the tuner first.

Easiest is to do what I posted earlier. Call your dealer Parts dept and give them your VIN number. With that they should be able to tell you what parts are in your car.

This is how the old pump looks like,its just under the engine cover when you remove it

Hochdruckpumpe1.jpg

Hochdruckpumpe.jpg

Hochdruckpumpe2.jpg