EM TuningSky Insurance
    Dealing with an OCD

Status

Engine cover removal?

Hi guys,i'm trying to install a Forge CAI,(it only has instructions for the Golf cover) I've removed the OE air hoses from the engine cover,but can't seem to get the cover off! I seem to remember reading something about pulling it hard (ok,no funnies!) ...it's not budging,and i don't want to bust anything! Am i missing something???
    It's an S3 8P.
    Last edited by Fast,not furious; 4th July 2008 at 11:49. Reason: Missing information

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

2. # ADS
    ADS

L60N
    Pull up and down furiously for a few minutes, you should pop it sooner or later

Seriously though, i seem to remember that u should be pulling quite hard - at opposite corners, i think he said he was worried about breaking it, but it was fine...

good luck.

1st Gear

Status
    I have read that it gets off much easier when the engine is still a bit warm.

And dont pull on the front.

Tim

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Ok,thanks guys,i'll pull harder then..and ignore the breaking sounds!

Gary

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

4th Gear

Status
    Pull the top right corner first, then bottom right..

You should now have the right hand side (as its sat in front of you) dislodged from the engine.. Now get your hands all the way under the front left and pull towards the front of the car and upwards at the same time (dont pull on the thin piece of plastic)

Once thats off then the top left corner should pop off easily..
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Excellent,thanks Johnny,i'll get on to it!

Gary

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Done! both feet planted securely on top of radiator,followed by plenty of yanking!!!!...ok,not quite.

3rd Gear

Status
    Now you have it off, and installed ur CAI, am I correct in thinking you can't put it back on?
    And you need one of these?

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Yes...sort of. It would be a hassle to take the Forge off,knowing how awkward it was to fit! The OE engine cover is redundant for now,so i guess i'll be needing one of those! Is it going cheap (no funnies about canary's etc!)