Retro fit RNS-E from single din to double din

Kevin Edwards

mr kevin edwards
Reaction score
:sos:I have successfullly fitted to my 2006 Audi A3 ( RNS-E) sat nav from single din to double din unit but having troble obtaining the new switches E.g hazard warning, Air Bag etc , I have been to the Audi garage but only managed to obtain the switch cover,they were not very helpful at all seemed like hard work , I would appriciate any help part numbers or any place I may be able to contact and sort What switches I need

Here's some info I posted in the S3SB Rear Lights thread on the part numbers for the facelift switches:

As far as I know all you need to do is replace the tray that holds the hazard switch and the buttons.

The part number for the cage looks to have changed, but it may just be a superseded part.

The part numbers have all changed and are as follows:

8P0 863 321 F 6PS - Trim for console
8P0 941 567 A 5PR - Switch Bracket Left
8P0 941 567 B 5PR - Switch Bracket Right
8P0 941 509 C - Emergency Light Switch

The following buttons are available. I'll list them L-R. L1, L2, L3 are to the left of the hazard button and R1, R2, R3 are to the right.

L1
8P0 927 121 B 5PR - TPMS
8P0 941 515 D 5PR - Blind Cover

L2
8P0 927 134 D 5PR - Switch for ESP
8P0 927 133 D 5PR - Switch for Traction Control
Don't know what the difference is - perhaps one says ESP and the other TC.

L3
8P0 919 234 B 5PR - Warning Lamp for Airbag
8P0 941 518 5PR - Blind Cover

R1
8P0 927 127 5PR - Switch for Self-Levelling System
8P0 941 516 D 5PR - Blind Cover

R2
8P0 919 281 5PR - Switch for Parking Aid
8P0 941 516 E 5PR - Blind Cover

R3
8P0 927 123 5PR - Switch for Vehicles with Park Assist System
8P0 941 516 F 5PR - Blind Cover

The only other thing to have changed is that there no longer appears to be a coin drawer option. You have to have the two sets of three switches.

NigelHobden was telling me last night that he has been able to order the new switches and a coin drawer for the facelift. You may want to wait until he gets his sorted before ordering anything as you might aswell get the latest parts since they'll be the same price(-ish) anyway.

If you would prefer to go with the original pre-facelift gear let me know and I'll dig out the part numbers.

thanks for for the info I have ben in contact with Nigel Hobden through e- bay he was selling is old switches and i made the assumption he had just done the same as me, He as been very helpful and he gave me this web site to try so i can finish the job off. Do y0ou know the part number for ther coin draw

:sos:I have successfullly fitted to my 2006 Audi A3 ( RNS-E) sat nav from single din to double din unit but having troble obtaining the new switches E.g hazard warning, Air Bag etc , I have been to the Audi garage but only managed to obtain the switch cover,they were not very helpful at all seemed like hard work , I would appriciate any help part numbers or any place I may be able to contact and sort What switches I need

when you say new switches, do you mean the ones for the double din cage or the facelift switches of the new A3

The ones for the double din cage as mine seen to be at the angle when i have fitted the switch cover

there are two versions now of the smaller switches. The older ones are smaller versions of the single din switches, the new facelift versions are more rounded.

This is the face lift type :

fe0a_1.jpg

These are the older style :

Single-DIN4-1.jpg

The top picture is the new style of switches that will be coming out on the facelift car, I guess it must be available in Germany already? (image was taken from ebay where the guy was selling the whole double din cage/switches and aircon unit)

The lower picture is of the switches of the current model. When I said small switches what I meant is that they are smaller than single din switches which won't let the cover fit over them except the hazard but as you say, its at the wrong angle.

Kevin, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you to do the single din to RNS-E double from start to finish?

Kevin, also check out http://www.navplus.us. It's a website dedicated to all things RNS-E, with dozens of links to online fitting guides, part numbers and loads of other information. I couldn't have completed my retrofit without their help - in fact, while my RNS-E was still hanging out of the dashboard in the car, I was rushing in to the house to check their site every now and then!