Anyone got an S3 Like GTI Int with BBS CH 19's On?

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
As The thread title, any pics and what costs / spacers are involved.

David

somebody posted a photo of a black S3 with 19" CH's a while ago. Could have been Boydie. Looked amazing.

2 Rabit222> Your car looks Great!! What ET are this wheels and what width are they? 8''? With this H&R spring and this wheels do you get rubbing on agressive cornering driving? Tyre is 224/35 19 ? Is car with such a setup much stiffer than serial? Sorry on such many questions but I'll put 19'' CH probably on mine and I'm curious :) :beerchug::beerchug:

I really dnt understand the fitment / Offsets / Wheel bearings.

Ideally Im guessing I would want BBS 19" CH with 35 profile tyres.

David

Rabit 222 how does your car sound so good with the wastegate? Just a remap or with the dv?

2 Rabit222> Your car looks Great!! What ET are this wheels and what width are they? 8''? With this H&R spring and this wheels do you get rubbing on agressive cornering driving? Tyre is 224/35 19 ? Is car with such a setup much stiffer than serial? Sorry on such many questions but I'll put 19'' CH probably on mine and I'm curious :) :beerchug::beerchug:

Thanks mate. Wheels are ET50 and 8J wide. I am running them with 235/35/19 tyres. I mentioned in another thread that I removed a single screw from either side of the rear wheel arch and that sorted out the rubbing issue. The wheels are a perfect fit for the S3 and the H&R springs do compliment it quite well. I have decided however to replace my stock shocks with Koni Sports as there seems to be occassions when the stock shock bottoms out...I have had these springs fitted when the car had about 100kms on the odo...it is now close on 18000kms.

Would a GIAC remap / DV / Intake get it sounding like yours?

David

I don't know really who to go with. I have all different reviews which all conflict with each other or should I say have pro / cons.

I was going to swap for the new facelift, but I'd have much more fun in doing my own enhancments.

Ideas are new Black 19" CH's, then remap / intake / DV. That would make me very happy.

What tyres did you go for? Where do you live, If I was real cheeky I'd love a ride with you :) hehehe.

David

It can be arranged heheheheh.

Nice though, It's a loud noise but its what everyone wants really.

Dave

somebody posted a photo of a black S3 with 19" CH's a while ago. Could have been Boydie. Looked amazing.

:rock:

DSC00388.jpg

Where is the best place to buy alloys i.e BBS in the UK?

David

I was told today that the official importer for BBS into the UK is PW Motorsport..

Rabbit did you put spacers on as I like the profile of the sides, do the HR make it hard going with such a wide profile on the wheels as otherwise rubs no?

How is sunny SA these days as havnt been back since 01 after my years stint in CT.

Rabbit did you put spacers on as I like the profile of the sides, do the HR make it hard going with such a wide profile on the wheels as otherwise rubs no?

How is sunny SA these days as havnt been back since 01 after my years stint in CT.

Hi Nigel,

I havn't fitted any spacers, it could be the profile of the tyre? 235/35/19s. Initially the ride was comfortable but with age she has become a tad hard...I have no issues with rubbing at all.

SA is going well, we are in the middle of winter now so I'm shivering my *** off :)

Hey Rabbit do you have any more pics of your engine bay? Also any more vids of your car.

David

Yeah bet it is, with the nice rains in CT through the winter, nice, not, I do miss it TBH, where bouts you, Joey, CT, East Coast???

Oh no spacers, I have to say I like those wheels & I have never been a BBS lover, but they do the car proud, really sits ****** nicely.

Yeah bet it is, with the nice rains in CT through the winter, nice, not, I do miss it TBH, where bouts you, Joey, CT, East Coast???

Oh no spacers, I have to say I like those wheels & I have never been a BBS lover, but they do the car proud, really sits ****** nicely.

I'm based in Pretoria, about a 20minute drive from Jhb. Thanks for the kind words Nigel.

@ Davidmann, I'll try and get some engine bay pics and hopefully another video or 2 this weekend for you.

just being honest mate, nice car.

Whats been happening with the influx of people from Zim as I heard that it had got very very messy in SA to the point of murderous, anywhere near you?

That ******* Mugabe I tell yer, he has well & truly fecked Old Rhodeshia, why oh why what a very sad time it is to see such a beautiful flourishing country turned to nothing, *******.

If you want a set of BBS' speak to Philip at PW Motorsport, he advertises on here. Top bloke, good prices and a pleasure to deal with.

I bought mine from him a few weeks ago.

J.

just being honest mate, nice car.

Whats been happening with the influx of people from Zim as I heard that it had got very very messy in SA to the point of murderous, anywhere near you?

That ******* Mugabe I tell yer, he has well & truly fecked Old Rhodeshia, why oh why what a very sad time it is to see such a beautiful flourishing country turned to nothing, *******.

They are more in the townships, most of what you have seen is actually happening or has happened in the townships. Things have quitened down significantly...about Mugabe, no words can express how much I hate that man, infact my sentiments are shared by all South Africans.

Ar right. i'll shout him PHILIP " I e-mailed the sales address ".

Can you help heheheh

David

Black S3's with the optics grille really do look nice!!

Here are some before pics I took. I didn't like the aluminium bling factor in my engine bay so I decided to have my intake sprayed black using a product called POWERKOTE. These pics were taken before I fitted the intake....

30012008038.jpg

30012008039.jpg

30012008036.jpg

30012008037.jpg

30012008046.jpg

30012008045.jpg

30012008044.jpg

30012008043.jpg

01012007034.jpg

Ar right, Do you still have the orginal engine cover on with the intake?

David

Ar right, Do you still have the orginal engine cover on with the intake?

David

I have sent it in to an engineering shop to have it modified a bit...if that doesn't work, I will be ordering an EVOMS engine cover as I hate the fact that my engine bay looks naked now. I wonder if Forge is working on a replacement engine cover?

I was thinking that. Was the Carb intake any good? What differences does the forge one have, do you know?

David

I was thinking that. Was the Carb intake any good? What differences does the forge one have, do you know?

David

No it wasn't...ended up being more a cosmetic mod then a performance mod. The Forge intake showed an immediate 10kw ATW gain on the dyno....definitely is worth the money, the Forge intake that is.

Ye, what gives the sound on your video? Is it the forge DV and the remap?

David

Ar right, I thought the intake was making the whoosh noise.

David