EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

About to start the retrofitting of the interior light pack......but.......

i could do with the part number of the 'repair wire' which people use to connect to the electrical block under the steering column.

I have bought all the lights etc to do the work so i just need the wire, i was hoping to be able to find something at work to do the job but failed...............

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Is this an easy job to do? Do you perhaps have a DIY as well as part numbers for the interior light pack?
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    Is this an easy job to do? Do you perhaps have a DIY as well as part numbers for the interior light pack?
    It's basically putting a light in each footwell in the 2-door cars, it's easy to put in. You can also replace the roof light unit (plug and play) to give some additional lights.

The additional lights package is a bit harder to do (puddle lights, lights in doors, etc).

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sakkie69 View Post
    It's basically putting a light in each footwell in the 2-door cars, it's easy to put in. You can also replace the roof light unit (plug and play) to give some additional lights
    I'm keen on that You have any part numbers and a DIY?
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
    i could do with the part number of the 'repair wire' which people use to connect to the electrical block under the steering column.

I have bought all the lights etc to do the work so i just need the wire, i was hoping to be able to find something at work to do the job but failed...............
    I've just retrofitted the Aux in connection to my RNS-E and used the the following part number for the repair wire (thanks to MarcQ)

000 979 009

Should be about 1 from your local dealer.
    Jon

Now A3 less......

6th Gear

Status
    There are numerous repair wires of all shapes and sizes.

Here's the DIY for the footwell lighting: http://forums.fourtitude.com/zeropos...how&id=2536694

looks like you need 2 of 000 979 133 and one of 000 979 131.

There is also a hole under the front seats to install lights under them. All part numbers are in the DIY guide.

6th Gear

Status
    I'll be retrofitting the following this weekend

Puddle Lights (underneath the door cards)
    Foot well lights
    Red Warning light (end of the door card)

I'll do a DIY thing on it whilst i am doing it so i will post it on here.

I have some spare lights (white footwell and puddle lights) which i got from Audi so if anyone wants any then let me know or else i'll put them on ebay. They were 7ish from Audi.

2008 Audi S3

Status
    You got part numbers for the puddle lights? Or are they same as the footlights?

6th Gear

Status
    they are the same as the footwell lights

6th Gear

Status
    Does anyone know if i can feed all 6 lights from the single pin coming from that electrical block?

6th Gear

Status
    That's what it seems to be suggesting.

Did you read the bit where it said you should use some sort of shielded housing for under the seats to prevent them from catching fire? It recommends using boot light housing for under the seats.

6th Gear

Status
    I have got the wiring diagram for the interior lighting pack and the door puddle lights and warning lights run off a different pin, they don't all feed from one single pin. I think i'll do it properly and feed them off the correct pins rather than just one.

Yeah i read about the sheild, i have got myself some lights which have a backing plate on them.

6th Gear

Status
    Right after a bit of investigation the whole job seems quite straight forward.

If i were to get 'kits' made up for this modification would anyone be interested? The 'kit' will contain the following:

Instructions
    All the lights (puddle, footwell, red warning)
    All the wiring cut to the correct lengths including the plugs to the electrical block and lights.

so basically it would be a pretty much plug and play (having removed interior trim etc) apart from having the function turned on via vag-com.

The S Factor

Status
    Looks a rather interesting mod. Anyone have a pic of an A3/S3 with puddle lights? Most cars I know have them on the side mirrors but it seems the A3/S3 has them on the doors. Would love to see what this looks like

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Just imagine lights in the door, at the bottom of the black plastic.