RNS-E - TMC Help .....

cliveywolves

Reaction score
Website
www.carinsurance4u.co.uk
hi all..

Just a quick q's if anybody knows the answers please help me out...

TMC best to set to auto or a certain station ????

TMC i know you can display the messages on screen via the INFO button, but does it only give you voice warnings if your actually navigating on route or does it still warn you if your just viewing the map normally ( ie the road your actually driving on at the time ) ???

cheers boys...

hi all..

Just a quick q's if anybody knows the answers please help me out...

TMC best to set to auto or a certain station ????

TMC i know you can display the messages on screen via the INFO button, but does it only give you voice warnings if your actually navigating on route or does it still warn you if your just viewing the map normally ( ie the road your actually driving on at the time ) ???

cheers boys...

I leave mine on auto. It seems to pick up all the traffic!

It will only tell your verbally that it is re-routing so of course it only does that when you're using navigation. Hence why some people, including myself, program a destination even if they know the way. I then turn of voice commands but a re-route will override this and I can then follow the new route.

I have had mixed results with TMC and it always seems behind what is actually happening by quite a bit. The only time it worked great was when I had my RS4 and the M4 was closed at cardiff; it then routed me around the closure avoiding 10 miles of tailbacks!.. At several locations I crossed over the motorway to see a sea of tail lights!...
But, last night it said there were 6 mile tailbacks in the roadworks around cardiff and tried to re route me; I ignored it (for the seconf time this week) and found about 100 yds of slow traffic which cleared quickly. The TMC then updated to say 3 miles of queues!... So, dont trust it all the time!...

Mine is also set to Auto. I think you only get the verbal warning if you're in Navigation mode, as opposed to simply viewing your position in Map mode.I love the TMC feature - it has saved us on long journeys before - but it does seem slow to update sometimes when you start the car.

I have had mixed results with TMC and it always seems behind what is actually happening by quite a bit.
The best way to get all the TMC data is to leave it set to Auto.

But ... the data you get is NOT automatically generated. It's manually entered - so it's ALWAYS behind what's actually happening. But it's usually better than nothing...

If you think TMC data is inaccurate in the UK you should try it in France - last summer it told us about roadworks ... that had finished 2 YEARS earlier! Good job we decided to take the risk and ignore it.

The best way to get all the TMC data is to leave it set to Auto.

But ... the data you get is NOT automatically generated. It's manually entered - so it's ALWAYS behind what's actually happening. But it's usually better than nothing...

If you think TMC data is inaccurate in the UK you should try it in France - last summer it told us about roadworks ... that had finished 2 YEARS earlier! Good job we decided to take the risk and ignore it.
Quality ,

Its always been spot on with me.

Ignored it once and was stuck in a tailback that took me nearly 2 hours to do about 8 miles, never again!

Not sure if people know but a handy way to know it is activated is if a D is shown on the red arrow on the DIS when in navigation mode.

Thanks Jamie, so TMC = D.... :uhm:
Must be vorsprung dirk logic.

Its always been spot on with me.

Ignored it once and was stuck in a tailback that took me nearly 2 hours to do about 8 miles, never again!

Not sure if people know but a handy way to know it is activated is if a D is shown on the red arrow on the DIS when in navigation mode.
Never new that regarding the ' D ' on the DISm

Noticed it this morning on way to work came on and off and then back on again...

Cheers

My TMC indicator is always crossed out.
Local dealer says it is a licensing problem in Scotlnad and it will noy work. Seems odd considering I spent the last 2 years using TMC in a land Rover and longer with a Navman previously.

Is this advice from the dealer correct?