Engine cover removal?

Fast,not furious

Dealing with an OCD
Reaction score
Hi guys,i'm trying to install a Forge CAI,(it only has instructions for the Golf cover) I've removed the OE air hoses from the engine cover,but can't seem to get the cover off! I seem to remember reading something about pulling it hard (ok,no funnies!) ...it's not budging,and i don't want to bust anything! Am i missing something???:uhm:
It's an S3 8P.

Pull up and down furiously for a few minutes, you should pop it sooner or later :)

Seriously though, i seem to remember that u should be pulling quite hard - at opposite corners, i think he said he was worried about breaking it, but it was fine...

good luck. ;)

I have read that it gets off much easier when the engine is still a bit warm.

And dont pull on the front.

Tim

Pull the top right corner first, then bottom right..

You should now have the right hand side (as its sat in front of you) dislodged from the engine.. Now get your hands all the way under the front left and pull towards the front of the car and upwards at the same time (dont pull on the thin piece of plastic)

Once thats off then the top left corner should pop off easily..

Now you have it off, and installed ur CAI, am I correct in thinking you can't put it back on?
And you need one of these?
8p_engine_cover_small.jpg

Yes...sort of. It would be a hassle to take the Forge off,knowing how awkward it was to fit! The OE engine cover is redundant for now,so i guess i'll be needing one of those! Is it going cheap (no funnies about canary's etc!)