Croft track event..

jonnyc

Reaction score
Hey all..

Funny that a few of you started mentioning this, I was discussing it earlier with Chris..

I suggested a track day for ASN, not an exclusive event, more of a group booking on a Croft trackday, they run one per month..

I have worked at Croft for about 3 years so it wont be a problem sorting it out, so long as who ever would like to have there car booked on the day can commit to a date as the days get booked up fairly quickly..

The days are either split up into sessions, 3 groups of cars rotated throughout the day, 3 sessions in the morning, 3 in the afternoon, 20 mins per session..

or..

Open pit lane, which is what it sounds like, basically take your car out on the track as and when you feel like it throughout the day with an hours break for lunch..

Think it would be a good way to have some 'sensible' ;) fun on the track, compare cars, chat etc etc..

So!! Whos up for it??

Im thinking of setting the date in September as im going to be pretty tied up until then (I want to be able to make it) plus it will give us all some time to get things planned..

Any suggestions or questions just post up and we can try and get some kind of list going with who would like to attend

Jonny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Hey

After the trip to Croft today I had a few discussions with the guys fro Circuit days and they have confirmed to me that they would be up for an AUDI-SPORT.NET day

http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/event_details.php?venue_id=&event_id=168

8th October
Open Pit lane format (1 hours lunch from 12)
Price TBC (£149 non discounted but I think I will be able to negotiate a decent discount, ill confirm the price ASAP)

Sorry for the delay on getting this info but hopefully now we can get some confirmed cars on the day and have some fun!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested parties:

jonnyc
jamiekip
Ess Three
ChriS3
Phantom
L60N
Iggu
PaulAr
JamS3
maxS3uk
SteveTDCi
JohnS3
jcs356

I'm up for a bit of this...
September could be awkward for me...I'm offshore for 2 week in the middle.
Early, or later on and I'd be fine.

Either open pit lane or groups...not fussed for me. I'm happy with either.

I can confirm once proposed dates are available.

I'd better get my leaky shocks sorted by then.

It'd be good to tag it onto the back of a 'Northern Meet', or just a general ASN get-together. Just make sure there's a good burger van there for glen ;)

Good work - didn't realise you worked there jonny! :salute:
Do you help out with the driving experiences????

Count me in.
Can I be cheeky and throw in a few dates when I can't do it too??
Can't do the weekend of September the 6th.
I think it's the British Superbikes on the weekend of the 13th/14th September.

How about weekend of the 20th? Ess Three - would you be back on terra ferma then?
Would it be just open to as.net? I have a mate with an R32 from tyresmoke who i'm pretty sure would be interested too. Might even know someone with an R8 who would come along.

I think this will be a really good day!

Might have a run down to Darlo for a nose around too.

Ages since Ive been to Croft, used to go a lot to watch Sat BTCC qualilfying, RENO Spider cup etc.....fill in slack Saturday afternoons (before wife and family)
Maybe even swing past Alan Fishburns for a REVO 5hr trial on the way down......

Good work - didn't realise you worked there jonny! :salute:Do you help out with the driving experiences????

I worked on the driving school and on corporate days etc..

Had a quick look around and there isnt loads of days in september, ill call them tomorrow and see what they say

Jonny

My uncle is doing the ferrari experience on the 12th Aug - he's really looking forward to it!

I'll definitely be in Jonny - if its Open pit lane.
Nice one - great idea this.

Thought it might be useful to start a list of interested parties:

jonnyc
jamiekip
Ess Three
ChriS3
Phantom
L60N
Iggu
PaulAr
JamS3
maxS3uk

Be easier to keep tabs on who's in and who's out.

Well i have been more or less promised a 1st sep pick up so should have it by then, wont be putting it on the track that early mind!

If I dont I might scare you all with the power of the 1.6 primera with 97k on the clock I have at the min!!

Oooo, this sounds interesting..... Did something similar years back at Donnington in an 200 horse Fiesta Turbo. Thought I was doing well till I was passed (at great speed) by a transit van with cossie running gear.... :(
Will we need skid lids?

TLD helmats ftw

TLD-flame-helmet.jpg

Oh and I hope no one is bringing any rocket ships to upset me again. :moa:

I might be interested if diesel power is allowed.

Of course, more the merrier!!

Will we need skid lids?

Yes, if you dont have your own then the circuit can supply them for free, think its a £10 deposit which is refunded on return of the helmet..

Thanks Jamie for the list, I have copied it into first post and we can keep track of it from there..

Ill get more info on the date tomorrow, if anyone else is interested and would like to be added to the list then post saying so and ill pop your name on..

Jonny

Sounds like it'll be a cracking day guys.. Would love to come and see the activities, but i'll be at the Ring that weekend.. Can't wait...!

Jonny, can you put me down for a maybe? It all depends on the dates.

Sorry just away at the moment, back next monday..

As soon as I'm back I'll get some possible dates up and we can go from there!

Jonny

I'm interested as I haven't done Croft yet and want to. Only thing is I'll be in the Ibiza rather than the S3.

Hey Guys..

Sorry about the lack of info, I meant to post up on here the other day..

Im going to Croft tomorrow to talk with the people there and get an idea of dates and prices so as soon as I have some info tomorrow I will post it up and hopefully we can get something sorted out

Thanks

Jonny

Check out the top post for info of the track day :)

Thanks

Jonny

Might be interested in this....

Anybody tracked a 3.2 before? Dont know wether it would be abit lumbering and not so much fun......................

Cheers