Am I selling too cheaply?

magnus911

R8GGA
Reaction score
Website
www.it-tronics.co.uk
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/497725.htm

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I had an accident recently and I'm only getting my car back today. Annoying thing was, before the accident I had agreed to sell my car to a chap for £11,500. Later that day, a lady in a Maserati went ploughing into a line of traffic in which I was sat and bent my rear bumper and tailgate.

Anyway, that was a month ago, and as I want rid of the car quickly (want to lease an S3 and miles building up fast) I have put it up for under £10k.

Is that not cheap enough? Have values really fallen by over 10% in the past month due to negative press? The reason I ask is that when it was up for £11.5k a month ago, I had a lot of interest and I sold the car (or at least agreed to) within 24 hours.

This time around, at the new price; I've had just one enquiry. It's been on pistonheads for a week or so and autotrader for a few days.

I suppose the lack of interest means it's not cheap enough!

Is the car on v-car now? - meaning if I do a HPI check does it show as having been in an accident?

If not it's a serious amount of car for the money, especially with the options listed etc.

No it is completely HPI clear; It wasn't written off, althought I'm sure they're regretting that now I've had a Touareg for 4 weeks at over a grand a week cost!

I think the price is good, I had a good look at yours before I got mine. I think its just a bad time for the big engine cars at the moment.

Hang in there, it will sell, looks like a really good example!

Don't lower it yet. I sold EXACTLY the same car last Sept to get my S3 and got £12,750 for it (44,000 miles on the clock) .... from a DEALER (Lancaster Audi in Manchester).

There's no way values have fallen by that much since then. Be patient.

I suspect that the problem is the credit crunch (money is tight for most), fuel costs and proposed VED changes, a 3.2 isn't going to be a popular choice at the moment.

It depends on if you have to sell or can wait it out until the right buyer comes along.

As has been said not a good time to be selling a car with a big engine.

Paul

Well I suppose I can wait I don't have to have the money now as I'm leasing my next car and I own this one outright (no monthly payments).

However, I don't imagine car prices that drop will actually recover once confidence is restored in finance...

Ive been looking at chopping mine in for something newer also...mine is the same age as yours with only 26k full hist and same spec & votex\audi kit only thing it hasnt got is nav, the dealer I went to told me that the book price for mine was about the 10k mark but in the current climate they could only offer me 7,5k-needless to say I walked away. I would have been happy with book value or slightly under but they were just taking the p**s. They said it would not sell at the mo due to the large cc? I will just keep hold of mine now for a while-its a good motor and dosnt owe me anything so...:blackrs4:

Well looks like I was being a bit impatient after all! Just had 2 enquiries, both sound serious...

woohoo!

I'm wondering if they'll take a £500 discount and let me swap the RNS-E back out for the Symphony...otherwise I'm going to have to buy another to retrofit into the S3!

Sold my 53 plate A3 2.0FSI with 60k+ miles for a tad over 9k, so I'd say your 3.2 is very good value.

I've just part exchanged my 05 3.2 Sport sportback 29k miles full votex sat nav etc and got £14k for it (I was offered £12k from one dealer but took that as an insult!). I was sick to accept that really as I loved the car,but I just couldn't justify the running costs and depreciation any more.
Big engined petrol cars will be difficult to shift at the moment and I don't think things will change in the short term.
Good luck with the sale though and prepare to be flexible when it comes to haggling.

In the end I've agreed to take 9750 for it, minus the original RS6 wheels which I'll flog on eBay to make up the difference!
Guy's flying down on Sunday from Aberdeen to London so must be serious! He's buying a one way ticket too so he'll be stuck if he doesn't like it!

I think the guy from Aberdeen has got a bargain, but as long as you're happy with the price then that's OK.

I hate to think how much I've lost on my R32 since I bought it in January.

I too think he's got a good deal, but with 64k on the clock and losing 100's a month, I reckon it's better to let it go now, than to get to 70k in a couple of months and then see its value plummet!

Anyway, the car has gone. She will be missed. I loved that car.

Anyway, I'm off to an auction at Blackbushe; Lex are having a prestige at 11am; lots of Audis!