window up noise

Kontraband

Reaction score
If I use total closure to open my windows before I go to the car, once I pick up speed and want to close them I lift the buttons at the same time and the windows go up.

The issue is that when the drivers window gets to the top it sounds like its trying to continually push the window upwards and clicks about 5 or 6 times.

Does anyone elses do this.

Sometimes it will also make one or the other window close to the top, and then drop back down 10 cms?? Whats the deal? :think:

Sometimes it will also make one or the other window close to the top, and then drop back down 10 cms?? Whats the deal? :think:

I get this all the time - drives me mental. Don't know what the deal is but I'm guessing its the Health & Safety brigade with another not-so-bright idea. I'd prefer to cut off my head with the window sometimes .....

I get this all the time - drives me mental. Don't know what the deal is but I'm guessing its the Health & Safety brigade with another not-so-bright idea. I'd prefer to cut off my head with the window sometimes .....

Have you ever actually seen/heard of anyone being in trouble by getting their head chopped off!! I mean WTF!! ;)

Its the way you drive! :)
You should ask my missis....... oh no wait... we've done that one! ;) I think this is one issue that actually doesnt appear as a result of my driving! ;)

Seriously tho, mine has done it a few times, pressed the window up and the fooker comes back down again. Its happened to me 3 times. Ive just pressed it back up and held the button down, after 3 attempts it seems to stay up. Im guessing its just over sensitive and as Iggu posted - H&S concious about not chopping peoples arms off :)

After 3 attempts the auto down safety system cuts out which then allows manual lift to the top.

The window dropping down could be due to tints added to the glass which adds to thickness even by the smallest amount does affect the gliders & the pressure switches in the window lifters, also when driving along the outside air pressure could be slightly pushing the glass even by the smallest amount causing the pressure sensors to not lift fully or not go fully into the shut position which inturn would be why it seems to keep trying to lift when at top, just maybe of course from what I know of them.

The clicking you can here sounds like the one touch relay in the door module working as if you listen closely when holding the window button for few seconds you can hear 1st click for power, then the 2nd click which is the one touch been turned on.