EM TuningBadger5
    2008 Audi S3

Status

Fuel pump replacement

Is there somewhere a bulletin or link to the different fuelpumps on the S3s? I have the "old" fuelpump on my car (apparantly) and want to take the car to Audi to replace it, can I just ask that they put the new revision in due to upgraded one being out, is there a recall out or does it actually have to fail first? Any one got the fuelpump numbers as well (which models are old, new etc)

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I didnt know there was an 'old' and 'new' fuel pump. But.....

If you pay them, they'll do whatever you ask.

If you want them to replace it for free, it'll will either need to have failed and be covered by warranty, and theres no guarantee they wont just replace it with another 'old' one. Or there will need to be some sort of recall out for it (which there isnt).

Why do you want it replacing?
    Last edited by julians; 15th July 2008 at 22:57.

2008 Audi S3

Status
    The new fuel pump is supposedly an H model, was fitted from middle of 2007 onwards or so according to dealer. The earlier fuelpumps have delivery issues in midrange, hence why so many chipped people have the Autotech pump. The new pump from VW/Audi addresses the issue and also stops some failure that occured in some cars.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sakkie69 View Post
    The new fuel pump is supposedly an H model, was fitted from middle of 2007 onwards or so according to dealer. The earlier fuelpumps have delivery issues in midrange, hence why so many chipped people have the Autotech pump. The new pump from VW/Audi addresses the issue and also stops some failure that occured in some cars.
    I took the liberty of having my internals upgraded in my fuel pump to the Autotech internals. In order for Audi to actually upgrade your pump from H to the newer J revision, your car will need to throw a consistent low fuel pressure code on VAS. Has your car been remapped yet?
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2008 Audi S3

Status
    I got told to check my fuel pump first because they were having issues with some cars with the older pump.

Who did the upgrade for you on the pump?

3rd Gear

Status
    I got told to check my fuel pump first because they were having issues with some cars with the older pump.

Who did the upgrade for you on the pump?
    What software are you planning on remapping your car with? If its GIAC then I'm betting you are going to have an issue. I purchased the bits from FRC and they arranged for my local Audi dealership to have it installed.
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

Neutral

Status
    Interesting. So does having the new H revision pump give you the same as having the Autotech internals?
    2009 Audi TT-S - Ice Silver - S-Tronic

mike

Status
    I'd be interested in knowing this too, as I was going to upgrade the pump but if there is no need I wont!

Is there a part number on the pump somewhere?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gtijames View Post
    Interesting. So does having the new H revision pump give you the same as having the Autotech internals?
    You mean J. Not too sure mate but I do know the H pump has been superceded to the J pump. A mate of mine had the low pressure fuel code and had his replaced with the J pump...he also did the Autotech internal upgrade to the J pump.

jamiekip
    Interesting thread!
    Will be speaking to my dealer about this...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by maxS3uk View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing this too, as I was going to upgrade the pump but if there is no need I wont!

Is there a part number on the pump somewhere?
    Abit difficult to get to the part number mate, best check your VIN number and call your dealers parts dept, they should be able to give you the part number if you provide them with your VIN.The last letter on your pump part number should be either a H or J...obviously depending on which one your car has.

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Is there an easy/quick way to check what revision you got by the way? Just to confirm if the dealership did swop it out I can verify it myself without having to run to the tuner first.

3rd Gear

Status
    Is there an easy/quick way to check what revision you got by the way? Just to confirm if the dealership did swop it out I can verify it myself without having to run to the tuner first.
    Easiest is to do what I posted earlier. Call your dealer Parts dept and give them your VIN number. With that they should be able to tell you what parts are in your car.

1st Gear

Status
    This is how the old pump looks like,its just under the engine cover when you remove it

Audi RS3 2012, Black, Black optik, Recaro, Satnav