Black grille for A3 Sportback

JiSi

Reaction score
I would like to replace my current grille with a black one, and as far as I know you can only buy the black S-line grille with the S-logo. Do they make a black grille without the S-logo or is it possible to remove it from the S-grille?

If not I will just get my grille painted.

I would like to replace my current grille with a black one, and as far as I know you can only buy the black S-line grille with the S-logo. Do they make a black grille without the S-logo or is it possible to remove it from the S-grille?

If not I will just get my grille painted.
Is the car got 1 bit grill or 2 smaller?.

i am sure you can just unclip them cause all they are is a clip if i remember correctly..

Can't help on the bracket removal, but the Ebay seller is where mine came from - no probs and delivered within a week.

Fitting is a bumper off job - instructions here

redbutcher, when looking on the 5th picture of your car it seems the vertical "bars" are cut off where the S-line logo is located. So I guess my best bet will be to get my entire grill painted.

The black frame (which is chrome on mine) around the grill is plastic, right?

i ordered a black optic grill from that ebay seller on tuesday night. hopefuly should arrive soon!

redbutcher, when looking on the 5th picture of your car it seems the vertical "bars" are cut off where the S-line logo is located. So I guess my best bet will be to get my entire grill painted.

The black frame (which is chrome on mine) around the grill is plastic, right?

Yup - i think you're right, the vertical bars stop, so it would look a bit daft with no badge.

I think the surround is just plastic - already got a few stone chips thanks to the motorway miles :weight_lift2:

That's a really good guide you posted up as well - handy for anyone else looking to fit one - it does look great with a black car - also seen it on red and blue A4s - looks good on those as well.

A worthwhile mod IMO!

Yes they definitely are just clip on's because some wee b@stard stole the badge off the front of mine some time ago!!