Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 325Psi View Post
    Ok then, I'll lie if you want.
    Don't I agree with you

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 325Psi View Post

Hey mate - someone's got in your garage and parked a private hire taxi cab next to that beautiful yellow car.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Spin... Have you picked up the coupe yet??
    I test drove the 335d coupe again this weekend myself and i think i'm going down that route.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    Spin... Have you picked up the coupe yet??
    I test drove the 335d coupe again this weekend myself and i think i'm going down that route.
    Picked the car up on Friday PM, handover and general service recieved was superb with the car being prepared to an excellent standard, I had reservations about how the red leather would look but it's a great combination and in the metal parked up next to my TT it looked really mean and low.

I've only covered 160 miles over the weekend with no running in required, the engine feels a little tighter than the demo but performance is still outstanding, I really can't believe that a diesel can sound so good and go so well - the speed through the gears via the paddles is real neck wrenching stuff and refinement second to none - this car could be a licence killer if not careful. Accessibility to the rear via the electric seats is pretty good and a breeze to get my 19 month old daughter in the back, standard stereo produces a good bassy sound and the standard level of equipment is high too so all the toys are present. So far I'm really impressed by all aspects and then if you consider its had some pretty hard driving already and averaged 29.3mpg its a no brainer versus the 335i. The 335D feels like a 40K car to drive with the weight and feel of all controls giving a good impression, I'll do a review plus some pics once I've had it a little longer and the honeymoon period has passed.

For the moment I think its fantastic value for money and have absolutely no regrets choosing it over the TTS.

Spin
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    Picked the car up on Friday PM, handover and general service recieved was superb with the car being prepared to an excellent standard, I had reservations about how the red leather would look but it's a great combination and in the metal parked up next to my TT it looked really mean and low.

I've only covered 160 miles over the weekend with no running in required, the engine feels a little tighter than the demo but performance is still outstanding, I really can't believe that a diesel can sound so good and go so well - the speed through the gears via the paddles is real neck wrenching stuff and refinement second to none - this car could be a licence killer if not careful. Accessibility to the rear via the electric seats is pretty good and a breeze to get my 19 month old daughter in the back, standard stereo produces a good bassy sound and the standard level of equipment is high too so all the toys are present. So far I'm really impressed by all aspects and then if you consider its had some pretty hard driving already and averaged 29.3mpg its a no brainer versus the 335i. The 335D feels like a 40K car to drive with the weight and feel of all controls giving a good impression, I'll do a review plus some pics once I've had it a little longer and the honeymoon period has passed.

For the moment I think its fantastic value for money and have absolutely no regrets choosing it over the TTS.

Spin

Thanks for that Spin, the car sounds awesome. Make sure you get some photos up as soon as you get time!

Paul.

For Sale:

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Hey mate - someone's got in your garage and parked a private hire taxi cab next to that beautiful yellow car.
    There's goes another rib...
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status

Spin
    Good to hear you are as chuffed as I am with my 135i MSport Coupe. I now have 1350 miles on it and it is really starting to fly. The looser it gets, the faster it gets. A mate of mine has the 335D and when he changed to VPOWER Diesel he said it felt much quicker, are you running that yet ?

I have found customer service really good to, never rushed and always thorough until you are 100% happy.

Si
    2007 S3
    Phantom Black
    Bose upgrade

Status
    Just out of interest how much is V-power diesel??

For Sale:

5th Gear

Status
    about 1.39 a litre around here. Glad your enjoying the car, there is a black 320 coupe with red leather in the wifes car park and it does look really nice, in fact if I had the choice i'd go for red leather.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi View Post
    about 1.39 a litre around here. Glad your enjoying the car, there is a black 320 coupe with red leather in the wifes car park and it does look really nice, in fact if I had the choice i'd go for red leather.
    Well this is my current dilemma... I recon i'm going for alpine white for a change (never had a white car before). The obvious choice is plain black leather but i do like red.... Is the general opinion that red leather in a white car is way way OTT? Could look a little camp i think!

For Sale:

5th Gear

Status
    probably would be good when you come to sell it, but if you lease the car it ain't going to make any difference.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

6th Gear

Status
    According to the BMW guys Red leather is a desireable spec come resale - I was a little concerned but not anymore - Go for it, definetly not camp on a car like the 335 Coupe and it lifts the interior and makes a great contrast to the M sports standard anthracite head lining. White with red sounds damn good to me....
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Status
    Especially in M3 guise...With that Carbon roof ... 6month old ones are down to early/mid 40's
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    Well here's one listed on Pistonheads with the colour combo i'm looking at.... Think i'm sold. Not to everyone's taste though!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/535191.htm

For Sale:

6th Gear

Status

the speed through the gears via the paddles is real neck wrenching stuff and refinement second to none - this car could be a licence killer if not careful.
    I bet it could be!
    I did Aberdeen to Brighton in just under 8 hours in mine, never mind a 335D!
    I was damned close to doing it on one tank of fuel too (582 miles, door to door).
    Amazing.
    I took a photo of the speedo showing 100mph and the fuel computer thing showing just under 50mpg.
    How the hell do they do it???
    Of course, the fact I was able to do 100mph is testimony to the refinement itself, in that the wife had absolutely no idea...
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 28th July 2008 at 17:29.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234