Camber on Sportback 1.8 TFSI

JiSi

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new around here and hail from Copenhagen, Denmark. Happy to be a member in here as I have been browsing around, and it seems there are some competent people in here.

I have a black Sportback 1.8 TFSI with an H&R Streetstyle stainless steel coilover plus some BBS CH "Black Edition" 18" ET50 alloys. I had it adjusted yesterday, and they told me the camber cannot be adjusted on the back - it is currently at negative 2,18 degrees on the left and negative 2,06 degrees on the right. Can that be true?

I was hoping to fit some 15 mm H&R spacers on the back, but I reckon it will look silly with the negative camber :(.

Peace,

Jimmi

I think it's been lowered roughly 40-50 mm in the rear. It's hard to say really. According to the specs, this coilover should lower the rear from 30-60 mm and the front from 40-70 mm.

Camber is adjustable on the back...it's just not on the front ;)

I've just talked to them, and the camber cannot be adjusted because the car is too low. So it cannot be adjusted that far - if I had the original springs/shock absorbers mounted it could be done. Too bad.

http://www.k-mac.com.au/

They do adjustable plates, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do? - are you trying to gain some positive camber?

Yes, I just want the camber to be "evened out" on both sides. As I wrote, it is about negative 2 degrees on both sides, so the wheel is leaning inwards. And preferably I suppose it should be 0 degrees.

Yes, I just want the camber to be "evened out" on both sides. As I wrote, it is about negative 2 degrees on both sides, so the wheel is leaning inwards. And preferably I suppose it should be 0 degrees.

I don't think it should be 0, I think it would have a bit of negative offset even from factory...not as much granted.

Could be worse

dyn005_original_700_430_pjpeg_2548430_20ab920e781e026fa3874cced34a70df.jpg