Badger5Sky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White S3

1st Gear

Status

White S3

Thinking of buying a new S3 in white how hard is it to keep clean also I shall probably keep for at least 6 to 7 years how do you think it will keep...or should I play safe with silver?

2. # ADS
    ADS

L60N
    White stays clean for approximately 1 day, unless its raining, then it can be anything up to 30mins LoL

But its worth it

Status

they look the danglies though when clean

3rd Gear

Status
    Who cares when it looks like this;

After my last 3 cars being black, white is easy to keep clean (for my valeter at least), especially with the dark wheels, even when its dirty it looks clean
    www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk VW California hire and sales

1st Gear

Status
    S3 does really look good in White I have a black car already for 9 years so need a change of colour........just wondered how the car would look in years to come also wondered if metallic was better quality paint that the solid colour for stone chips or no difference?

its going to be white or silver for me if white I shall add the saving of the paint on a sunroof (-:

windsurfer

Status
    Get a Sprint Blue or a Red one... White or Black get dirty really quickly.

For my the S3 looks good in any colour... I chose Black and when clean is is great I like the contrast of black and alluminium mirrors...class! Silver is the only colour I am not to keen... but will look fine in any colour... even orange if that is your cup of tea...

Again.... if I was to order my S3 again I would probably go for Misano Red (is not available now...)

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Does look great in white I admit but if I was planning on keeping a car for 6-7 years I wouldn't go for it. It's a fashionable hue at the moment and the one thing you can guarantee with fashion is it will change.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy? View Post
    Does look great in white I admit but if I was planning on keeping a car for 6-7 years I wouldn't go for it. It's a fashionable hue at the moment and the one thing you can guarantee with fashion is it will change.
    That was my thinking if I was only keeping for a few years I would go for it think may play safe & go silver as I said already had a black car for 9 years so fancy a change...cant get much safer than silver or black for the longer term !

6th Gear

Status
    For the above reasons that is why I did not order white on my new facelift.

Give it a few years and it wont be that good a colour and when it comes to trade in time....."sorry sir but I can't give you top book price as it is a hard colour to sell on etc...."
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post

Common

p

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3 View Post

Give it a few years and it wont be that good a colour and when it comes to trade in time....."sorry sir but I can't give you top book price as it is a hard colour to sell on etc...."
    What colour out of interest have gone for?

1st Gear

Status

What spec you gone for on your new one? Any pics of your current silver one ?
    Last edited by Dave1000; 13th July 2008 at 13:15.

6th Gear

Status
    Ive gone for Sprint Blue on the new one.

There should be some pics on some of my previous posts, i'll have a hunt about.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    Sprint Blue
    Black Interior
    Piano Black Inserts
    Bucket Seats (1st Aid Kit and Through Load system comes with this)
    Flat Bottom Multi Function Steering Wheel (standard now)
    Front Armrest (also standard now)
    Flat Tyre Warning Indicator
    Parking System Plus
    BOSE
    Cruise Control
    Interior Light Package
    Rain and Light Sensor Pack
    IPOD Dock
    Adaptive Lights

I'm retrofitting my RNS-E and bluetooth I currently have in my S3.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers I love the bucket seats but out of my price range cant really justify extra 1600 for them my car is also more of a weekend car I only do around 4000 miles a year, I assume you gone for the blue as you fancy a change too after having silver.

Any must have options you think I should have that your found good?

Thanks in advance

6th Gear

Status
    Yes bit of a change of colour.

This will be my 4th S3, I had 2 of the old 8L versions one in red and the other in dolphin grey so thought I would have a change.

I would definately spec

Rain and light sensor pack, Interior light pack, Piano black inserts (makes the interior look more classy IMO) and flat tyre warning indicator (why not at only 45!).

1st Gear

Status
    Never thought of piano black inserts notice you have them on your current & new one on order they are a no cost option arent they....any piccies of the inside of yours ...sorry to be a pain I am placing my order tomorrow just want to try & get everything I can sorted

My spec so far is

Ice Silver
    Standard black embossed sport seats (May change to two tone )
    Interior Light Pack
    Black head lining
    Rain & Light Sensor Pack
    Bose

possible additions now :-

Flat tyre warning indicator
    piano black inserts
    Symphony II radio 6 CD system

6th Gear

Status
    I'll have a hunt for a interior pic from the dealer when I picked it up, it wont show any upgrades I have done.

The piano black is a no cost option and gives the interior something to set it apart from other A3's.

I would poss suggest not upgrading the radio if you are ever going to retro fit the sat nav unit at some point as it will be a waste of money.

6th Gear

Status
    Some silver S3 pics here, not my car but you can see the colour well.

New car finish

6th Gear

Status
    This is the only interior one I have which I took when I was picking it up, you can see the piano black round the gear lever and it also looks nice on the doors too.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1000 View Post

possible additions now :-

Flat tyre warning indicator
    piano black inserts
    Symphony II radio 6 CD system

I would go for the Symphony II especially with having the Bose, gives you more sound adjustment and obviously 6 cd option.

Good Luck !!

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers Guys....I did wonder what other benefits the symphony II may bring

2nd Gear

Status
    Dave1000,
    look into my eyes - 'White is far too common and you should not buy it'!

As for keeping clean, if you want it looking mint all the time then its hardish work. Although i leave mine for a week and it still looks good from a distance or up close ish, you mainly notice the rims are dirty. You only really notice it when you start washing off the dust and grim and the pure white shines through. I dirve mine daily to work and also travel up and down between London & Liverpool.

Spent all day yesterday cleaning her, fitted my 12mm spacers to the rear, fitted my Phantom black wings mirrors and it looks the danglies!

Had 2 very nice young ladies walk past my house this morning whilst i was polishing the glass, stop and tell me how sexy my car was! giggle naughtly, glance over the top if their sunglasses in a seductive way and then walk off! And keep looking back!

I'm no model so i know it was all the cars doing!

After all the above, don't get it in white, horrible.

I'm sure L6ON, Kontraband & Jonnyc will back me up.

(PS - If your only doing 4000 miles a year it won't even get dirty! If it rains, leave it in the garage!)

The above only counts though if you haven't been off road rallying all week!
    2008 S3 in Ibis White

291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

1st Gear

Status
    <LOL> I have no doubt white does look good I am thinking more what it may look like in 5+ years to come I will be keeping for a fair while white may look fantastic now later on in life may look like a old white van.

If I was selling in 3 years or less white it would be for sure but I have seen some older cars/van in white look awful after time.

Now should I go for the all black leather or two tone...far too skint for the buckets :-(

Third Gear

Status
    <LOL> Now should I go for the all black leather or two tone...far too skint for the buckets :-(

Black all the way for me.

Mark
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Did wonder whether the two tone would get more grubby looking I am not that keen on the embossed leather wonder why they dont just sell all black without that

3rd Gear

Status
    White isn't a fashion colour, it been back for two years or so now, and looking at al the cars sales brochures this year, its here to stay - fashion colours are orange, yellow, etc - theyv'e all come and gone, white gives a car a classy look, but it does only work on top end models. I keep see 318 BMW's and a3 1.6's and it just doesn't work.

Re-garding re-sale values, who care's three years down the line if its worth 500 pound less, I buy my cars for me, not for re-sale, but saying that I do think I always make a good choice on paint and leather colour - All my cars seem to sell relatively quickly

Just my tuppence on the subject
    www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk VW California hire and sales

1st Gear

Status
    Not actually bothered on the resale more of a case of how good the white paint would look in 5 years or so time also been told hard colour to match should you need any repairs along the way which hopefully not.

Third Gear

Status
    Did wonder whether the two tone would get more grubby looking I am not that keen on the embossed leather wonder why they dont just sell all black without that
    I have also wondered why black was only available in the embossed, would prefer smooth really although it does not present any problems just a little more difficult to treat and clean. It does stop you sliding around on the seat though.

Mark
    Last edited by markwiggy; 13th July 2008 at 17:33.

5th Gear

Status
    I like S3s in red. Think I've only ever seen one. They are usually black, white or blue
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    I would go for the Symphony II especially with having the Bose, gives you more sound adjustment and obviously 6 cd option.

Good Luck !!

Mark

Bit pointless though and a waste of money if you are going to retro fit the RNS-E sat nav at some point, worth thinking about....

On Boost

Status
    One good thing about " white " by most decent car makers , Audi,BMW,VW,Seat, ect is it's free, no 400+ for it.

p

Third Gear

Status
    Bit pointless though and a waste of money if you are going to retro fit the RNS-E sat nav at some point, worth thinking about....
    I agree, but he was contemplating getting the stereo upgrade anyway, just being helpful.

Mark

6th Gear

Status
    I know mate wasn't being funny!

Just was pointing out that (if he didnt know) you could upgrade to the sat nav for much cheaper than the delaer charges.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers Guys I didn't know that but I don't do enough driving to justify spending out on a Sat Nav would probably get a Tom Tom if I really wanted one far cheaper.

Nightmare buying a car my current car is Integra Type R hardly had any options to choose when I bought new...this S3 has too many choices even thinking now whether I would like a sun roof always liked them bit 80's maybe last time I had one of those was on my Escort RS Turbo & I am going back some years when air con was a real luxury !!!!!

Third Gear

Status
    I know mate wasn't being funny!

Didn't think you where Jamie !!

Mark

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post

Actually, L6ON's car had just been cleaned that very morning, mine hadnt been cleaned for over a week as it had been raining. As you see in the pic, theres not much difference. I was shocked at how easy it is to keep white clean over black (which Ive always had before) The white kinda 'shines' thru.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE79 View Post
    Dave1000,
    look into my eyes - 'White is far too common and you should not buy it'!

I'm sure L6ON, Kontraband & Jonnyc will back me up.

(PS - If your only doing 4000 miles a year it won't even get dirty! If it rains, leave it in the garage!)

The above only counts though if you haven't been off road rallying all week!

Actually no... I wont back you up. They are looking at my hot sexy body, not my shiny car, honest!

L60N
    White does look better for longer - than black, i'll give you that!!

ALso a good wax applied helps.

P.S. who put that brown S3 in the middle?
    Last edited by L60N; 14th July 2008 at 10:44.

6th Gear

Status
    brown S3... imagine!

2nd Gear

Status
    P.S. who put that brown S3 in the middle?

LOL!

kontraband,

I was saying back me up about not getting a white car, not about your body!

ha ha ha

Had three other people since that post tell me i have a sexy car! One of which was another good looking young lady.

The best one was i went to a local boozer in the country for a quencher yesterday afternoon and was sitting in the garden over looking the car park.

Some bloke and his family come out the pub, got int he 350Z drove out the car park, stopped, reversed back in, then the wife and bloke got out and started looking at my car, peering in the windows everything, I was about to get up and say something when they got back in their car and drove off!

still bemuzed now!
    2008 S3 in Ibis White

291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast