Volks AutosEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

A3 Interior Bits Q's

Hi All,

Does anybody know if the new All chrome air vents trims that are on the current new A3 versions, Will fit onto my exsisting A3 ???

Also any part numbers if avalible would be good ???

Cheers
    2007 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 Tdi (170) DPF, S-Line,DSG S-Tronic, Akoyo Silver, 18"Alloys Audi RS4 Design, RNS-E 2007 TMC, Rear Parking Sensors,Bose Sound System,6 CD Changer,Black Leather Sport Seats,Auto Folding Mirrors,Tyre Pressure Sys,+ More....

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Should do. found a set on eBay last night for €180. I'll try to find the link when I get home.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    Should do. found a set on eBay last night for €180. I'll try to find the link when I get home.
    You think you could order them direct from Audi any cheaper,

You know the part numbers ????

ps, Your new rear lights look the tits.....wanna sort some for sportback next....
    2007 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 Tdi (170) DPF, S-Line,DSG S-Tronic, Akoyo Silver, 18"Alloys Audi RS4 Design, RNS-E 2007 TMC, Rear Parking Sensors,Bose Sound System,6 CD Changer,Black Leather Sport Seats,Auto Folding Mirrors,Tyre Pressure Sys,+ More....

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I have the original S3 airvents in my car already, mines an 04 A3 8P so they will fit perfectly mate, same design, mechanics etc etc, no different just painted, not even metal, lol, even the S3 wing mirrors me & Marc have which are originals arent fully Alum anymore, they are plastic coated with an Alum shell, cheap skates!!!!

I know a seller whose got some aswell.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelhobden View Post
    I have the original S3 airvents in my car already, mines an 04 A3 8P so they will fit perfectly mate, same design, mechanics etc etc, no different just painted, not even metal, lol, even the S3 wing mirrors me & Marc have which are originals arent fully Alum anymore, they are plastic coated with an Alum shell, cheap skates!!!!

I know a seller whose got some aswell.
    ok mate... easy to fit the airvents ?

spill the beans then whos the seller please???

ta

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    yeah, you pull them out & then push these straight in, they are held in place by a crappy foamy surround towards the back of the vents & the friction of tight fit holds them fast, so easy peasy job, just lever from behind the dial front fascia carefully with a screwdriver & very slowly, do one side, then other & slowly from side to side wiggle them out, patients is a virtue on this job so dont rush & dont put to much pressure on them as you'll end up scratching something expensive.

6th Gear

Status
    Should do. found a set on eBay last night for 180. I'll try to find the link when I get home.
    179 with no bids

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Audi-S3-Modell-8P...QQcmdZViewItem

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    that'll do nicely, look good in my car for sure, breaks up the dash a bit, Marc would be nice addition to interior mate, recommend seriously.

6th Gear

Status
    I think I'll be fine with my current ones - the air won't be any cooler coming out of those ones!

To be honest, I've spent a little bit too much on bits and pieces over the last few weeks. I think I need to draw a line somewhere before I end up buying a new car piece by piece!

6th Gear

Status
    To be honest, I've spent a little bit too much on bits and pieces over the last few weeks. I think I need to draw a line somewhere before I end up buying a new car piece by piece!
    You can get to that point very quickly! Doesnt help that nothing it cheap for an Audi!

They do look nice, but they would be low on my list at the moment LOL

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveywolves View Post
    You think you could order them direct from Audi any cheaper,

You know the part numbers ????

ps, Your new rear lights look the tits.....wanna sort some for sportback next....
    Thanks! I'm rather pleased with them.

Not sure how much the vents are from the dealer. The part number is 8P0 820 901 C and you'll need 4 of them.

If I was to get one of those "overnight test drive" thingys in a new facelift A3 I wonder if the dealer would notice if I was to swap out all the newer bits for my old ones!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    urrrmm knowing the dim witted salesmen no they wouldnt lol, lol.

6th Gear

Status
    LOL, interesting idea. I did get an invite to test drive the new A3 cab . . . . .

1st Gear

Status
    cheers for that boys, ill call the dealer in the morning and check out the price on the parts and put that ebay on watch now......

3rd Gear

Status
    Marc, do you have any pics of the before and after on your light conversion mate?

Quote Originally Posted by cliveywolves View Post
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

6th Gear

Status
    Here's a side-by-side comparison:

And some before and after shots. Click the facelift taillights link in my signature for some more photos.

1st Gear

Status
    Try GPA Styling. After-market rings 30

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royjk View Post
    Try GPA Styling. After-market rings 30
    got web site ??????

3rd Gear

Status
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

6th Gear

Status
    They look a bit too chromed to be honest.

Although, at 30 for a set of 4 they are substantially cheaper than the OEM ones.

3rd Gear

Status
    I agree, the OEM ones aren't as in your face and better looking IMO.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah bit to blingy for me too, need the originals i think gonna call dealer now

1st Gear

Status
    oppppsss originals from dealer 69.60 x4 = 278.40 ill leave that i think....
    ebay the way for me.....

1st Gear

Status
    Spotted this on ebay this morning also, shame it for LHD fit would be a nice touch on my A3.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=022

6th Gear

Status
    yes, chrome ones bit too shiny. Was about to say switch was right but i'm thinking about my old A3 which is that way round. A tin of airfix paint will do fine for the vents

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    yes, chrome ones bit too shiny. Was about to say switch was right but i'm thinking about my old A3 which is that way round. A tin of airfix paint will do fine for the vents
    Now I know they are just painted I might look into this myself. Always like the S3 vents but not worth the coin-age IMO.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    TBH need to spray cause painting would show up easily against the pattern on the dials, lol seriously though spraying the rings seperately by removing would probably accomplish the same thing.

Audi are charging more money for cars & using much less worthy parts to add that nice touch of class, so called alum mirrors arent solid anymore actually plastic coated with a thin layer of alum & the vents are plastic, shocked when I got mine to say the least, next the fecking wheels will be made out of glass.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    god almightly just seen these, man anyone with these doesnt wanna be on this forum, taste is a big factor & you have these then you have none, lol, lol

6th Gear

Status
    god almightly just seen these, man anyone with these doesnt wanna be on this forum, taste is a big factor & you have these then you have none, lol, lol
    Dont say that lol, remember the A3 is now available in America

Neutral

Status
    next the fecking wheels will be made out of glass.

already done i'm afraid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/...atest_rage.php
    A3 cabriolet S-line,phantom black, leather/alcantara, bose,xenons + led drl's, rear park, light + rain pack, interior light pack

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    damn it so my superglue & plastic recycled bottles idea was copied, crying copyright here lol lol

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by matmaxedout View Post
    already done i'm afraid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/...atest_rage.php
    WOW

Edit: I was literally lost for words there.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

6th Gear

Status
    I saw a pair of glass wheels on a motorbike i had in to check out for an MOT, it had bullet proof glass wheels with spinners between the two plates!!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport