Radio code????

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Chaps

I am wondering if anyone could answer me the following questions about the Audi-Chorus-Double-Din-CD stereo, is this the newer version of the 6 disc stereo?

I have the 6 disc one but its the old style version so will the new oen plug and play?

Also if the stereo doesn't come with the code will i be able to uncode it using VAGCOM?

Nah, the chorus ii+ is only single disc. The symphony ii+ is the one with the built in 6 disc changer. all gen ii+ head units are double din.

The old one is ISO whereas the new one is quadlock. You'd need to purchase the ISO-Quadlock adaptor and antennae adaptor like the one for converting to an RNS-e from the gen II units. Something like this.

You won't be able to get the code from VAGCOM but you may be able to take it in your dealer while it is fitted to the car and see if they'll hook their computer up to it. Presumably the reason for this is so that an enterprising car thief can't just whip out your head unit and hook up their VAGCOM lead to retrieve the code. Best thing to do is make sure you get one with a code.

Here's one from the new A3 cabrio for €199: http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-A3-8P-Cabri...ryZ14259QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Marc just out of interest are all headunits able to plug in to any country's car if so would you use VAG COM to set the language up, just I wouldn't mind the 6 disc changer head unit like the one you put the link to, but no point buying it if all the menus are in German.

Cheers

Mark

They don't make country specific head units. There is only one part number for each model. I assume you use can just use VAGCOM to sort it.

Although looking on Ross-Tech and openobd.org web pages it says that there is a language setting for the instrument cluster, so perhaps it picks up that setting. Either way, I don't see it as a problem.

I have the manual at home for the Symphony II+ I took out of my car to fit the RNS-e. I'll take a look when I get home to see if it lists how to change the language.