Chris NottVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Camber on Sportback 1.8 TFSI

Hi,

I am new around here and hail from Copenhagen, Denmark. Happy to be a member in here as I have been browsing around, and it seems there are some competent people in here.

I have a black Sportback 1.8 TFSI with an H&R Streetstyle stainless steel coilover plus some BBS CH "Black Edition" 18" ET50 alloys. I had it adjusted yesterday, and they told me the camber cannot be adjusted on the back - it is currently at negative 2,18 degrees on the left and negative 2,06 degrees on the right. Can that be true?

I was hoping to fit some 15 mm H&R spacers on the back, but I reckon it will look silly with the negative camber .

Peace,

Jimmi
    Last edited by JiSi; 9th July 2008 at 22:14.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    how much has the coilovers lowered the car? If you have lowered it a lot the camber will point inward and it could scrum the inside of the tyres away quicker.

Some companies brought out adjustable bars for the older S3 to correct this. like these :

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...product=FMAUTB

Not sure if they are available for the newer a3/s3
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Neutral

Status
    I think it's been lowered roughly 40-50 mm in the rear. It's hard to say really. According to the specs, this coilover should lower the rear from 30-60 mm and the front from 40-70 mm.

S3IZZO
    Camber is adjustable on the back...it's just not on the front

Neutral

Status
    I've just talked to them, and the camber cannot be adjusted because the car is too low. So it cannot be adjusted that far - if I had the original springs/shock absorbers mounted it could be done. Too bad.

S3IZZO
    http://www.k-mac.com.au/

They do adjustable plates, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do? - are you trying to gain some positive camber?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3IZZO View Post
    http://www.k-mac.com.au/

They do adjustable plates, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do? - are you trying to gain some positive camber?
    Yes, I just want the camber to be "evened out" on both sides. As I wrote, it is about negative 2 degrees on both sides, so the wheel is leaning inwards. And preferably I suppose it should be 0 degrees.

S3IZZO
    Quote Originally Posted by JiSi View Post
    Yes, I just want the camber to be "evened out" on both sides. As I wrote, it is about negative 2 degrees on both sides, so the wheel is leaning inwards. And preferably I suppose it should be 0 degrees.
    I don't think it should be 0, I think it would have a bit of negative offset even from factory...not as much granted.

Could be worse

Last edited by S3IZZO; 10th July 2008 at 11:28.