Leaving Audi behind...

Ok, I'll keep quiet about which one is faster:

12072008197.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Spin... Have you picked up the coupe yet??
I test drove the 335d coupe again this weekend myself and i think i'm going down that route.

Spin... Have you picked up the coupe yet??
I test drove the 335d coupe again this weekend myself and i think i'm going down that route.

Picked the car up on Friday PM, handover and general service recieved was superb with the car being prepared to an excellent standard, I had reservations about how the red leather would look but it's a great combination and in the metal parked up next to my TT it looked really mean and low.

I've only covered 160 miles over the weekend with no running in required, the engine feels a little tighter than the demo but performance is still outstanding, I really can't believe that a diesel can sound so good and go so well - the speed through the gears via the paddles is real neck wrenching stuff and refinement second to none - this car could be a licence killer if not careful. Accessibility to the rear via the electric seats is pretty good and a breeze to get my 19 month old daughter in the back, standard stereo produces a good bassy sound and the standard level of equipment is high too so all the toys are present. So far I'm really impressed by all aspects and then if you consider its had some pretty hard driving already and averaged 29.3mpg its a no brainer versus the 335i. The 335D feels like a £40K car to drive with the weight and feel of all controls giving a good impression, I'll do a review plus some pics once I've had it a little longer and the honeymoon period has passed.

For the moment I think its fantastic value for money and have absolutely no regrets choosing it over the TTS.

Spin

Picked the car up on Friday PM, handover and general service recieved was superb with the car being prepared to an excellent standard, I had reservations about how the red leather would look but it's a great combination and in the metal parked up next to my TT it looked really mean and low.

I've only covered 160 miles over the weekend with no running in required, the engine feels a little tighter than the demo but performance is still outstanding, I really can't believe that a diesel can sound so good and go so well - the speed through the gears via the paddles is real neck wrenching stuff and refinement second to none - this car could be a licence killer if not careful. Accessibility to the rear via the electric seats is pretty good and a breeze to get my 19 month old daughter in the back, standard stereo produces a good bassy sound and the standard level of equipment is high too so all the toys are present. So far I'm really impressed by all aspects and then if you consider its had some pretty hard driving already and averaged 29.3mpg its a no brainer versus the 335i. The 335D feels like a £40K car to drive with the weight and feel of all controls giving a good impression, I'll do a review plus some pics once I've had it a little longer and the honeymoon period has passed.

For the moment I think its fantastic value for money and have absolutely no regrets choosing it over the TTS.

Spin

Thanks for that Spin, the car sounds awesome. Make sure you get some photos up as soon as you get time!

Paul.

Spin

Good to hear you are as chuffed as I am with my 135i MSport Coupe. I now have 1350 miles on it and it is really starting to fly. The looser it gets, the faster it gets. A mate of mine has the 335D and when he changed to VPOWER Diesel he said it felt much quicker, are you running that yet ?

I have found customer service really good to, never rushed and always thorough until you are 100% happy.

Si

Just out of interest how much is V-power diesel??

about 1.39 a litre around here. Glad your enjoying the car, there is a black 320 coupe with red leather in the wifes car park and it does look really nice, in fact if I had the choice i'd go for red leather.

about 1.39 a litre around here. Glad your enjoying the car, there is a black 320 coupe with red leather in the wifes car park and it does look really nice, in fact if I had the choice i'd go for red leather.

Well this is my current dilemma... I recon i'm going for alpine white for a change (never had a white car before). The obvious choice is plain black leather but i do like red.... Is the general opinion that red leather in a white car is way way OTT? Could look a little camp i think!

probably would be good when you come to sell it, but if you lease the car it ain't going to make any difference.

According to the BMW guys Red leather is a desireable spec come resale - I was a little concerned but not anymore - Go for it, definetly not camp on a car like the 335 Coupe and it lifts the interior and makes a great contrast to the M sports standard anthracite head lining. White with red sounds damn good to me....

the speed through the gears via the paddles is real neck wrenching stuff and refinement second to none - this car could be a licence killer if not careful.

I bet it could be!
I did Aberdeen to Brighton in just under 8 hours in mine, never mind a 335D!
I was damned close to doing it on one tank of fuel too (582 miles, door to door).
Amazing.
I took a photo of the speedo showing 100mph and the fuel computer thing showing just under 50mpg.
How the hell do they do it???:ohmy:
Of course, the fact I was able to do 100mph is testimony to the refinement itself, in that the wife had absolutely no idea...:laugh: