Lamin-X as well as facelift taillights fitted to S3

Photo shop will do!

Please someone! LOL

looks awsome where you get the lamin-x from i really wanna see what it looks liek on my lava grey

looks awsome where you get the lamin-x from i really wanna see what it looks liek on my lava grey

www.lamin-x.com

$50 for the headlight and fog light kit and then if you want to get a spray bottle and\or vinyl protector they'll be extra.

I decided to go ahead and buy the kit last night with both the spray and vinyl protector. With shipping of $8.90 the whole thing came to just under $70 which works out at €44 or £35.

It looks as if they do a combined shipping deal where each additional item is a dollar, so any of you chaps that live near each other could club together to save on the shipping - even if it is only a fiver.

I got a mail from them last night to say that each item is made to order so it should ship in 2-3 days. It ships via US Post's Global Priority Mail and any time I've used that service in the past it has been delivered in 3-5 days.

Anyone be able to post a pic of a white S3 with the tints on the headlights, i've got the optics grill and think it may look sweet! Also got black mirror housings fitted now!

Might do the rear as well!

Pilfered some photos from the gallery and had a go.....

Ibis004.jpg
Ibis006.jpg

Ibis005.jpg

I really like the look of the lamin-x but im sure i spot some bubbles on both of your frontlights.
Even here http://lamin-x.com/info-install-lamin-x.php? when applied you can see plenty of airbubbles trapped inside the film.

Just read this though: SETTLING:
Small air bubbles and creases/ripples will disappear over time as the film settles and is warmed. Minor scratches will also disappear over time and after film maintenance by waxing or applying 303 vinyl conditioner.

If thats true :rockwoot:

I really like the look of the lamin-x but im sure i spot some bubbles on both of your frontlights.
Even here http://lamin-x.com/info-install-lamin-x.php? when applied you can see plenty of airbubbles trapped inside the film.

Just read this though: SETTLING:
Small air bubbles and creases/ripples will disappear over time as the film settles and is warmed. Minor scratches will also disappear over time and after film maintenance by waxing or applying 303 vinyl conditioner.

If thats true :rockwoot:

Those are not bubbles mate, its actually moisture. It has cleared up significantly since posting the pics.:icon_thumright:

@ Marc, good on you mate! Post up plenty pics!

The colour is called TINT.

If you click on the Store, and then select Automotive and Audi, then A3 (2006-) it will list the various items for the A3.

Here's the link for the A3 Lighting Kit which includes the films for the headlights and fog lights. You can select one of 4 colours of tint for headlights and foglights. You can choose the same colour or a different colour for the fogs. They also supply a spray bottle and a bottle of vinyl protector. You don't need to order either, but I did for the sake of a couple of quid.

The kits are pre-cut for your particular lights.

I must admit this lamin-x looks fricken awesome. tempted to see what it could look like on dolphin grey.

Anyone thinking of the rear light tints (which lamin-x also sell) ?

Mark - I couldn't see from their website what the "spray bottle" or "vinyl protector" is actually for. Is it just a way of spraying your applied tints to protect them ?

Anyone thinking of the rear light tints (which lamin-x also sell) ?

Mark - I couldn't see from their website what the "spray bottle" or "vinyl protector" is actually for. Is it just a way of spraying your applied tints to protect them ?

I think the spray bottle is just a concoction they make up to lubricate the lens before you apply the film

The install guide (http://lamin-x.com/public_docs/LargeLight.doc) tells you to mix up a solution of 24oz water and a few drops of methyl hydride. I figured that rather than farting about with it it would be handier for the sake of three dollars to buy their solution.

The Vinyl protectant is something they recommend you apply three times a year and it reduces UV fade by up to 100%. Again, you can buy your own stuff locally to do this, but I figured for the sake of an extra few dollars it would be worth getting the stuff they recommend.

They provide a 5 year warranty with the films, so if something does go wrong and I can prove that I've been using their recommended products to maintain the film there's less likelihood that they'll be able to say it was user error.

The rear lens tint kits are only for the SB as they don't sell the 3 door in the US. I thought about it briefly, but after going to the trouble of buying the facelift tail lights it would be a sin to hide them under the film. Plus my car is Misano Red and the lights are red - maybe if I had a darker car I might think about it a bit harder.

Marc i think you have just made my wallet a little lighter! THIS SITE IS COSTING ME £££££, and the sick thing is.....I LIKE IT!!!!

Marc i think you have just made my wallet a little lighter! THIS SITE IS COSTING ME £££££, and the sick thing is.....I LIKE IT!!!!

How do you think I feel!! I think I must have spent about 2 or 3 grand in the last couple of months on bits and pieces. I have four more mods in the pipeline and once they are done I'm gonna try not to do any more for a while - that is unless the salesman manages to convince me to buy his ex-demo S3 next week!

How do you think I feel!! I think I must have spent about 2 or 3 grand in the last couple of months on bits and pieces. I have four more mods in the pipeline and once they are done I'm gonna try not to do any more for a while - that is unless the salesman manages to convince me to buy his ex-demo S3 next week!

You sound like me mate, I always say 'thats it no more modding' and then BAM! More bits to buy :) So about that ex-demo S3....:whistle2:

:wacko: Cheers Rabbit, you've got me all confused now.

Your car looks awesome with the lights tinted, but I don't know whether to do mine or not. I've spent ages trying to get the whitest DRL bulbs possible and putting the Lamin-x on would just make them dull again.

God knows what I'm going to do!
:wacko: :jester: :moa: :sos: :sob: :nyah:

Do it!
Looks amazing.:yes:

:wacko: Cheers Rabbit, you've got me all confused now.

Your car looks awesome with the lights tinted, but I don't know whether to do mine or not. I've spent ages trying to get the whitest DRL bulbs possible and putting the Lamin-x on would just make them dull again.

God knows what I'm going to do!
:wacko: :jester: :moa: :sos: :sob: :nyah:

God knows all but in this instance I'm gonna give you a push in the right direction...LAMIN-X calls you :) Its gonna look sick on your car! Especially with those blacked out rings:drool:

does anyone know how much Audi UK will charge for the facelift rear lights for a pair?

£77.36 inc VAT each. Could you acquire them in a staff sale or through the stores at Bentley?

Matt got a 15% discount from his buddy in the trade. I got a 10% discount on mine from my dealer.

8P3 945 095A (tail light - left 2 doors - left hand traffic only)
8P3 945 096A (tail light - right 2 doors - left hand traffic only)

See the S3SB rear lights thread for more photos: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=56420

whats the differnece between gunsmoke and tint for this lamin-x stuff??

did you take the fog lights and main headlamps off to install the lamin x?

did you take the fog lights and main headlamps off to install the lamin x?

No not at all, the headlights were simple to do. The fog lights require that you remove the fog grilles. Thats easy too, the S3 fog grilles just clip out and then you have plenty of space to work in.

Tint is a similar colour to gunsmoke but with only half the tint (7%)

http://lamin-x.com/products-color-film.php
Hello people,

Some of you may know who I am others probably don't. Anyways long time lurker and this could quite possibly be my first proper post!!!

Dropped Lamin-X an e-mail on the tint %'s and this is what they said:
Here's a list of light reduction percentages for each of the "tinted" films:​

Tint 5%.​

Gunsmoke 10%.​

Smoke 17%​

Charcoal 30%​

All color film is 17mil.​

Clear is 8, 12, 20, 40mil​
Didn't know there was so many but I guess they know as they make the stuff!!

Cheers
C

How? I've always wondered how they come out but didn't want to risk snapping something.

Quite easy bud. Just put your fingers through the honey comb and start from the inside and work your way around to the fog area...do it slowly with a bit of tension. Once the first clip is out, its easy from there :thumbsup:

Anyone have a picture of this on a black a3 sportback with chrome grill?

Want to see how it looks before i purchase.

Alisdair

The colour is called TINT.

If you click on the Store, and then select Automotive and Audi, then A3 (2006-) it will list the various items for the A3.

Here's the link for the A3 Lighting Kit which includes the films for the headlights and fog lights. You can select one of 4 colours of tint for headlights and foglights. You can choose the same colour or a different colour for the fogs. They also supply a spray bottle and a bottle of vinyl protector. You don't need to order either, but I did for the sake of a couple of quid.

The kits are pre-cut for your particular lights.

Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be a link :shrug: