What is the 1 year service for??

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Alright guys...

I believe a new car has to have a service after 1 year or 10K (whichever comes first) correct?
Well mine was saying 2500 miles til next service upon start-up, but now it's changed to... 'SERVICE!'. I can only assume my car must have reached it's 1st birthday.

So what exactly is this service for? And how much is it? Or is it included? (sorry i'm probably being VERY naive there!!)

Just curious before i take it in.

Cheers.

Paul.:hi:

Not sure mate, i'm on veriable service's , i'm not due till 19k.

Ive got my interim oil and filter change booked for tommorrow , which i'm getting done early as i still have 60days left for it on the DIS

p

I think my first service on my last A3 2.0T after 14k was about £300 in total. i had a maintenance agreement with audi though so it cost me nothing at the time as i'd already paid for it.

So it should definitely be indicating a service after exactly 1 year? Seems a bit OTT considering the car has only done 7500 miles. Not impressed if it's going to cost me £300 either!

But what does the service actually entail??

So it should definitely be indicating a service after exactly 1 year? Seems a bit OTT considering the car has only done 7500 miles. Not impressed if it's going to cost me £300 either!

I had this with mine.

However, the dealer noted that it wasn't set to AVS, so they just did an oil change service, which cost ~£120. They then set it to AVS, so future services should be a lot less frequent.

I think my first service on my last A3 2.0T after 14k was about £300 in total. i had a maintenance agreement with audi though so it cost me nothing at the time as i'd already paid for it.

£300, Wow.
Sounds more like a mugging than a service. I Better get saving.

btw, be careful with the variable service arrangement if you have a remap.

I had my Mapped Golf on AVS and it was `asking` to be serviced after 10 month and about 8K miles.

I wasnt particularly gentle with it but it certainly didnt have a hard life neither, always warmed up, no track days etc.

Ended up switching to annual service in the end.

Cheers
Paul

I had this with mine.

However, the dealer noted that it wasn't set to AVS, so they just did an oil change service, which cost ~£120. They then set it to AVS, so future services should be a lot less frequent.
But may cost more £s........:(

interesting this, my S3 has just been asking for Oil Change Service at around 10k miles.

I rang around a few places - Audi & VW for quotes. They differed from £130 & £198 (incl parts, labour and VAT) up to £210 and £263 (at VW).

Totally unexpected, Audi were the cheaper ones ! When I questioned the VW place a bit further after the £210 quote they came back and said perhaps its a lubrication service which is about £120 and the fuller service could come at any time up to 20k.

This is very confusing, I booked it into Audi so hopefully that £130 quote will stand. I have a feeling the higher figures were quotes for the first inspection service. Fingers crossed.