Something rolling about in dash

dsl55

exploring other avenues
Reaction score
Had the car since 29th may, done 1300 miles and it sounds like there's a marble stuck above the glovebox that rolls back and forth with acceleration/braking and side to side with hard cornering. Tried all sorts of things, nothing in glovebox etc so been to Audi this morning. Ken dropped the gove box, pollen filters and something else and couldn't see what it was so got to go back in on Monday for 3 days for full scale dash out job! :ohmy:

Managed to blag an A5 as courtesy car though, only supposed to get like for like, tried for a TTS (they have a white roadster and blue coupe) but he wasnt having it - doubt they are courtesy cars somehow but worth a shot!!

I am a bt worried that it will never be the same again!

Dont do what I did and try to retrieve a parking ticket from between my windscreen and dash in the S4, and got my hand stuck, so I tried to free it with the free hand, and get that stuck too!

that is the sort of thing i would do!

Dont do what I did and try to retrieve a parking ticket from between my windscreen and dash in the S4, and got my hand stuck, so I tried to free it with the free hand, and get that stuck too!

HAHA, thats laugh out loud funny!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

Just get them to remove the glovebox & drive it yourself round for a few days, you will soon trace the noise fella, stealers tend to not use common sense atall, they just take of cant see anything then say oh lets take the whole fecking dash out when its probably a loom loose moving back/forth somewhere making the noise.

This is what I would do after many times of removing glovebox for mods etc, simple & easy, I would never trust the stealers to remove the dash as you would tend to end up with more creaks & noises than before, not a good move atall IMHO fella.