retrofit reverse sensors where?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21388
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21388

Where would be good to get my reverse sensors retro fitted ? Its the audi kit and they are all painted up. Spoke to Awesome GTI and they dont fit them ? So open to suggestion of where to go in the North West area.
And no I dont really fancy fitting them my self !

Richard

Your Audi dealer will fit them if you cant find another local garage to do the job.

Dude just do it yourself man, its a doddle & it comes with the wiring directions(I think)

just some careful removal of bumper & I do beleive the bumper already has the markings on the inside of the bumpers for the positioning of the sensors as its just a cut/drill out area, then run wires into reverse lamp light & connect to ground & the reverse positive, simple.

I did them on a mk IV Golf and easy peasy although to be fair the sensors went into the (removeable) black inserts in the bumper (the main bumper and cover had cutouts)
I think I paid ~ £35 delivered on fl-eBay

Any suggestions of good garages in the North west area - before I ring the local Audi dealer ? as I am not willing to fit them my self

Richard

Any suggestions of good garages in the North west area - before I ring the local Audi dealer ? as I am not willing to fit them my self

Richard

A good bodyshop i reccomend is Winsford Body Shop on Middlewich road, ask for Alan. They will most probably do it for you.

I'm sure I recall from a previous thread on this topic that the rear bumper on the 8P has the parking sensor holes marked on the inside. You just locate them and drill the holes. Worth a quick search!