What Intake?

S3 SAF

Reaction score
Hi guys my cars has a REVO remap and was wondering what would be the best intake for me?
:icon_thumright:

Or, if you want something a little more discreet, Carbonio intake, with a better panel filter (BMC) will improve mid range response, but will NOT offer as good gains at the top end as the others.

Cheers guys... was actually interested in the FORGE but was wondering what it was like for sound? is it noisy or not noticable?
cheers

oh and any pics would be most appretiated...:icon_thumright:

Hi mate,here's a pic of the Forge i've just installed
Devon2008040-1.jpg

Pros: you get more blow off sound from the DV,you can hear the engine breathe better,performance definitely up!,made of polished aluminium,so it deflects the heat better.
Cons: like all induction kits of this type you lose the OE engine cover...aftermarket ones are available,or you can mod the original,awkward to fit/service the air filter as it sits behind the fog grill.

Notice that the heatshield isn't fitted...i'm just waiting for a 12point 24mm socket to undo the plastic engine cover mounts,then i'll get round to it!

I love it though....:icon_thumright:

that looks amazing...:hubbahubba: FORGE her i come...:superman:

Rabbit - is that the Forge DV you can hear on the upshift ? I like that.

I've had the Revo for a year now on my S3 and 37,000 miles still loving the car and the performance but I like the idea of helping it to breath better.

Mine is a company car so i can't mess around too much with it by putting on things like the Carbonio intake, is there any value in just changing the panel filter of is that just a waste of money?

the messing around bit is fitting the panel filter. You can have the carbonfibre bit of the Carbonio on and off in a couple of minutes

the messing around bit is fitting the panel filter. You can have the carbonfibre bit of the Carbonio on and off in a couple of minutes

Apologies for the confusion, by messing about i mean, I don't want someone to lift the bonnet and say "why isn't this car standard" ie mods need to be stealth.

Hey S3-Nick i see you have vagcheck remap, how is it? and what kind of power are you pushing?
cheers

Hey S3-Nick i see you have vagcheck remap, how is it? and what kind of power are you pushing?
cheers

It's wicked, I can't recommend it and Vagcheck enough. I made 307.5bhp & 328lbft (and a great looking dyno plot on dyno dynamics rollers) with just a conservative remap. I now have the milltek turboback and vagcom is suggesting over 330bhp and significant torque increases. I have a carbonio to fit and the remap will be tweaked again then it will be going back on the RR. :thumbsup:

hey Rabbit222 forgot to mention your car sounds sweet...:thumbsup:

yes i did im getting the forge CAI and also getting the TB milltek just waiting on a price... i was also gong to get a Forge DV but ive read there are problems and no gains. whats your view on this?