Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 179
  1. #81
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohrob View Post
    I purchased my vehicle from the same dealership and whilst i know the salesman via the gym the service i received on a whole was that bad i will never go there again.

    If you want to pm me about my experience (not as severe as yours) it may strengthen your case or create a picture of a dealership who doesnt care.

    Get trading standards invloved as they will contact Audi straight away on your behalf.

    Also dont be scared of calling them everyday and making threats to go to the press etc. All these tactics work in day to day life, Mr nice guy gets you nowhere.

    Good luck.
    I would tend to disagree with that. I think the softly-softly approach is the better one to take at the initial stages with Audi CS. They will more than likely be unaware of the discussions with the dealer and it is best to give them the chance to review the situation and come up with a solution of their own accord - rather than issuing threats as that is unlikely to make them want to help out.

    If after they've had the opportunity to rectify the situation you are still no happier then it is time to go at them with both barrels.

    You don't want to dirty your bib too soon because the next time something goes wrong they'll be thinking "oh, here he comes again" and will all dive for cover.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #82
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 19th March 2009 at 00:27.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  4. #83
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    I would tend to disagree with that. I think the softly-softly approach is the better one to take at the initial stages with Audi CS. They will more than likely be unaware of the discussions with the dealer and it is best to give them the chance to review the situation and come up with a solution of their own accord - rather than issuing threats as that is unlikely to make them want to help out.

    If after they've had the opportunity to rectify the situation you are still no happier then it is time to go at them with both barrels.

    You don't want to dirty your bib too soon because the next time something goes wrong they'll be thinking "oh, here he comes again" and will all dive for cover.
    This is just my opinion however in my line of work dealing with large banks etc this has always been the most fruitful method. I feel that with big organisations it is best to hit them hard, he has been very patient and his complaint hasnt got anywhere.

    Softly softly works well with your man on the street not with the big boys.

  5. #84
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    Softly softly, nicey nicey, angry angry, feck all has worked with the 4 dealers I've tried

    Went into (S)Hatfield Audi today to look at the A4 Estate S-Line, the dozy bint on reception said if I wanted information I would have to go to their website to get the brochure, when asked if she could give more info on pricing/options etc she looked as blank as the dealerships walls

    Honestly, they are a shower of utter ****e - such an arrogant bunch of bottom feeders its incredible

  6. #85
    windsurfer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Porto
    Posts
    1,327
    well bacardi... you are unlucky... if they treated you like that why do we have the dealerships.

    We could order the car online then...

    My car is going for a service soon in Portsmouth Audi... So far no complaints... let's see how everything goes and what car will they give me as a replacement for the day... may a 10 year old A3!!! An A5 would do nicely though... ahaha

    Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

  7. #86
    Stevie C

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    153
    What address did you send your letter too leon???
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI Dolphin Grey |Loads of extras... & Mods...

    Mods Fitted - Full Rieger Infinity Body Kit including Splitter | De Chromed Front Grills | Graphite RS4 19" Alloys |MK5 Golf GTI Brakes |S6 DRLs | Jetex Twin Tailpipe Exhaust | Revo Remap | TT FBMFSW |S3 Retro Pedals | S3 Air Vents | Diamond Front Component Speakers | Custom Parcel Shelf |Private Plate

    Mods to be done - R32/R line Gear Knob | Interior Map lights |35% tints

  8. #87
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,538
    jeremy DOT hicks AT audi DOT co DOT uk

  9. #88
    Stevie C

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    153
    Thanks.. i was having a blonde moment!!!
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI Dolphin Grey |Loads of extras... & Mods...

    Mods Fitted - Full Rieger Infinity Body Kit including Splitter | De Chromed Front Grills | Graphite RS4 19" Alloys |MK5 Golf GTI Brakes |S6 DRLs | Jetex Twin Tailpipe Exhaust | Revo Remap | TT FBMFSW |S3 Retro Pedals | S3 Air Vents | Diamond Front Component Speakers | Custom Parcel Shelf |Private Plate

    Mods to be done - R32/R line Gear Knob | Interior Map lights |35% tints

  10. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Softly softly, nicey nicey, angry angry, feck all has worked with the 4 dealers I've tried

    Went into (S)Hatfield Audi today to look at the A4 Estate S-Line, the dozy bint on reception said if I wanted information I would have to go to their website to get the brochure, when asked if she could give more info on pricing/options etc she looked as blank as the dealerships walls

    Honestly, they are a shower of utter ****e - such an arrogant bunch of bottom feeders its incredible
    Well you should pop in to Huntingdon Audi again. I spent a good hour there yesterday afternoon just looking at cars and talking over new models with Lee and Malcolm. Both very knowledgable and extremely helpful guys. I've purchased all my six A3s from Lee. The first one was ten years ago when he was the junior salesman. He is now Local Business Deveopment Manager and deals with fleet sales all over the UK. They both knew my A3 was only 18months old and I have no interest in changing just yet. Lee said he had a new A3 2.0TDI-140 coming in next week and as soon as it was ready he would phone me and let me have a drive for an afternoon.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  11. #90
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,538
    That's exactly what a salesman selling premium models should be doing Dave - building a relationship with the customer. Especially a customer who they know is loyal to the brand because your recommendation to somebody considering Audi could make or break a sale - i.e. if a friend of yours asks you what you think and the dealership has treated you badly you'll send them to another dealer or another brand altogether.

  12. #91
    maxS3uk's Avatar
    mike

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    i'd be interested to know if anyone else who is experiencing problems with their Audi have had to contact head offices of other car manufacturers
    Yeah I did... Honda... they didn't care one bit. Never have a Honda again...

    At least Audi UK sorted my problem... BUT got no faith in my local garage now though, still got to see them about my seat, but just cant be bothered after how they treated me last time...


  13. #92
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Well you should pop in to Huntingdon Audi again. I spent a good hour there yesterday afternoon just looking at cars and talking over new models with Lee and Malcolm. Both very knowledgable and extremely helpful guys. I've purchased all my six A3s from Lee. The first one was ten years ago when he was the junior salesman. He is now Local Business Deveopment Manager and deals with fleet sales all over the UK. They both knew my A3 was only 18months old and I have no interest in changing just yet. Lee said he had a new A3 2.0TDI-140 coming in next week and as soon as it was ready he would phone me and let me have a drive for an afternoon.
    I'm probably going to head over there tomorrow, colleague at work also lives near me and he's looking at another 3 series tourer or an A4 estate S line too - would be interesting to speak to someone who actually knows about the cars they're selling

  14. #93
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by maxS3uk View Post
    Yeah I did... Honda... they didn't care one bit. Never have a Honda again...

    At least Audi UK sorted my problem... BUT got no faith in my local garage now though, still got to see them about my seat, but just cant be bothered after how they treated me last time...

    Yeah, that's pretty much my whole feelings too, lost the will to bother about it anymore, really hope one day the car either goes missing or blows up, was actually considering drainnig the gearbox oil and driving it to see what would happen

  15. #94
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much my whole feelings too, lost the will to bother about it anymore, really hope one day the car either goes missing or blows up, was actually considering drainnig the gearbox oil and driving it to see what would happen
    I used to watch car theft programmes and wish I was that owner.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  16. #95
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    L60N - may have missed it but did you get a response from the Head Honcho?

  17. #96
    L60N
    Guest
    Nope, but last friday his sec rang me, after i sent a 2nd chasing email.

    Starting to think its a farce... Sorry, did i say think? i meant it IS!!

  18. #97
    jamiekip
    Guest
    That sucks.
    I work in customer marketing and I'm currently responsible for sorting out customer experience for a mobile operator... I'd love to tackle Audi next..... premium product commands premium service... even tier the service depending on budget.... 30k on a car should certinaly qualify for better service than is currently offered... especially when the issue is on a 1600 option.... I might send them my CV!!!

    Have you thought about sending an email to Audi GMBH direct in Germany???

  19. #98
    L60N
    Guest
    Ive just received a call from the lady at Audi.

    She has informed that even though seats are not covered by warranty, and that they are quality checked before leaving the factory; that due to the fact i reported the probelm at 1000miles, and due to the experience i have had with the steering racks etc, they are willing to retrim my seat as a goodwill gesture. That entails replacing the padding and replacing the leather too.

    Result.

    Although i cant see how retrimming it would be any less time consuming/cost effective than replacing the whole thing, im still happy.


  20. #99
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,538
    At least you got a result. Always better to give them a chance before jumping in with both barrels (and feet!)

  21. #100
    jamiekip
    Guest
    RESULT!!!

    Get it booked in mate - get them to confirm there are no interior rattles before you leave it!
    And demand a nice loaner...

  22. #101
    L60N
    Guest
    R8? :P

  23. #102
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    R8? :P
    It would feel slow compared to your now
    RS6 - drag car!!!

  24. #103
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Ive just received a call from the lady at Audi.

    She has informed that even though seats are not covered by warranty, and that they are quality checked before leaving the factory; that due to the fact i reported the probelm at 1000miles, and due to the experience i have had with the steering racks etc, they are willing to retrim my seat as a goodwill gesture. That entails replacing the padding and replacing the leather too.

    Result.

    Although i cant see how retrimming it would be any less time consuming/cost effective than replacing the whole thing, im still happy.


    Result, agree, replacing the seats would initially seem to be the cheaper/quicker option!

  25. #104
    markwiggy's Avatar
    Third Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,125
    Kind of a result, but I don't buy into the seats not being covered by warranty, my armchair at home has a warranty as does every other three piece suite so why not seats in a car. Utter Bo#*~+ks. I have had door trims replaced on my first 8L A3 1.8T due to premature wear.

    Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

  26. #105
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    Kind of a result, but I don't buy into the seats not being covered by warranty, my armchair at home has a warranty as does every other three piece suite so why not seats in a car. Utter Bo#*~+ks. I have had door trims replaced on my first 8L A3 1.8T due to premature wear.

    Mark
    They're covered by the law - whether they're covered by warranty or not is irrelevant to be honest. But I agree with you: they WILL be covered by the warranty AS WELL as the law.

    You should insist on new seats L6ON - if you can be arsed pushing it. They have to give you them. No buts.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  27. #106
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    Good stuff bro... least they are sorting to your satisfaction...

    Make sure they look after you with the loaner for sure..

  28. #107
    L60N
    Guest
    LoL!!

    I already told the lady, thats fine with me

    I'll be happy if they come back spanking new, if they look **** however - I'll hit the roof - Or the dude in the showroom

    *piiitchoooooooooooooW* "how you like that? yeah thats right, karate chop mother****er!!! :O

  29. #108
    edition's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    LoL!!

    I already told the lady, thats fine with me

    I'll be happy if they come back spanking new, if they look **** however - I'll hit the roof - Or the dude in the showroom

    *piiitchoooooooooooooW* "how you like that? yeah thats right, karate chop mother****er!!! :O

    Make sure it's Andrew


    That man infuriates me

  30. #109
    L60N
    Guest
    Well so as not to hijack tricklads thread i'll put it here.

    Got the car back from Harrogate Audi...

    New seat cover agreed to be fitted:

    Estimated time to fix - 1day
    Total time taken - 3weeks

    Any problems:

    Scratched sills
    broken height adjust lever
    broken tilt wheel
    scratched pillars
    ill-fitting plastics
    seat base looks pap
    screw found in front tyre


    oh, and when i fired her up the range said 5miles!


    The saga continues.......

    I'll send an email to Jezza tonight, see what he thinks...

  31. #110
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    hell, copy trading standards in too!! :@

  32. #111
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Very good call!

  33. #112
    L60N
    Guest
    I'll post up pictures of the damage when i get home... I was lost for words. After the hassle i kicked up, and getting Mr Hicks involved you'd think that H Audi would be falling over themselves to put things right....

  34. #113
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Yeah, you'd think!
    Good luck mate

  35. #114
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    I'll post up pictures of the damage when i get home... I was lost for words. After the hassle i kicked up, and getting Mr Hicks involved you'd think that H Audi would be falling over themselves to put things right....
    Or they thought (in their scumness): "because he caused us grief from the boss let's give him some **** to worry about."
    I wouldn't put it past them. They don't care about customers or their possessions half the time.
    That is a disgrace though. Threaten them with legal action and include lots of photos. Then do the karate chop.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  36. #115
    alzo999's Avatar
    Audi Crazy

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ayrshire, scotland
    Posts
    90
    very good letter mate, courteous but to the point. I hope you get things sorted out. While i'm on, for anyone in the Ayrshire area, I have found Ayr Audi an absolute joy to deal with. Salesmans name is Brian, dealt with him for 2 years (ish) now. service and parts dept have been different class as well.

    Bought a TT roadster from Glasgow Audi and they were a nightmare, wouldnt go near tham with a barge pole!! (yeah, i know its the same group). they were nothing short of a joke.

  37. #116
    Roswell's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Well so as not to hijack tricklads thread i'll put it here.

    Got the car back from Harrogate Audi...

    New seat cover agreed to be fitted:

    Estimated time to fix - 1day
    Total time taken - 3weeks

    Any problems:

    Scratched sills
    broken height adjust lever
    broken tilt wheel
    scratched pillars
    ill-fitting plastics
    seat base looks pap
    screw found in front tyre


    oh, and when i fired her up the range said 5miles!


    The saga continues.......

    I'll send an email to Jezza tonight, see what he thinks...

    That's an absolute nightmare Leon! Audi really need to get their act together with these franchised dealers. It's an absolute disgrace.

    Good luck with Jeremy....AGAIN!!
    2005 - A3 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro

    2008 - S3, Sprint Blue, Buckets, Sunroof, Rear Sensors, BT Phone Prep, Folding Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, BOSE, Flat Tyre Indicator, Phatnoise

  38. #117
    L60N
    Guest
    Ok, so firstly i noticed they'd done a p00 job of the seat base:







    My other one for comparison:



    I ignored that, but when i got home I found these:





    Then tilting the seat back to how "I" like it i found it stuck:





    Upon closer inspection i found they'd tried carving off some plastic in the hope of slackening it - it didnt work, nor does it look pretty:



    Compared to the other side:



    Then theres the scratches to the sill:



    To the pillar:



    Oh, and a screw in the tyre which had to be replaced:








    WELL DONE AUDI!!

  39. #118
    jamiekip
    Guest
    FECKIN HELL!
    That my friend is a severe piss take!
    How have you lasted so long with out going down to the dealers and making a very BIG scene????
    I can't believe someone actually thought it acceptable to return your car in that state.
    Mate, get the email sent to Jeremy, CC the general manager of the dealer, CC the service manager at the dealer.

    Dude, it's time to open up a can of whoop ass!

  40. #119
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Ohh, and you could insist on ground of negligence that any further repairs are carried out by another dealer of your choice - all Audi wor is guraneteed, so you should try and push for that too....

  41. #120
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,538
    That's a disaster!!

    They'll try to say the screw in the tyre wasn't them, but that torx screw is used by Audi\VW on several trim pieces, including the arch liners.

    Definitely send Jeremy a follow up mail and attach the photos. I can't see him standing for the damage they've done.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO