H+R 50mm springs on standard shocks?

Mikey

Reaction score
Anyone know if this its ok to use H+R 50mm springs on standard SLINE TDI shocks? Im looking to lower my car around 50mm but dont want to be spending large amounts of cash on coilovers etc. Car is on standard 18" Audi wheels.

Thanks.

Hi are the springs specifically for an S-Line just if not and they are for any A3 TDi then you will find that it will only lower an S-Line by 25mm as its already 25mm lower than a std A3.

Think Sport is 15mm lower than std, then S-line a further 10mm.

If they do drop the S-line by 50mm then be careful as over time it could knacker your dampers.

As always if you want to go really low coilovers are your best option.

Cheers

Mark

Anyone know if this its ok to use H+R 50mm springs on standard SLINE TDI shocks? Im looking to lower my car around 50mm but dont want to be spending large amounts of cash on coilovers etc. Car is on standard 18" Audi wheels.

Thanks.

DPM are the lads to ask, but i think going lower than 30- 40mil on Std shocks is a no no , it will ruin any handling it has , and wear out the shocks very fast. You will need to upgrade the shocks sooner or later anyway , so do it in one go.

p

I was wandering the same thing as thinking about getting the same springs. I am no expert, but as said above i think they are just for an a3 and will lower a std a3 50mm but its only going to lower an s line around 25mm so i wouldnt have thought it would be to bad!

Let me know how you get on Mikey!

We normally see around a 30mm drop on the S-Line with the H&R 50mm springs. It is best and we do recommend to replace the shocks with shorter uprated ones when lowering the car any amount but you can get away with it on the S-Line with the shocks already being slightly shorter and uprated.

HTH

Damian @ DPM

sorry I think my post was a little vague! I did not mean I want to lower my sline 50mm on standard shocks, I was meant to ask if anyone had the 50mm springs on their SLINE on standard shocks. The 50mm springs like DPM said will lower the sline appx 30mm.

P1020823.jpg

This is my S-Line on 35mm H&R with 19 inch rims. Having had this setup for a few months i am so glad i did not go for the 50mm kit.

This piccy was taken 1 day after fitting so it is a bit lower now it has settled

I will try and find a piccy with the 18" on

lush car mate, pics with the 18's would be great. cheers!

P1020823.jpg

This is my S-Line on 35mm H&R with 19 inch rims. Having had this setup for a few months i am so glad i did not go for the 50mm kit.

This piccy was taken 1 day after fitting so it is a bit lower now it has settled

I will try and find a piccy with the 18" on

Wot rims are they pal, they look sweet

They are Audi A6 19" BBS Splits with 48 Offset. Well one of them has a 47.5 offset now cos the Mrs just battered it :-(