A3 Sport parking sensors holders

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Guys can anyone get me an image of the rear of the valance that holds the parking sensors as per Matts car, it must be on the lower valance aswell not as sline & s3 cars have higher up, as me & my famous parts guy are trying to track down a part with no part number, have same car but having fun with ETKA as the bracket is kinda eluding us & I wondered if its a fixed moulding on the bumper already or an extra clip on part.

Thanks.

N.

CIMG0329.jpg

sorry I cant help you but what roof spoiler is that you have? Votex? Did it come with your car or did you have to buy it?

Mine looks a bit plain without one:

11072008106.jpg

Nigel,
ETKA lists two rear bumpers:

8P3 807 303 A GRU
8P3 807 303 C GRU

The "C" model is the "S3\S-Line" rear bumper for vehicles with parking aid. The "A" model is for the standard bumper with parking aid.

If you look in ETKA at illustration 807-50 you'll see the rear bumper and 919-20 shows the parking aid.

You may find that the inside of your bumper is pre-marked with the sensor locations and you just need to drill it out to fit the sensors. The sensors look as if they just click into place rather than having a braket to hold them on.

well for a start thats Matts car, but mine has same spoiler & its the audi one exactly same as votex, on the facelift its more rounded of but £145 from audi & easy to fit yourself as has fitting instructions, just dont over use the sealant & keep in the channels & then criss cross in middle between the channels & tape to car when in fitted position for 24 hours but take time to fit in position, not a job that should be rushed at all, did my S4 one & learnt from that one that patients is a virtue & benefit, lol, hey if u came down here would do for you

Marc, check on 919-20 number 13, this is the bitch we are trying to get as its the fixing point for the sensors mate, urrrm tricky one huh

Cheers, will look into that. Audi fitted the S3 spoiler to my old A3 but that was partly because they ordered the wrong tailgate when repairing car after somebody hit my car. It was quicker than getting correct one and better looking, I got it at cost.

I had to take a second look to actually notice the sensors in the pic!

lol, so did I, actually after few glasses of wine took me 5 attempts

are they really £65 each for the sensors? There is a guy on ebay selling one for £10 (dunno why he has only one??)

There is also an s-line rear bumper/defuser in red that looks nice.

Marc, check on 919-20 number 13, this is the bitch we are trying to get as its the fixing point for the sensors mate, urrrm tricky one huh

Yeah, I saw them first time round, but they show up as "part number unknown". Usually this means the part is not applicable or not available.

You could always try sweet talking matt into taking his bumper off!

Take a look at the 2004 A6 under illustration 919-25. The rear sensors have the same part numbers and it lists two sets of "attachment parts" under number 16.

4B3 919 261

Not sure if that'll be it, but at least it is a start.

Marc, way ahead of yer for once Matt is on it already, lol, he even checked the ones on his a4 loan car can you believe, its weird though huh as shows a part that makes complete sense then nothing shows for it, me & parts did see that so well spotted also mate, but I'm just a tad concerned as it shows 3 parts for the 05 A6 number 11 I think u mean yeah?? where as a3 only shows 1 part, I think maybe its the same fixing for the sensor to hold in place but different fixing to the bumper overall as 3 parts to do that seems weird huh, gonna find an a3 in a car park somehwre & ask if I can have a look at there bumper, probably get nicked but one way huh.

Yeah sensors are £70-80 each, unreal but complete aftermarket kit audi do is £200, which is same as the £20 ones on ebay & thats true, but I've had some luck, got the original new sensor loom for £10, the sensors for £35 delivered from germany for all 4 in total not each, just awaiting my parts from kufatec to complete the set, then can fit when I can figure how to fit to the car, I think its gonna be one of my epoxy glue jobs I love so much, but hey it works so why not, lol.

Well the sensor holders were part of a new bumper, but can you believe it they are actually stuck on to the bumper with double sided pads, very cheap but it works, unreal they dont supply seperate so I'd have to buy new bumper which I declined, so bought the A6 brackets & gonna do one of my famous superglue/epoxy jobs to fix to the bumper at same time as fitting my towbar for bike rack, just gotta decide if I want at the Sport level or the S-Line/S3 level for the height of the sensors, we'll see, anyone got image of rear of sline with sensors fitted so can check height??

NHN