Top Gear cool wall

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Any comments regarding Clarkson saying the RS4 has surpassed the M3 as the '**** driver's' weapon of choice?
Or was he right when he said it about the M3, but is now automatically wrong when he says it about the RS4?:blush:

It was actually really weird that they covered this, as I finally got around to reporting one particular RS4 **** earlier in the day.
Had enough of the **** treating my street like an acceleration/braking zone, then openly ignoring the 30mph limit through the village.:angrymod:

I knew they were referring to the RS4 as soon as he asked the question.

I'd still think the M3 was the car of choice, but the RS4 is becoming less of a rarity on the roads of late.

i cant believe what Clarkson did with all the audi's it is bad ... i must say i have always had bmw's till my A3 and alwyas liked the M3 but saying the the Audi has gone to uncool outrageous..

I think the brand of car is irrelevant as you get ***** in all sorts of motors but it was refreshing to hear him cut BMW some slack even at the expense of Audi.

I must admit I do hear/read RS4 rather often these days in response to many of the what next queries various people post so perhaps they are becoming weapon of choice.

Clarkson even managed to supress his rant at seeing the Vectra replacement !

A good episode last night.

i cant believe what Clarkson did with all the audi's it is bad ...

Don't know what you mean by that.
If you're saying he's anti Audi, you're wrong.
He's just stating his opinion that specifically the RS4 is driven by *****.

I think its because the old M3 was bought 2nd hand by idiots. Now with the new M3, its changed that because it still new. I'm guessing its not that much to buy a 2nd hand RS4 so they've all moved over? I dont think its outragous... TBH everything they say you've got to take with a pinch of salt as its done for a laugh and for a bit of banter. I couldn't care less what people think of Audi's!

Ill just go off what I have seen personally and TBH I have never seen an RS4 driven in a 'cockish' way and I see quite a few round my area, M3's on the other hand, a fair few examples but not specific to the most recent model

I think its because the old M3 was bought 2nd hand by idiots. Now with the new M3, its changed that because it still new. I'm guessing its not that much to buy a 2nd hand RS4 so they've all moved over?

My view - this is spot on (and Clarkson was spot on too). ***** will look for a "flash" car to roar around in indiscriminately but because they are ***** they don't have the cash to buy these things new. So the **** market has shifted to the £35kish second hand RS4 market. In 4 years time when the new M3s have come down in price thye ***** will be in the BMs again. I thought Clarkson was making a (valid) point about ***** rather than Audi/BMW.

Oh and I popped into my local BM dealer on sunday and they had an M3 in the show room, it's been in their for a few months now so they obviously aren't shifting, I hopped in and to be honest I was a little disappointed with it. I'd rather have a 335i coupe and save myself £20K. 90% of the car 99% of the time, close enough for me. I dont think that £20K for those rare occasions when you can let it rip is worth it.

J.

My view - this is spot on (and Clarkson was spot on too). ***** will look for a "flash" car to roar around in indiscriminately but because they are ***** they don't have the cash to buy these things new. So the **** market has shifted to the £35kish second hand RS4 market. In 4 years time when the new M3s have come down in price thye ***** will be in the BMs again. I thought Clarkson was making a (valid) point about ***** rather than Audi/BMW.

Definately!

Ill just go off what I have seen personally and TBH I have never seen an RS4 driven in a 'cockish' way

That's what made it all the more relevant to me, that I do see one being driven in a cockish way all the time.
FWIW, I suspect this particular **** has had his one since new (06 plate).
He also has a 911, but (conversely) doesn't seem to drive it in the same manner.:think:

Lol, made me chuckle, I also got a lot of abuse from my flatmate because of it! She called me a **** a lot that evening!

Cockish way of driving has nothing to do with the cars or the manufacturers.....

It is the silly knob beyond the steering wheel that is the problem!!

And we get loads of them... Driving a range that goes from Saxos, to S3, to M3 to even Porsches and Ferraris!!! Nothing to do with money, just education!

Pedro

I'd rather have a 335i coupe and save myself £20K.

This is it though isn't it ? A **** would WANT to pay an extra £20k just for the "M" badge. A non-**** would buy the 335i because its clearly the better value option. With you all the way on this one.

Lol, made me chuckle, I also got a lot of abuse from my flatmate because of it! She called me a **** a lot that evening!

Got a `****` txt from a mate of mine.
He drives a Pug 206.

Think I will stick with being `****`....:)

Do you know as soon as I heard them saying that on Top Gear last night I was wondering if you'd post a topic up about it on here :lmfao:

Don't know what you mean by that.
If you're saying he's anti Audi, you're wrong.
He's just stating his opinion that specifically the RS4 is driven by *****.
Agreed - he said that rupert whatsisface's R8 was a fantastic car and hamster thought the RS6 was good too.

Can't say they are anti-audi.

Although, having said that, hammond did say "all audis" when they mentioned moving the RS4 down the wall.

I thought last nights episode was rubbish ( from a information point of view ) we got ZERO info on the RS6 , and a tad more on the AMG.

Why didn't the Stig put them round the track? thats what i want to know.

p

And we get loads of them... Driving a range that goes from Saxos, to S3, to M3 to even Porsches and Ferraris!!!

Pedro

True. I notice you make no reference to the Japanese/Far Eastern marques. In my experience these are cars driven by semi-***** rather than the full ***** Clarkson was on about.

I thought last nights episode was rubbish ( from a information point of view ) we got ZERO info on the RS6 , and a tad more on the AMG.

p

Even odder - he didn't put the Merc "Black" round the track and Clarkson loved that. Permission not granted maybe ?

I was keen to see how the Merc and Audi did around the track aswell

If we're all honest, that's all we really wanted to see, the RS6 having it's nuts wringed off round the track!
And although i'm not a huge fan of Merc's, that AMG was a bit on the sexy as f**k side!

Even odder - he didn't put the Merc "Black" round the track and Clarkson loved that. Permission not granted maybe ?

I think thats the case. Its like the Bugatti. They've had one at the studio loads of times just not round the track.

A mate of mine went to the recording for this episode and apparently they took the keys to the R8 (Rupert's) without him knowing. When they were interviewed, Clarkson asked him if he drives his car hard and he said no. He then said 'watch this' pointing to the TV and the Stig was thrashing his car around doing doughnuts and all sorts! At the end he came out the car, pointed at the tyres and they were shredded! lol

He even mentioned audi drivers with Breitling, I have one LOL.

I was gutted to say the least.

I am A **** lol

David :yellowrs4:

I associate Breitling with Ducati, hence the fact I don't/won't have one.

If you look at the date on the clock in the RS6 it was filmed in April, they will put a RS6 round the track soon, I cant wait to see them put the new S3 sportback around it though!
Going back to the RS6 not sure it will do well around such a tight track its more of a open road balls out car!

I knew this topic wouild appear today and i knew it would be Bowfer who started it! (remembered his anger towards the local RS4 owner).
Clarkson was bang right. Also this has nothing to do with money whatsoever. I lad i know has a brand new Ferrari F430 and he is the biggest **** i've ever met.
In my opinion the position in the market taken by BMW and Audi have gone full circle. Audi used to be known for good taste, discreet, understated, classy cars but that seems to have changed.
Audi are now banging out cars in bright yellow, orange, blue etc etc. Who's that appealing to? People who don't want to be noticed? Hardly.
Look at the BMW colour options in comparison.
BMW make more understated, classy cars than Audi these days...In my opinion. Compare the 335i to the S5 and i rest my case.
Look at the old S and RS cars compared to the new ones. They were far less 'bling'.

Don't get me wrong, i love Audi's design ethic and they usually get it right but lately i can see why a lot of Audi drivers are gettin a rep for being *****.

Individuals are *****... not the cars! Japanese cars ou have the trully cars enthusiasts there... hence the serious tuning going on there! What happens is some "cheap *****" try to copy them... oohhh... we called them... is it chavs?

Pedro

He even mentioned audi drivers with Breitling, I have one LOL.

I was gutted to say the least.

I am A **** lol

David :yellowrs4:

I did chuckle when he said Audi and Breitling, given your's and Spin140's taste in watches!

It was a good episode last night, althoug I was in histerics last week as his wheel came off that fiat he was driving :)

J.

Me too, although that wheel got awfully close to Hammond/May/the camera, which just so happened to track the wheel as it dissappeared into the distance, which lead me to believe that it was a bit staged (was ****** dangerous if it wasn't!)

It's a function of how popular the marque has become, unfortunately. If only 1% of drivers are a ****, then with a niche product you are unlikely to find a **** in them. Once a brand goes mainstream, the number of ***** increases dramatically, and when you finally achieve brand dominance then most of the ***** will be driving your car.

Audi are victims of their own success...

Cheers
Dan

I knew this topic wouild appear today and i knew it would be Bowfer who started it! (remembered his anger towards the local RS4 owner).

God, I hope said RS4 **** was watching it...:yahoo:
Mind you, he'll be getting a visit from the coppers soon, so his cockage will be pointed out to him.

It's a function of how popular the marque has become, unfortunately. If only 1% of drivers are a ****, then with a niche product you are unlikely to find a **** in them.

That may apply to Audi in general, but the point Clarkson was making is that a far higher percentage of RS4 drivers are likely to be *****.
It is an overtly aggressive car, no bones about it.
Its look is aggressive, its noise is aggressive.
You're not going to get a quiet, unassuming, person owning one.
They are a statement that says;

A/ Hear me
B/ Look at me
C/ Get out of my way, peasant.

p

Overall, it was an ok episode, IMO. (Last weeks was hilarious). But I was really disappointed they didn't put the RS6 round the track. I have a vague memory, from years ago, that they did the same with the old RS6. It p#ssed me off then too.

AL