A3 Interior Bits Q's

cliveywolves

Reaction score
Website
www.carinsurance4u.co.uk
Hi All,

Does anybody know if the new All chrome air vents trims that are on the current new A3 versions, Will fit onto my exsisting A3 ???

Also any part numbers if avalible would be good ???

Cheers

I have the original S3 airvents in my car already, mines an 04 A3 8P so they will fit perfectly mate, same design, mechanics etc etc, no different just painted, not even metal, lol, even the S3 wing mirrors me & Marc have which are originals arent fully Alum anymore, they are plastic coated with an Alum shell, cheap skates!!!!

I know a seller whose got some aswell.

I have the original S3 airvents in my car already, mines an 04 A3 8P so they will fit perfectly mate, same design, mechanics etc etc, no different just painted, not even metal, lol, even the S3 wing mirrors me & Marc have which are originals arent fully Alum anymore, they are plastic coated with an Alum shell, cheap skates!!!!

I know a seller whose got some aswell.
ok mate... easy to fit the airvents ?

spill the beans then whos the seller please???

ta

yeah, you pull them out & then push these straight in, they are held in place by a crappy foamy surround towards the back of the vents & the friction of tight fit holds them fast, so easy peasy job, just lever from behind the dial front fascia carefully with a screwdriver & very slowly, do one side, then other & slowly from side to side wiggle them out, patients is a virtue on this job so dont rush & dont put to much pressure on them as you'll end up scratching something expensive.

Should do. found a set on eBay last night for €180. I'll try to find the link when I get home.

€179 with no bids

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Audi-S3-Modell-8...ryZ99340QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

97f3_1.JPG
9929_1.JPG

that'll do nicely, look good in my car for sure, breaks up the dash a bit, Marc would be nice addition to interior mate, recommend seriously.

I think I'll be fine with my current ones - the air won't be any cooler coming out of those ones!

To be honest, I've spent a little bit too much on bits and pieces over the last few weeks. I think I need to draw a line somewhere before I end up buying a new car piece by piece!

To be honest, I've spent a little bit too much on bits and pieces over the last few weeks. I think I need to draw a line somewhere before I end up buying a new car piece by piece!

You can get to that point very quickly! Doesnt help that nothing it cheap for an Audi!

They do look nice, but they would be low on my list at the moment LOL

You think you could order them direct from Audi any cheaper,

You know the part numbers ????

ps, Your new rear lights look the tits.....wanna sort some for sportback next....

Thanks! I'm rather pleased with them.

Not sure how much the vents are from the dealer. The part number is 8P0 820 901 C and you'll need 4 of them.

If I was to get one of those "overnight test drive" thingys in a new facelift A3 I wonder if the dealer would notice if I was to swap out all the newer bits for my old ones!

urrrmm knowing the dim witted salesmen no they wouldnt lol, lol.

Try GPA Styling. After-market rings £30

yes, chrome ones bit too shiny. Was about to say switch was right but i'm thinking about my old A3 which is that way round. A tin of airfix paint will do fine for the vents :p

yes, chrome ones bit too shiny. Was about to say switch was right but i'm thinking about my old A3 which is that way round. A tin of airfix paint will do fine for the vents :p

Now I know they are just painted I might look into this myself. Always like the S3 vents but not worth the coin-age IMO.

TBH need to spray cause painting would show up easily against the pattern on the dials, lol seriously though spraying the rings seperately by removing would probably accomplish the same thing.

Audi are charging more money for cars & using much less worthy parts to add that nice touch of class, so called alum mirrors arent solid anymore actually plastic coated with a thin layer of alum & the vents are plastic, shocked when I got mine to say the least, next the fecking wheels will be made out of glass.

damn it so my superglue & plastic recycled bottles idea was copied, crying copyright here lol lol

I saw a pair of glass wheels on a motorbike i had in to check out for an MOT, it had bullet proof glass wheels with spinners between the two plates!!