Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: What Intake?

2nd Gear

Status

What Intake?

Hi guys my cars has a REVO remap and was wondering what would be the best intake for me?

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Dbilas or EVoms air intake are the general recommendations.

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Forge Intake.

jamiekip
    Or, if you want something a little more discreet, Carbonio intake, with a better panel filter (BMC) will improve mid range response, but will NOT offer as good gains at the top end as the others.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers guys... was actually interested in the FORGE but was wondering what it was like for sound? is it noisy or not noticable?
    cheers

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

2nd Gear

Status
    oh and any pics would be most appretiated...

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Hi mate,here's a pic of the Forge i've just installed

Pros: you get more blow off sound from the DV,you can hear the engine breathe better,performance definitely up!,made of polished aluminium,so it deflects the heat better.
    Cons: like all induction kits of this type you lose the OE engine cover...aftermarket ones are available,or you can mod the original,awkward to fit/service the air filter as it sits behind the fog grill.

Notice that the heatshield isn't fitted...i'm just waiting for a 12point 24mm socket to undo the plastic engine cover mounts,then i'll get round to it!

I love it though....

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

2nd Gear

Status
    that looks amazing... FORGE her i come...

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi, welcome to the REVO brigade I have REVO, Milltek sport zorst as well as the Forge intake amongst others. You won't make a mistake with the Forge intake. Have a listen to the intake in the video of my car....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh7eD_DIV6o
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

5th Gear

Status
    Rabbit - is that the Forge DV you can hear on the upshift ? I like that.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

On Boost

Status
    Sounds like a ghost train

p

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Sounds like a ghost train

p
    Or a "phantom" train ?
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

1st Gear

Status
    I've had the Revo for a year now on my S3 and 37,000 miles still loving the car and the performance but I like the idea of helping it to breath better.

Mine is a company car so i can't mess around too much with it by putting on things like the Carbonio intake, is there any value in just changing the panel filter of is that just a waste of money?
    S3 Sprint Blue - Auto lights & wipers,Rear parking sensors and Sunroof. Revo remap. Pioneer +JL + Focal ICE upgrade.

?

Status
    the messing around bit is fitting the panel filter. You can have the carbonfibre bit of the Carbonio on and off in a couple of minutes
    Phantom Black B7 S4 + Milltek

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-Nick View Post
    the messing around bit is fitting the panel filter. You can have the carbonfibre bit of the Carbonio on and off in a couple of minutes
    Apologies for the confusion, by messing about i mean, I don't want someone to lift the bonnet and say "why isn't this car standard" ie mods need to be stealth.
    S3 Sprint Blue - Auto lights & wipers,Rear parking sensors and Sunroof. Revo remap. Pioneer +JL + Focal ICE upgrade.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hey S3-Nick i see you have vagcheck remap, how is it? and what kind of power are you pushing?
    cheers

?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 SAF View Post
    Hey S3-Nick i see you have vagcheck remap, how is it? and what kind of power are you pushing?
    cheers
    It's wicked, I can't recommend it and Vagcheck enough. I made 307.5bhp & 328lbft (and a great looking dyno plot on dyno dynamics rollers) with just a conservative remap. I now have the milltek turboback and vagcom is suggesting over 330bhp and significant torque increases. I have a carbonio to fit and the remap will be tweaked again then it will be going back on the RR.
    Phantom Black B7 S4 + Milltek

2nd Gear

Status
    hey Rabbit222 forgot to mention your car sounds sweet...

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks mate. Did you eventually settle on an intake yet?
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2nd Gear

Status
    yes i did im getting the forge CAI and also getting the TB milltek just waiting on a price... i was also gong to get a Forge DV but ive read there are problems and no gains. whats your view on this?