Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    Dealing with an OCD

Status

Forge CAI installed!

Well,after 3 1/2 hrs of toil,i've got my shiny new intake in. And what a swine! My hands ache like never before(and i'm used to 8 hrs on a jack-hammer). Still,'tis done. The engine cover is an absolute mare to get off,then the removal of the hose clamp to the turbo is nigh on impossible! Ok,so on to the install of the heat shield...it says undo the two plastic engine cover mounting posts...i didn't have a 12 point socket,only a six,tried various tools and they still wont budge. So for now,it's heatshield-less! Any ideas anyone?
    On to installing the rest of the pipework,not too bad,until the air filter behind the fog light! I accessed from underneath,just by feel, plenty of lube,and sheer determination! And some swearing!!
    One thing's for sure,this thing's not coming off when i'm due for a service!

So,back to the heatshield....is it critical? and how do i undo those blessed plastic bolts? They appear to have a nut behind,but once the heatshield is in place,it would be impossibel to get to them. (incidentally,i started undoing one,but the plastic bolt remained stuck)

Answers on a postcard please!!!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    well done mate
    now for some pics...

09' imola yellow S3...
    h&r spings, forge twintake, forge dv, frc software, autotech hpfp, 76mm dp + zorst, bbs ch 19's & defi boost gauge

Neutral

Status
    Sounds like a real pain! How does it sound? A lot different to standard?
    Get some pics up
    8P A3 2.0T Quattro S-line
    Bluefin plus toys

3rd Gear

Status
    Hummm, sounds like a pain! I know I'll be doing this when my S3 arrives. Anyone got any install/process pics? If no one's done it by the time I get mine I guess I'll do it!

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    I'll try and get some pics tomorrow,and take her out for a spin too...should be good,as there's a Hammer map under the bonnet too .
    Now i just need to sell my soul for a turbo back exhaust and fuel pump!

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    I'll try and get some pics tomorrow,and take her out for a spin too...should be good,as there's a Hammer map under the bonnet too .
    Now i just need to sell my soul for a turbo back exhaust and fuel pump!
    so no children then

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Nope....we all have our priorities!

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Well,just pootling down the road to warm her up,i could here air being sucked in....it's like i've just wacked a huge blob of Vicks in there!

Ok,granted,it's wet out there today,but the traction control light's being triggered more and she sure does feel faster,more eager,and yes,i've now got that lovely wooshing sound,lower down the rev range than anticipated.

So,to sum up,the stock filter/intake set up might as well be a lump of cotton wool in a cardboard box....it sure does seem to restrict the breathing. The Forge is well worth the outlay/install hassle i had....I think i'm on that rocky road called tuning!

..pics will follow when it's dry....

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Pics as promised,minus the heatshield,but i should have that on shortly...the filter is well hidden behind the grill which houses the fogs.

What do you think about swapping the oil filler for an R8 style (see Awesome)...and which engine cover?

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Spot the difference? Clue....oil filler cover. Just a shame it doesn't quite line up!

2nd Gear

Status
    NICE...

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......